Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

Does anyone know what’s required for stage 2 ? is it the same exams along with report writing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Well lad thanks for that ya I’ll have to think of both like doing the reserves the last year I have seen a lot of stuff and

Hi guys well done to all that passed I’m so happy I passed so if we are on OOM of 3000 will we be called this year for stage 2 sorry Just don’t know how it works ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 reimay

@hoops67 out of interest, what were your scores? Top 4 is impressive!!

Does anyone know how many roughly passed if 11,000 applied ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Mann2022

Fairly happy I passed .I was in the the category A top third for the 3 and came in the 900s . Maybe a extra question answered right could have moved people up a good bit . What kind of scores did people get to get higher ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kerryman88

I see someone saying 11,000 took the exam. How do you know that number?

Oh I don’t I know 11,000 applied just assumed 11,000 took exam but doubt it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Read somewhere there was a total of 11,075 applicants. But I’d imagine 9/10k took the test. A thousand of so might of lost interest but thats just me guessing. Well done to ya’s all though. To that chap who got no.4, you’ll be entering the role as a Sargent🤣 well done

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johnobrien93

Just received an email with my order of merit being 3438, I assume this means I'm out of luck? Numerical & Verbal reasoning scored well but the assessment questionnaire was where i let myself down unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Kerryman88

Anyone get ranked in the 3,000s or 4,000s?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Whoknows1212

Can anyone explain how the process exactly works ?

I done the test without any preparation due to health reasons but passed and in low 2000’s .

what are the chances of being called to next stage ? 🤔

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Deph

I'm quiet surprised for the intake for Stage 2, Report Writing. Only low 200, When news headline giving applicant numbers over 10,000 and success rate on Stage 1 is 3000 over. 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 12 coolsunflower00

I ranked in the low 1200s does anyone know if there’s any hope of me being called to stage 2 and if so when ? , I’m not too sure on the whole process next ? Congrats to everyone as well !!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

Congrats to all who passed 🙌 👏

Looking forward to the next stages 🙏

Well done to anyone who passed it was a difficult test and you should be proud of that no matter where you are.

Speaking for myself I was pretty shocked to get near enough to the top 10 candidates because I was (geniunely) sure I was after failing the thing. I was also suprised they were only taking 200 odd forward initially as that seems very low, I'm sure they'll work their way through candidates fairly sharply.

Keep positive and you never know where you'll end up with this.

congratulations to everyone 🤩

• Registered Users Posts: 25 minilad

Great job all, roll on stage 2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 KaWinNee

Happy to have passed as i thought i failed the numerical. Ended up doubling the quali score. Haha

Sad to have missed out on the first batch by 20 or so places. Just got to bide my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

Fair play on the oom that's top class 👌

Did you genuinely do a lot of practise? Or just naturally good at reasoning ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 FordSierra

My OOM is 14XX. Does anyone else have a much lower assessment questionnaire result than the other two tests? I somehow scored much higher on the torturous numerical than the assessment questionnaire.

To my surprise I placed within the top 50 was convinced I failed , best of luck to everyone going forward and for those who didn’t pass keep the head up this is my 3rd time applying so keep going

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SSoCMBS

Hey folks, congrats to everybody who passed the first stage. Does anybody know how this OOM process works? I ranked just over 1400 so I'm assuming there's probably no shot of getting called up if they're only taking in 224 now? Anybody have any idea how far along they're likely to get or if this OOM has any standing on future intakes? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Stretch1432

Horrible job lads I was a guard and left . A lot of ppl are joining and getting a taste of it and leaving . I Joined in 2020 and after I got through the training I got my station. Huge amount of paperwork and if your older and have a family you have little or no family life, the job takes over and you will have to go in on your days off to catch up on work . No work life balance and very stressful job.

Hi ,

yes I can imagine it’s stressful job and to join you really have to be devoted and ready I guess to face any struggles.

just wondering if you know how the process works as many people here are asking.

So only 224 people are getting through to stage 2 and further this year ?

they take on people from another batch depending of how many failed from 224 ?

what are the chances of being called if your in low 2000?

hope this questions make sense 😆

thanks ☺️

You can have a high oom and still get through all the stages . You will be surprised how you can go from being in the 2000s to below 1000. People drop out for various reasons, fitness tests failures other job offers etc.. Just keep practicing the tests and will have a good chance.

@Stretch1432 Thanks for your reply :)

unfortunately I left it to last minute to prepare and due health reasons I wasn’t even able to do any practice but I guess I should be happy I passed ☺️

I was high oom , I think I was in 900s and I ended up getting through. High oom doesnt mean you wont get in you might have to wait a little bit longer than those who have a lower oom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

what other test along with report writing will be in stage 2?

Advertisement