Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Principal Officer competition 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SL15

Well done, nothing on my end yet. They said there are 15 positions available.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 zeus

@CP30 it was not the general PO. I saw it on Coimisiún na Meán website a few months back and applied.

@SL15 I hope you hear something positive soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SL15

@zeus can I ask,did you do the interview through Irish in early September?

It was about 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Winterspring

Any updates on where they are on order of merit for batch 2? Last info was that they had reached no.30 on 21 Sept. Anyone in 40s contacted yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CP30

Im low 40s and haven’t been contacted yet. I’ll post as soon as I am though. I would have thought they will also call a batch 3. With less than 20 candidates to get through and 6 months still to run they must see a need. I’m guessing now payrise through more retirements will follow at PO level.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MLC23

Just an update. I was mid 450s and got a message from Public Jobs this afternoon to say I was shortlisted for the next stage so looks like they are calling a third batch. Good luck to everyone.

Also 450s and called. Anyone further down? Would be good to know how many they hv called

• Registered Users Posts: 40 BigElmo

Nearly 520.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nosey Parker

Anybody apply for the PO in the National Gallery or the PO in Gambling Regulatory Authority?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭midfield dynamo

Any links to the advertisements? Can't seem to find anything online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Think the closing dates are gone. I vaguely recall them popping up on my public jobs alerts some weeks back. Iirc, the roles were quite specific

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

You also have to bear in mind that because this competition expires in March it'll effectively mean that there won't be another open PO panel for Departments to draw from until maybe July or August 2024.

The public sector continues to grow, and the Civil Service will be looking for additional POs next year while also trying to replace the ones who are retiring (I think we're probably a year or two away from the peak levels of retirement yet).

Many Departments are getting to the point where they're running internal competitions but the panels are exhausted after a couple of months.

In that context I wouldn't be surprised if they need another small batch in early 2024 to squeeze the absolute maximum out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Delete duplicate.

The booklet said the panel would expire on 29 March 2024 though. I presume they can't extend it can they?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

Shortlisted down as far as 530.

I wouldn't expect they'll be calling anymore than that, I'd imagine a new competition will launch early in the new year, rather than extending this one but a short extension is also possible.

If I recall correctly, the last competition had three batches and got as high as 700's in OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dotski_w_

I think they got up to 796 last time (and people up to high 900s were asked if they were still interested with a couple of months to go.

Seems to have gone slower this time though. It might depend upon how many in this batch are no longer available due to eg internal promotion.

Interview dates released. Mine is 1 November. I wonder how many they are doing and how long they will run?

Good luck to all on the upcoming interviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 juggernaut2

Good luck 👍

Anyone else willing to share whether their interview is outside of next week? Just wondering if they are all happening next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MLC23

Mine is next week, too.

Any movement on panel for people in batch 2?

Looks like u might be one of the last active people on the group from batch 2 CP30. I hope u get good news soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 night_owl_2022

I just heard that PAS are only on number 31 on Batch 2 and they only took 2 off the list in the past 6 weeks! From our chats on here there would be around 10-15 left on Batch 2 so progress seems slow…

How did everyone get on with the interviews? Did they give any indication about whether they expect to have jobs to offer the Batch 3 or did they warn they were holding the interviews ‘just in case’?

I found the interview fine. Challenging but u expect that at this level I suppose. No mention of the status of the panel but I have no idea how many they interviewed. If they took 130 into shortlisting they must think they will use at least some of the next panel.

If I make the panel I might start to worry about it but for now I am happy to have the interview done. They always have the option to extend the panel especially if PAS are swamped.

I presume those of us who interviewed for batch 3 will be put out of our misery on Friday. I am jumping at every email but I know PAS love Fridays for results. Good luck to all waiting on news. Any further progress on the Batch 2 panel?

• Advertisement

No updates in while now re batch 2. Good luck to all those waiting on batch 3 results!

Advertisement