Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S22 Launch Feb '22

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I always thought if you wanted to call record you have to use a third party app, I just checked Samsung's on Three, Virgin and Vodafone and none of them have it available.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,956 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm on Samsung S20 ultra & I have call regarding on virgin (Three)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

Similarly , I thought that call recording was not allowed in Ireland so there is no option on the phone given the region .

You have to install a separate app to get call recording

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Stupid but so dam handy. Had some solicitor forms to sign for mortgage switch this week. Email came in from solicitor with the docs. Had them signed with the ultra pen by myself and herself in about 30 seconds and back.

Solicitor even emailed in astonishment at turn around time .

Once you have the pen it's hard to let it go. Since my note 8

Call recording is legal in Ireland. Under Irish law only one person (one side of the convention) needs to know that its being recorded. This is on the phone or in person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

GoMo here on SIM free software.

No call recording option, can't say I recall seeing it before either.

Since the last update I seem to have new symbols on the notification bar for VoLTE or Wifi Calling.

Weird the way I couldn't get them on P6 on the same network but their readily available on the Ultra.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

How to record phone calls on Android: All you need to know (xda-developers.com)

Looks like it's region locked, VPN doesn't seem to make a difference to enabling it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭ThreeGreens

Thanks. It was definately available on my phone (s22+) out of the box, but has since disappeared. Perhaps once the one realised it's location it disappeared or my provider (GoMo) have it turned off.

Does anyone else have any call recorder that actually works? I used to use Advanced Call Recorder with my old phone and it worked perfectly. But with the s22+ it only records my side of the conversation. I've tried CUBE recorder too, but it has a similar problem. Their 'work around' seems to be that they use the phone microphone to 'listen' to the speaker, but that means they turn the call volume up so that everyone can hear the conversation (and it's uncomfortable) and the quality is poor.

I'm struggling to find a workable solution.

Having call recording is very handy when taking a work call while driving (hands free). There is no need to remember the details as I can check them later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I'm having a nightmare with my S22 Ultra when using mobile data. I've dual sim Three and GoMo and consistently despite showing 4g/4g+ available and the icon animating apps will give me no connection errors. Flight mode on/off or switching the active sim for data seems to get it working.

Reset networks, rebooting and an update yesterday doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Anyone else seeing this?

This can very much be your locality. No one can replicate your local conditions. Anything down to the busyness if your mast to the insulation of your house could impact the data speeds.

4g notification btw just tells your the available of the signal level. It doesn't tell you of the mast has high contention

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Yeah I've had this a few times with Eir, leave the house and have 5g signal but i'd lose connection randomly (i did read somewhere online about dropping from 5g into 4g/3g causing it), I would usually be running when this happens, so the I would notice spotify stopping first, entering flight mode fixed it. I've also noticed some issues with gps where my runs would be much longer than the distance the phone has tracked this has happened twice so far where I would have to run 5.5km to get 5km tracked on my phone.

I fully get this but I'm coming from an S10+ with the same sims, locations and usage behaviour and its definitely an issue.

I've had some problems with Android Auto with the GPS location not working and audio freezing. I put this down to new phone with my AAWireless adapter but I'm wondering is it just poor radio performance in the S22. The S10 was faultless, same car etc

Might be. But I've a go mo and go mo changed and edited my sim profile just prior to me getting my ultra.i had a note 10. Suddenly I got VoIP and my network signal became near flawless. It's was completely hit and miss prior to that. Your sim profile and local mast have a huge amount to answer for. You should b comparing the phone Operation elsewhere too.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

Are there any more of the stackable 10% discount codes floating about?

I have access to the 15% off with Revolut, but the extra 10% could convince me to jump on an Ultra

If you aren't doing a trade in then these are slightly cheaper from shops on adverts & Donedeal even allowing for the 15% discount

I'd be uncomfortable personally spending over a grand on adverts from a 'shop' tbh.

I bought the s10 plus in one of the shops around 3 years ago. Didn't have any issue with it. That's the only experience I have with them. I got a s20 ultra 256gb snapdragon from amazon France when it came out first. I'm itching to pull the trigger on the s22 ultra. I just can't bring myself to do it yet 😞

I tried the Revolut 15% discount. Followed the link selected my phone with the discount. Once I go to the checkout I have to log in to my Samsung account. The 15% discount then vanished.

I think the discount finishes end of march

The discount doesn't work for existing Samsung accounts. Don't ask me why. No idea. You have to login with a new email. Another one you own or your significant other. Discount will stay. Most people had the same problem.

So logout of your Samsung account and try again.from revolut.and New email.

• Advertisement

That worked. I don't know weather to thank you or curse you. I'm almost €1300 lighter now 👍

Feel free to curse me. I've cursed myself for convincing myself I needed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Does any shops have the S22 Ultra on display to check it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭plhealy2000

Is the S22+ worth the extra €200 over the S22.

On Vodafone and due an upgrade but they have no stock of the S22+.

Trying to decide whether to wait for stock or go with the s22. Moving from huawei p30 pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Is anyone having trouble getting their phone to connect to Android auto? All I get is "Cannot connect to AndroidAuto" on the car screen and I have to go through the process of re-pairing the phone which will work sometimes and then not other times.

Post edited by markc1184 on

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mouseycon

I have had a few issues like that in a VW. I found when it won't connect to Android Auto I try to select Mirror Link it will also fail then I try Android Auto again and it connects.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

What brand of headset do you have? I know there is/was an issue with cars who's headunits are made by Pioneer such as Suburus.

I had to change my cable again when I got this phone and it's been pretty much rock solid compared to previous phones I've had, apart from one episode in which it would disconnect immediately but a restart of the car sorted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

It's the standard headunit in the 2021 model Skoda Karoq. Trying to get an S22+ to pair with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Might be worth trying a different cable then, it's extremely temperamental when it comes to them.

Advertisement