Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S22 Launch Feb '22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

That's the colour I have . Its a nice black , kinda grey /black

I've had lots of types of cases . spigen , otterbox , etc etc and this if by the far the best .

The way it interacts with the phone is really clever .

Anyone looking for the samsung 45w charger , its on offer on Amazon now for a good price £19.50

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082SZYR3K?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=pepperugc03-21&ascsubtag=2344996024&th=1

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

anyone get a mail from the trade in side of things

got this today

This is a follow up notification to advise that your unit did not meet the standards for Samsung Trade-in.

Rang them as the phone was in mint condition , they are saying some of the pixels have burn in from use , there was nothing wrong with the screen and I defo would not send it samsung if there was, they are looking for 150 euro they can keep looking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

anyone issues with android auto not working? tried several cables and no joy. other phones working fine, seems s22 ultra may be the culprit. have tried now In two separate cars with AA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

What do you mean by not working? I got a new car recently and my Android Auto was really sluggish, but my wifes OnePlus worked fine. I updated the software on the car and that fixed it. Apparently it was a known issue with Hyundai/Kia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

connect cable to phone, AA tries to open on phone but closes, auto retries a few times and it gives up, error on the cars display then saying not supported. same issue on new Jeep and new chevy spark. tried disabling fast charging, trying usb debugging on/off and nothing worked

connect a Samsung m31 and works no issue

Think there was another poster back along with something similar

How did you get on with this in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

I am keeping an eye on Samsung store at the moment. They seem to have dropped prices in US for S22 range. Ultra is now $999 plus sales tx.

Let us know how you get on . I'd imagine they would have to prove there is an issue and it should have been obvious to your average punter . Sounds like an uphill battle for them

• Advertisement

will do, I ain't paying them , I would not have sent it back if I knew there were any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭brevity

Anyone having performance issues with the base S22?

Quite a lot of stuttering when switching apps...YouTube is sluggish too but that could just be the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭bromley52

How is the £12 case working out for you?

Also what screen protector did you get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Anyone know how to set the small cover screen up to be able to control music without having to unlock the phone each time? Even though I have Spotify playing on the screen it just says no music playing on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wandererz

The case is working out just great. Very tactile & grippy. Love the slide camera cover feature.

Screen protector is the LK Screen Protector .

I just placed it on tonight. You get two screen protectors in the pack together with an applicator kit.

This makes it the easiest screen protector i have ever installed.

It feels great, nice & smooth scrolling. Dare i say it feels better than the bare glass screen.

Only issue it that it doess seem to be a magnet for fingerprints/smudges.

Post edited by wandererz on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭KildareP

Sorry if asked before but the search on the new site is useless...

Considering an S22 ultra SIM free from Samsung direct.

Does WiFi Calling work on Vodafone or Eir with the generic Samsung firmware or does it need Vodafone/Eir's own firmware to be on the device?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,834 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wifi calling definitely works on GOMO . No changes required so it's down to your provider rather than Samsung. Once they configure your sim correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,409 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Anyone with the S22+ give me a review and how are they finding it. What case they go with? It seems from the review quite slippery

I'm moving from A70 sim free so I'm wavering between the Samsung trade in offer sim free or going with virgin media who I am on a sim only deal.

One question is the S22+ the dual sim model? My a70 is dual sim already.

Yes all the S22 models are dual sim in Ireland - 2 physical slots

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭feargantae

Lads im in a bit of a panic here. I'm after getting an email from Samsung to say they haven't received my old phone. I sent it in on the 21st of March. I sent them the certificate of posting that I got from An Post but I'm in a panic here cos apparently they can lock your new phone? I traded in my S9 for S21 last year without any issues, it was at the same An Post too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,834 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Contact an post. I've found their customer support folks to be very on the ball. Probably best I've dealt with in this country tbh.

I see Samsung are doing a Recycle your old device for upto €220 off. Can be Smartphone,Laptop or Tablet against S22. Device doesnt have to be working so i have a broken laptop that i can send back to them So got 15% Revolut discount, trade my old phone in for €180 and now will recycle old laptop for another €220.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Is this different from the Trade-in option? I'm fairly sure the device needs to be working to avail of that. Would you have a link to this offer you're talking about please?

Edit: Is this it? https://www.samsung.com/ie/trade-in/

How do I actually input my device to see how much I can get off? I don't see a link to that.

Its different. You have the trade in you can do at check out and that device must be woirking etc. This is different if you go to S22 in the shop you will see it. its upto €220 off a device that doesnt need to be working. For S22 it needs to be a phone tablet or laptop. You then need to claim it back as cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Has anyone ordered a new phone off Samsung.ie recently? Just wondering how long delivery took? TIA!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Keepitclean

Ordered a tablet from the site yesterday. Arrived today at 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'm pondering getting an S22 or S22+ if I can get a decent renewal with o2 UK. Only problem is I'm upgrading from an S20 5G that has more RAM, bigger battery and possibly a better screen than the S22. Would I be disappointed if I went for one? The battery would concern me the most.

I actually would have kept my current one a bit longer but a while back my USB headphones stopped working and my super fast charging is gone, so its now charging at the slowest speed. I don't think it's gonna last much longer before the port gives up altogether...

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

I got the s22+ at launch and the battery is just okay, get about 6 hours SOT. I honestly wouldn't risk the smaller battery in the standard S22 especially if planning to keep for 2 plus years.

Any recommendations for wireless chargers for the s22+, ordered it today

• Advertisement

Grr I'm pissed off. Dropped my s22 + and cracked the screen already. It's very slippery. Any recommendations on places to get it fixed. I'm in mayo and how much is a screen?

Advertisement