Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S22 Launch Feb '22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Is it worth buying one of these phones given the huge price tag?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If it was delivered are you sure your dropped it and it wasn't damaged in shipping 😉

Fonefix would be my normal goto for repairs as at least that keeps your warranty but might be a bit more expensive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It depends on what you want it for and what you are coming from.

If you're coming from a Nokia or non-smartphone, absolutely not far too much power

If you're coming from a flagship smartphone less than 2 years old and you aren't a power user, probably not, the upgrades probably aren't worth the cost. If you don't know if you're a power user or not, you aren't 😁

If you're coming from a non-flagship smartphone less than 2 years old, unless you are a very heavy user probably not worth the upgrade.

If you are a power user, by this I would define it as someone who uses their phone as a laptop/tablet replacement and want to swop between devices seamlessly, maybe use productivity tools like DeX a lot, maybe high-end mobile gaming, I would say probably worth the upgrade.

Personally, I get a new phone annually through work so it's a no-brainer for me, if I had to pay for it myself chances are I wouldn't bother upgrading annually, probably every second year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Swings and roundabouts. I upgraded to the S22U ultra from my note 10plus. My sole and primary reason was the camera upgrades . And for me that was worth it. The camera is fantastic on this. Outside of that I'm not seeing crazy performance differences because the note 10plus was a fantastic device and still is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

That didn't last long , wouldn't blame ya for being pissed off . Was it in a case at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I currently have a p20 pro which I've had 4 years and it's been a great phone but battery is now starting to drain quickly and I use the phone for everything except gaming.. I have no laptop etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Fonefix quotes 170 for a S22 + replacement that can't be right. I was quoted 350 from another place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Could depend on what parts they are using. Do Samsung have a registered phone repair company in Ireland? I assume, they would use genuine parts and also keep your warranty, though would definitely be more pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Uhar14

Fonefix are the Samsung repair partners. I broke the screen on my Tab S7+ last year and it was much cheaper through them (this was all arranged through samsung contact us chat)

If you dont live near a fonefix shop (think its in galway and dublin), If you go through samsung chat and they will arrange for the phone to be collected at your house and deliver it back to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Nice one, that's a reasonable enough price with the peace of mind of a genuine repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭banjobongo

hi guys

I bought an S22 a few days ago from a local Vodafone shop....quick query, I think I saw somewhere (maybe Vodafone website) that there was a special offer of a free subscription to Disney included, anybody know anything about this?

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

There should be Samsung Boost app on your device, you can redeem Disney + from there and other offers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Thanks Darren I will check that out - never heard of the app before!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

How are people finding the battery life of the standard S22?

I need an upgrade from my beloved Sony XZ1 Compact. Finally after many years there appears to be a few compact phones out, one being the S22.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭brevity

Anyone get this error:

The phone didn't get wet and I've cleaned out the port. Won't charge via the cable, wireless is fine.

The fix, apparently, is to turn off the phone, plug in the charger and switch the phone back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭brevity

The battery life is ****. My advice would be to get something to else.

The S22 is probably one of the worst "flagship" phones I have ever owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

I went for the Xiaomi 12x in the end. Better battery life, much faster charging and a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

How are people finding the battery life on the S22+ plus? I've been put off the standard S22 based on some of the previous comments but looking again at the plus version.

Thanks.

Yes and it's water. Turn it off give quick blast on the bottom with hair dryer. Leave to cool. Then turn on.

• Advertisement

I've the ultra it's great from my perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

That's great. So it lasts a full day with regular/normal use? Do you find the size OK in general? I'll be upgrading from an S20 FE so there's a relatively big size difference. Thanks!

Im coming from note 8 then note 10plus so very used to this scale. Anything smaller feels tiny now to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I've the ultra and find the battery excellent. Comfortably get the full day out of it. Don't find it too big. Was actually expecting it too be slightly bigger!!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

S22 is worst battery ever, am a fairly light user as work from home more and still less than 10% end of day, very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Dante

Not great tbh, I don't notice any significant improvement over my old S10+.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭wandererz

Battery life on the S22 Ultra isn't great at all.

Lucky to be getting a full day out of it.

What does make a difference though is its support for superfast charger. With a superfast charger around you can top it up quickly enough.

I got a pair of official Samsung ones on Amazon as a pack.

There is also something like this case (although Amazon does not ship batteries direct to IE any longer)

"NEWDERY Battery Case for Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, 10000mAh Charging Case Rechargeable Extended Charger Case, Portable Power Bank Backup Battery Charger for Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

I'm trying to redeem the disney+ offer. I have the discount code from the boost app but when i make the account it still asks me to enter bank details. Does anyone have a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

I think you need to enter the details, it doesn't take any payment. The idea is you forget to cancel after a year and they start billing you.

I've used the offer BTW, got working no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Has anyone got to the bottom of the charging issue on the s22 Ultra, I got the 45W+18W charger that was posted here from Amazon which is meant to support Super fast charging. I had the Huawei 40W charger but it was taking 2.5 hours to charge the S22U. Anyway, plugged it in and it now just says Fast charging (I have SFC activated) and it was taking 1.5 hours to charge. Do I need to the the official Samsung Charger block? My 3 year old Huawei P30 pro charged waay quicker.

Advertisement