Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S22 Launch Feb '22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

I have the official Samsung charger. Takes 54mins from 0%.

Currently on 22% and indicating it will take 50mins to 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Can't speak for anything other than the Samsung fast chargers, but I've certainly seen situations whereby the actual USB cable impacts the ability to charge. Not the ones that come with, but if you, say have changed them out for length reasons with third party efforts, some of the cheaper efforts won't support SFC 2.0. I've even seen Anker models differ in capability with Samsung chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,202 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

With the samsung charger I get Super Fast Charger. With the usb-c cable that powers my laptop I also get SFC. i had to borrow a charger 2 weeks ago and i only got fast charging. It felt painfully slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

I've just returned the Amazon charger now and have just got this one:

I'm hoping that this will give me the SFC as it was the one thing I loved the P30 pro for, when you put in on charge it was at 70% within 30 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Thanks, I'll see how I get on with the one I got. Samsung are absolutely taking the piss though. Paying over 1k on a phone and no charger. It's not as if these superfast chargers have been out years and we have loads laying about. Most people might have a usb to usb c charging block, but usb c to usb c. anyway,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

It's an absolute joke. The next thing they'll do is literally just give you the phone and you'll have to source your own charging cable as well as the adapter. All this boll!x about the environment is a cop out to increase their profits on these accessories. We can all blame Apple for that sh!tshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,714 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ive two good chargers in the house and a wireless doc. I don't need more crap tbh

That's just me. I'd presume most people have a heap of chargers tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I'd say most people have plenty of the micro usb chargers and maybe even some have plenty of the USB-C to USB-C, however, what people don't have plenty of is the fast chargers and adapters that these phones can utilize up to 25w and 45w charging. The adapters are €40 plus (for a reliable brand) before you even buy a fast charging cable, so no, these aren't crap, these are expensive accessories that make a difference to taking advantage of the phones capabilities and as such should be included in a phone that costs more than €1000. I stand by my original comment. It's a piss take selling these high end phones and not including said accessories after spending that kind of money. Pure greed is all it is.

No I genuinely have 2 maybe 3 fast chargers. Samsung have been including then for a number of years in most models.

Just saying some people like me. Don't need more chargers.

Would like to see a reduction in the price to offset their removal though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

You should have the option to tick a box to say you want the charger or not. To buy a premium device and then potentially have to buy a charger if you're switching from another device is robbery, plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

So my other half knocked my Ultra from my hands and now I can hear a rattle when shake it, online states this is the ois does anyone else's phone rattle? Just hoping this is the case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

camera rattle is normal at the back, you might have had a lucky escape

Just shook mine and yes I can hear a rattle. Never dropped at all btw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Just shook mine as well, there is a rattle, thanks for pointing that out to me, that's going to annoy me now 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Thanks for checking, only noticed it when she knocked it out of my hand. A sigh of relief for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

I got that moisture detected in the usb port warning again...I am struggling to understand why this happens so much. It's never near water or liquids and I have cleared out the port.

This will probably sound ignorant but isn't the phone supposed to be water resistant? Why is it giving out about moisture in the port?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

Gave the port another clean out, cleared the usb cache,put the phone into safe mode and it charged fine. Took the phone out of safe mode and it seems to be ok.

It's because there's moisture detected. No matter what you believe to be true the sensor in the charging port is very black and white. It detects water or doesn't. It's to safeguard your phone in case you charge it when water has crossed the sensors it could ruin the device.

The quickest way to get rid is turn off literally dip the bottom half of phone into rice for 30mins then take it out .

Phones can't avoid moisture fully. Washing your hands putting it down kitchen counter top. Drink spills. Rain through your pocket if port facing up. Many different ways you wouldn't even notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

How do people find the battery life on the S22 Ultra, in general?

I currently have a S20+ and I am due an upgrade now. The Ultra is available for a reasonable price via Vodafone but I'm a bit worried about battery life. My current phone, which is my first Samsung, has by far the worst battery I've ever had in a phone. From day 1 it was offering less screen on time than a 2 year old Huawei. Currently I get about 2 hours SOT, and it has to be charged twice daily.

Does the Ultra offer much improvement on these values? Battery aside, the S20+ has been an amazing device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

I have the S22 Ultra and i probabaly get 6 hours a day on screen. Im not a heavy user but i dont use power saving etc. I use a lot of news apps and twitter. Always on display etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lordsheepface

anyone had any success finding a case with build in battery pack for the s22? its hard to judge the cheap ones thatll blow up in your pocket vs the quality ones. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

One ui5 upgrade now available. Unlocked phone on three.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Just checked mine there and the update is available on Virgin Mobile as well (unlocked phone direct from Samsung)

The phone is big enough nevermind add a battery pack case to it, I had 1 on an older phone and couldn't stand them, if battery life is that important and you won't be close to a charge point I'd suggest a few battery packs around the place.

By the way, nearly 3 gigs for an upgrade, I'm getting old when I remember getting entire operating systems on a floppy disk.

With fast charging battery banks, id agree, phones big enough already without another brick stuck to the back!

You would have it at 20-30% within 20 minutes, so dont see the appeal.

dam, spen no longer working out of the blue?

Did the reset of pen itself, reconnection, airplane mode, bluetooth on and off, restart and then eventually a factory reset.

Nothing!

phone and pen are undamaged, worse thing is both have to go off to be checked :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭notcarlos

Hi my S22 now only charges very slowly. All the settings checked for fast charging enabled but still the same. Restarted phone several times and cleaned the ports. Anyone have had the same problem?

Advertisement