Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S22 Launch Feb '22

Options
  • 05-01-2022 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

So it looks like launch is early Feb. I think 8th was thrown around..

With the combination of the Note range folded into Ultra device. Who's looking at this device as an upgrade.

I'm possibly in the market. Have to see what comes out to tempt me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

All I see is another brown Galaxy Note...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Apple for me ,have S10 almost two years and hate it , partner has S20 and hates it

Ive an Note 10plus and it's an absolutely excellent device prob the best I've had.

This thread isn't about moving to apple but enjoy. Not for me too many limitations its a good phone for people that don't need more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've the Fold 3 and love it but really miss the Note, really considering moving back, never realised how much I used the pen. I have the pen for the fold but not having it in the phone is a pain in the arse, its also a 2 hand phone as the main screen is too small when you move from the Note.

• Advertisement

It comes in really stupidly handy at various times. You don't notice until it's simply not there I've found when using other devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Read what rumour... Its customary to comment on links not just stick them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

At you some form at advertising automated bot or are you going to give input. Its customary on a forum...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It's a link to a release date rumour ,not much more to add is there ?

Hard to know what the poster was actually talking about because they didn't bother saying. I also put the 8th in the opening post so..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

IceUniverse is usually spot on with Samsung rumours. Ice universe (@UniverseIce) / Twitter

I makes sense to me to have Feb be the launch for the S range, bringing the Note into the S range makes even more sense to me. Personally, I've had the S6 Edge, S7 Edge, Note 8 plus, Note 10 plus, Note 20 ultra and Fold 3, major fanboy I know but they normally release the phones when I get a bonus so it's a treat, the price point of the S22 Ultra will be the deciding factor for me, if I can flip the Fold 3 for it I'll probably change over.

I'm also interested in the S8 Ultra Tablet but I don't think it's worth the upgrade from the S7 Plus

Pricing on these is looking very tasty in the negative meaning.

But on the other hand they seem to have on paper the best of everything. Early promo videos concentrate on night mode camera being vastly different than anything theyve done before.. All marketing of course but I do like a night shot. Be nice for it to come out better.

Hmmming and haawing on getting one at the moment. See what offers or extras there are.

I recently took my Note 20 Ultra out, yup I'm going back, the Fold is a decent phone but too cumbersome to use so I'll be picking up the S22 Ultra next month. The S8 looks a decent tablet as well but I already have the S7+ so I don't think it's worth the upgrade.

No sign of offers yet on this. They are giving preorder discounts all over the shop in other GEOs.

I'm expecting a free set of ear buds with the phone and keyboard case with the tablets

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I still haven't taken the free set of buds I got with S21 out of the box.

Hoping it's something different.

The S7+ came with a crappy cover last year, the alternative was a bluetooth gaming controller which I'm sorry I didn't go for. The Fold came with a flip case and pen (and charger). I think I got Buds with the Note 20, I used them once but my wife and children laughed so much at me with pink ear buds I never used them again. I have a set of the Pro buds though, they are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

No sign of any offers or being able to reserve the s22 yet.

• Advertisement

Seems slow on the ground being this close to launch

I wonder will there be shortages and maybe because of this they might not give any deals.

They've already indicated there will be shortages.. And pushed back the general 22 lineups till late Feb or March. Ultra is the only one not pushed back.. Yet.

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 1TB - Burgundy |

Wasn't expecting a 1TB version, €1,699 and a free set of Buds Pro

That's pricey for the terabyte all the same. Will trade in be OK if you've some cracks on the rear glass. Display is perfect

I've never bothered with a trade in, they can be sticky enough for damage, you'll usually get a little bit more selling the phone privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Not much difference other than screen size, battery and fast charging speed between the S22 and S22+?

Due a new phone and it's about time I treated myself to a high end one, the Pixel has too many issues for me to make the jump.

I'm trying to pre-order the ultra now and it's coming up with an error when I'm trying to purchase through the site.

• Advertisement

Try the console on F12. I've usually seen CORs error in the network console which suggest a domain controller issue on their hosting provider.

Advertisement