Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Still nothing, it did say by mid may, given tomorrow is the 16th, fully expected word back by Friday gone. A few have said to get used to it though, every stage will feel like an eternity. Hopefully tomorrow we’ll know more

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TomHow

Imagine you have to have 2 years service as a voluntary member, putting your life in the same danger as those getting paid, it's quite outrageous tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Yes your right just wondering if anyone has the 2 years done in the reserves and applied through the reserve stream. I’m in the reserves a year and a half but couldn’t Qualify for the reserve stream this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JPS881

Hi guys, Did anybody get results yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GDA hopeful

Nothing yet for me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Results just out

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭leheaven

Results are out! Best of luck 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mrmanor

Omg results are out!! I’m so pleased. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dannydan

Anyone else not get an email yet ? Or do they let everyone know either way if they got through or not ? No emails for me yet but heard a couple people got them

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

Yes passed everything

• Advertisement

Only just got my results so I'd say they are sending them out in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 conor45

Does anyone know how the whole order of merit thing works? It said in the email that initially up to place 224 would be invited to stage 2. I am in the high 500's. And i thought that 800 were being recruited?

Anyone able so shed some light on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 reimay

Anyone lucky enough to be in the OOM group of 224 and below?

Is it usually split like that? Presume people after that OOM will be called gradually.

Congrats to all, ended up in the 300’s. Didnt make the initial 224 but hoping it’ll be soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Swabber21

People are called gradually in groups of a few hundred. Although, in the 2019 campaign over 900 were called in the first group. I wouldn’t worry about it though we will all get our chance more than likely

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭leheaven

It’s like they do it in batchs. So first people called will be those placed up to 224. Then they might go on and call the next lot from 224 to 400 and so on. Also depends on how many pass to stage 3 as well. That’s my understanding of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Query101

Im 1500!

where does that leave me?

Does anyone know how high the order of merit goes? As in if 2000 people passed does it go up that high?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Huge congratulations to all with results regardless if you passed or not. Knowing it’s a step-by-step stone towards your dream career.. we’ve got this! I’m over the moon I paced!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

Hi folks,

Massive congratulations to all of you have made it to the next round. I’m between 1,200 and 1,300 on the order of merit, I’m relived to make the next stage, the exam was so difficult I’m not concerned with the order of merit this afternoon but I suppose it leads me to the question could I be waiting a long time to even be called to next stage ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

Made it under the 224! Delighted.

Anyone looking for info on how OOM plays out, I'd recommend trawling through the threads of previous campaigns as it would have been discussed thoroughly. I would imagine anyone surpassing the qualifying scores will have their opportunity to advance onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kaycon

Passed thank god . Best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hoops67

Whoops

my bad

Wouldn’t be sharing your exact number publicly lads just as that could identify you if this threads monitored “.

well done all who passed

Post edited by Swabber21 on

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

@hoops67 you’ll be giving grinds for the next recruitment drive 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

No probs ;)

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Query101

If you have passed will you get called to stage 2 definitely or how does it work overall?

Advertisement