Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Deph

Interview with public sector representative. (Non Garda related) Fitness test and than if it's all G, College. 🤔 It's all in recruitment leaflet. The number one question is what's the intake for OOM per year, Does it reset following year or you're placed in queue and it might take a year or two, maybe 3, but your high OOM will come forward 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Iceomatrix

OOM doesnt reset they continue down the list, once you pass each stage you progress onto the next etc. You will end up in the college it will just take longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 KaWinNee

I could be wrong, and probably am, but the way i understand the oom system is they call in batches and work through them until they have got the 800 college goers.

Realistically of the 224 called. Some wont interview well, some will fail the fittness and some will just drop out etc

In previous campaigns i was in the thousands oom and did evantually get called. Just months after the first batch. (i didnt pursue due to other commitments)

They also have garda reserves and previous campaign candidates to consider.

You might have a high oom. But keep hope. If you get called and keep passing the stages. At worst you will be first in line for a new campaign if you dont make this 800.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Hally21

Fair play to everyone that passed. I was quite shocked to see they were only taking the first 224 into the next stage in June compared to something like 900 from 2019 if I remember correctly. I’m raging I didn’t study for it but wasn’t expecting that low of a number. Placed higher 500’s. Best of luck to everyone in the 224 group. Btw that maths was madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roisinoharaa

so what yer all saying is we’ll get called eventually for our stage 2 I placed the lower end of 500. So assuming maybe 2nd batch?? Congratulations everyone ! We should all be proud of ourselves if we got it or not it was so so tough I didn’t expect to pass in the least. Genuinely. If you didn’t get the results you wanted don’t let that discourage you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 roisinoharaa

Like if they’re taking 800, if you’re within 800, per say; we’ll be called in 3 batches? After 800 you could be waiting a bit longer? Also does anyone know if they give a date in advance of the stage two because I’d have to give an excuse for work since I didn’t open my mouth about joining AGS🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

I didn’t receive any results or any communication at all. Does anyone know who I should contact? I can’t understand what’s happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 seamie22

If you’ve a decent OOM for example: top 75, will this stand to you throughout all 4 stages or does your OOM reset at each stage if this makes sense?

They’ve just sent out another message. From what I take from it they didn’t take into account the maths side of it for OOM and they will take more batches over the next 18 months depending on vacancies opening up. Hopefully this is not dragged out. Have a feeling it may.

Going by previous years they’ll give you notice for the next stage. They’ll let you know dates of when it will take place and there will be a time slot to choose on that particular day. That’s what’s happened the last few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 dawnh451

Just got that email as well. Any idea why that was? Does the order of merit still stand as is or do you think they are implying it was a mistake and they will now take the numerical score into it as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

Think they were just clarifying that the oom was not based on numerical score, you just had to pass that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dawnh451

I wondered that about the order of merit as well.. glanced over the info booklet this morning again and still could see nothing to say if it's reset in stage 2 or if stage 1 result is taken into account

• Registered Users Posts: 6 reimay

I checked my previous stage 1 assessment results and people placed up to 946 were invited to Stage 2 in 2019. A much lower number now initially but as they have said in their most recent message, it will be in different batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

I found the numerical extremely hard in contrast to what I had practiced with career services but I was in CAT-A and if that was used I would be much higher on the OOM, I’m between 1,300 and 1,400 but so relived I’m still in the competition! The message that was circulated this morn was still a bit ambiguous, it’s hard to know when I will be called forward etc 🤔

I’d imagine they have got loads of enquiries over the last 24 hours and may have had to clarify what they said in the first message. Also I would say they will go till they have the 800 recruited and then anyone after 800 OOM will depend on dropouts/no shows/failures. Whoever’s not called will be still on the list for the next campaign and they’ll be called then. That’s my understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Query101

What about the 400 admin positions to be recruited?

800 plus 400 admin

yeah you’re right, not sure on what happens there now. Maybe someone else knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ElectricChkn

Hi Everyone,

Things seem a little different this time around compared to the 2018 campaign. I want to share my experience from then. I was placed in the low 2000s afer stage 1 with the first 900 being called for stage 2 initially, I got called for stage 2 about 4 months later. Passed stage 2 and was called for stage 3 about a month later at which point I had to withdraw because of family circumstances.

I'm placed in the low 2000s again and truly hope to be called in the next 6 months for stage 2 but who knows for sure. I knew a guy who was around 3000 in 2016 and is now a member of AGS.

Best of luck to all, see you on the other side hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 section69

Everyone who passes through the phases eventually gets called to partake in the next stage , so anyone who is high oom don’t be disheartened, I was oom 2800 in the 2019 campaign after stage 1, and I was in the second intake of 2021…212, with an eventual oom of 850 after interview , so you eventually get called , oom means nothing , it only matters with public jobs Pas, once you get by stage 3 oom goes out the window , it’s then all down to vetting , my vetting came back quick , and I got called with oom 850 but I had a friend who was oom 45 that was still waiting and only got in with the last intake of 2021….214, so yea , basically this is just a message to tell all ye high oom , to keep the faith, your day will eventually come , just keep passing the stages ✌️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

You get a new OOM after each stage. I had OOM of 500 before than after stage 2 it was 108, I was still called pretty fast through the stages.

For stage 2 we’ve only been told that it is Report Writing. It’s hard to believe it will just be that when in previous campaigns you had to repeat the stage 1 assessments along with the stage 2 assessments. More information should be released soon I’d say!

I think it was repeated in stage two to rule out people cheating or getting help in stage one so they would need to have similarities in their answers could be wrong though but shouldn’t be needed as stage one was monitored.

Yes stage two is report writing only, pretty clear in the candidate booklet

I think we all got that part.

Post edited by leheaven on

Ya it was, you had to get similar or better in them. Then you had to Job simulation and report writing too. I’m glad it’s done differently this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ditser

I'm confused by the whole system too but this comment above does not make sense! Sorry I'm not being harsh but hear me out. We are all only after completing Stage 1. If we know that the end result of this campaign 800 Trainees will be recruited well then logically the base of applicants needs to be much wider than only calling forward 800 to Stage 2. That 800 will all have to pass Stage 2 Report Writing, Stage 3 Interview, Stage 4 Medical, Stage 5 Fitness, and the Background Check with no failures or drop-outs. Everyone that passed Stage 1 will be called forward I think. I looked at the old threads here. Its definitely worth a look. By the way on these threads loads fell down on Report Writing in 2018 and 2019 campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ditser

I'm confused by the whole system too but this comment above does not make sense! Sorry I'm not being harsh but hear me out. We are all only after completing Stage 1. If we know that the end result of this campaign 800 Trainees will be recruited well then logically the base of applicants needs to be much wider than only calling forward 800 to Stage 2. That 800 will all have to pass Stage 2 Report Writing, Stage 3 Interview, Stage 4 Medical, Stage 5 Fitness, and the Background Check with no failures or drop-outs. Everyone that passed Stage 1 will be called forward I think. I looked at the old threads here. Its definitely worth a look. By the way on these threads loads fell down on Report Writing in 2018 and 2019 campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Don’t worry about the numbers that will be recruited, that won’t really affect people who are successful in all stages. There is a budget for 800 trainees this year, most of those people will come from the 2019 panel who are still waiting. Next year there will be another budget set, that is the pot of money that will pay the next 600-800 trainees.

If you are successful in all parts of the competition then you will be more than likely recruited at some point. For those with a higher order of merit, it can take a little or lot longer.

The vetting is the longest part. People with an OOM of 850 may get into the college before an OOM of 50.

They process people in batches as it is just easier on administration.

Get the head down for now, practice the report writing. Legible writing, Good spelling, Good sentence construction, Capture important details (don’t make them up, if you didn’t hear what was said)

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

Do you think they would recruit someone who barely scraped through 2019 tests and high oom before someone who flew it this year and scored great oom ?

Advertisement