Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you continue to wear your mask when they are optional?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

No

Hilarious contrast in the retail outlets I've been in this week including petrol stations/lidl/hardware store so a good spread of society all in all.

Simiar observations in each as the week progressed, those of us who live in the real world walked around able to breathe the clean air freely and are quite bemused at the brainwashed who haven't woken up yet. You can see the smiles on the faces of the people who have moved on, the masked continue to walk with a paralysis forcing them to check their distances and get out as quick as possible, you'd feel sorry for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

No

I did my first weekly shop this morning without a mask, and it was a lovely feeling. Most of the staff were not wearing them, and a lot of customers were also maskless, but a good few customers were wearing masks too. I don't see the problem, it's supposed to be your own choice in what to do. There were no dirty looks thrown in either direction, people were busy going about their business. I found people were respectful in the queue, staying just enough distance behind, whether they were masked or not.

I'm immunocompromised but I am also deaf and I lip read, and apart from family and friends I felt very isolated when the masks were made mandatory. They created huge problems for me in tryng to communicate, and of all of the restrictions they had the biggest impact on me, so yes I'm delighted to be able to go into shops again without the fear or embarrasment of not been understood or not being able to understand what people are saying, but that doesn't mean I sneer at others who have made their own choice.

According to some posters on here, I and those like me, should stay inside and let them get on with their lives. It's not just your world, it's our's too, and we want to live our lives too, so why can't we just accept that other people will make a different choice, and just live and let live, I just find it so hard to understand the anger from both sides, I'm delighted to have the choice back, I'm aware of not getting into dangerous situations, but I won't lock myself away. I may be fit for the pound, but just because I'm getting on in years it doesn't make me stupid, I'm sure I could still give a few of you a run for your money! 😄

I also went to a pharmacy today and put my mask on, and I will continue to wear a mask in healthcare settings, so I will respect that.

Remember Personal Choice? It's not just for a few!

Edit: I posted this in the wrong thread, maybe I'm losing my marbles after all. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

No

I think its a matter of time for a lot of people really, done my own little social experiment over the past few days.

Was called for jury duty, so circa 50 people in the room waiting to see who gets actually called to be a juror. Didnt wear one myself, had it with me, wasnt genuinely sure of the protocol but looking around the room would say possibly half of people wearing masks on the first day.

Second day, same people minus the 12 picked and counted at least 10 who were wearing them the first day who had disbanded them the second day.

Its just going to be a big adjustment for a lot of people, wall to wall coverage of deaths, sickness and fear for nigh on 2 years and then bang "ah now, shur youre grand"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Yes in busy Shops/public transport.

I did read those. It has nothing to do with me or my post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

No

Who are?

Twitter page says "Hmm...this page doesn’t exist. Try searching for something else."

Not in agreement with the Covid narrative I suppose?

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭RoTelly

No

Interesting today I went to both Aldi and Lild and the vast majority were wearing a mask, one customer even brought up the mask one of the staff members. She was wearing a mask he was not. They both agree its better that there is choice over if you do or do not wear the mask. This is in contrast to Tesco, Dunnes, Pennys and Woodies.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

No

Does that make you the anti anti brigade? Practice what you preach.

No

Where money is concerned people learn fast.

Nope.

I've only posted comment, that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes in all situations.

I think yes I will continue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭robbiezero

No

Supervalu Killester down from about 60% masks on Monday to less than 10% today.

Great to see em disappearing fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

Think about that for a second. Would a highly immune comprised person be more likely to head to the crowded local for a pint or the chemist for their meds...

No

Most people that are sick get someone else to go into the pharmacy for them the majority of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Oh, of course, thats ok then 😊

" He.. re, all ye vulnerables! Stay da fxxx at home and get someone to collect yer meds so that I don't have to wear a bloody mask in the chemist, right?" /s

Oh and you the one who is ok to wear them on a plane cos' its legal ' but not in a healthcare setting?

What? you want vulnerable peope to stay away from hospitals now?

Ah sure I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No

It really is amazing how upset some people are with the concept of people exercising their freedom of choice with much hyperbole, strawmanning, and tantrums ensuing.

As I keep saying.. wear your mask if you feel safer - but that is the only entitlement you have the right to expect.

Yes you do seem to go on a bit about it alright. 😁

You do you...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No

My 9 year old is more mature than that response - you might as well have said "I know you are, but what am I?"

Pram... Toys everywhere!

Wear your mask. Stop worrying about those who aren't. They have just as much right not to as you have to do so.

Enjoy your night

• Advertisement

I am not worried whether you or others wear a mask or not . You do you was reference to that .

I have said this in every post in the thread . Show me where I have said that I want others to wear a mask other than healthcare .

You are the one who is ranting and throwing toys out of the pram because not everyone agrees that wearing masks in some situations is still required and advised . And not everyone is prepared to ditch them straight away so you don't have to reminded ( shiver ) of Covid .

That's tough on you /s

No

Where did I say that I’d wear them in a plane? You seem to be getting mixed up between posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,179 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No

Are masks a legal requirement at airports now or a recommendation?

All I can find for Dublin Airport is...

"We ask that all passengers wear a face mask throughout their full airport journey. Masks will be available to purchase from vending machines and other outlets throughout the airport. "

https://www.dublinairport.com/covid-19/covid-19-faqs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Is covid gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

No

Gone for the vast majority but the religion lives on for others.

No

COVID will never be gone.

That's the exact reason why many of us were so frustrated that we spent billions to hide for 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

No

We spent two years pointlessly hiding in our bunkers from covid, when, as it now turns out, we should have kept our bunkers ready for this week 😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And on and on and on and on......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement