Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Principal Officer competition 2022

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Winterspring

PAS have confirmed they are at 38 on the Dublin panel with 4 more left before moving to batch 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lror78

Hi there, I applied for the Head of Coms PO and panelled top ten. Does anyone know if there are vacancies and a realistic chance of being offered position? I’m public service currently and am really excited about the possibility of this opportunity.

I didn't hear about that one. Is it a recent panel and is it across the civil service? If the pace of the general PO is anything to go by then it could take awhile but you never know. The general PO is crawling. Surely there is a backlog of appointments by now as demand can't be this slow.

Hi there, thanks for your response. Yes, it’s recent, competition was advertised latter end last year with the results issuing last week and it’s across civil service according to application form. I’ve asked pas how many panelled to try and get some idea but no response yet. Will live in hope!

Best of luck with it. Great achievement to be in the top 10 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 MLC23

just for info, I rang PAS today. Not much of an update but they are still on no.38 of Batch 2 with six left to place before moving to Batch 3. The last person assigned was 09/02/24 and no movement since.

That's interesting. They told me they were at 38 4 weeks ago with 4 left to place. So it's official, it is going backwards 🤔 it has to be a record to have placed only 8 people since 21 Sept 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MLC23

Oh no, it’s going backwards! Very slow panel. I’m not even sure the extension to June will be enough to clear Batch 2 at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 night_owl_2022

Thanks for sharing the update.

I’m with in the last couple of batch 2 and I’m really starting to lose hope about being placed before the panel expires.

This panel really is moving so slowly, I wonder if there is any prospect of them extending the panel beyond June (since they went to the effort/expense of interviewing and ranking batch 3).

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

I heard this too. 12 placed since Sept according to my source's contact with PAS last week. In my own Dept I have heard of 3 upcoming retirements and we are fairly small :) Wish they would hurry up with batch 2 and get onto batch 3 though. 😂

• Advertisement

All this is really useful to know, thanks for sharing. However, as far as I understand - 3 retirements don’t necessarily mean that three will be taken from the open PO panel. Some posts are being suppressed (not replaced) and some departments may have a debt to the internal PO panel.

I really really hope this panel speeds up as I am on Batch 2 but this whole process is really stretching my patience… if anyone has any other intelligence, please do share so I don’t go out of my mind altogether ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

I work in one of the larger departments and my own anecdotal evidence is that retirements/departures are slowing down a lot.

PO assignments have been very slow. Additionally, I know of people who were placed on a Dublin AP panel over a year ago and have yet to be assigned. Definitely much slower from what I see..

Thanks for sharing, I suppose the key question for people still on batch 2 is ‘Do you think there will be 3-4 PO appointments across the whole civil service before the end of June?

It might be 3 whole months away but progress has been so slow on this panel it could be tight… are many POs likely to retire before the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 M-Type Star

@Lror78

I haven't been interviewed yet for this competition. How was the interview? Have you been placed yet?

Congrats on the high placement

Thank you.

There were 2 rounds of interview plus a presentation. It was tough but fair, focused on decision making and coms in terms of opportunities as well as scenarios. I’ve been offered nothing yet and no idea how many vacancies there are. I keep checking the portal just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭myk

People in this thread might be interested in the updated Civil Service payscales following the most recent public pay agreement. They are available on the Forsa website here https://www.forsa.ie/pay-scales/civil-service-salary-scales/

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CP30

any movement on the panel for anyone?

Last update I got was early April and they were still on 38 batch 2 with 4 more left on the panel. No movement since Feb. Hope is fading but still no competition advertised

Advertisement