Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S22 Launch Feb '22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

"Standard" S22: One thing that is bugging me is video lag. Anytime I'm playing videos on WhatsApp, Youtube, Twitter etc the sound/video is out of sync. Does this happen to anyone else? No issues on the optimisation front, I've reset/force closed apps, plenty of storage on the phone. Can't seem to find out what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Happening to me too and I think someone mentioned a few pages back too. It's come from the latest update. Annoying, but might just have to live with it until the next update is out.

Thanks. I logged it in Members app so waiting on a response too. Hopefully an update will sort it out. Delighted with the phone otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I'd the same issue up until yesterday and just restarted the phone and it's been fine all day today. Did seem to come from the latest update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭brevity

Have you turned off the Dolby Atmos setting? I find that increases the volume

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭masterboy123

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

The reset works temporarily, at least for me it did. Eventually the same problem reoccurs

Meanwhile, the fact we can take such photos on a phone leaves me speechless

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The photographs are amazing aren't they. I have my Google Photos set to back up in top quality, the amount of space being taken up was massive so well worth noting to drop the quality down if you don't want to use up your free allowance.

Thanks. That seemed to do the trick for the video lag - for now! Will keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Yeah your right. Back to the same problem with the lag this evening. Probably going to take the next update to fix it permanently

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PalaceMan

My problem was trying to redeem the offer on my S21.

Worked fine when using the S22 - doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Annoying audio issues only really noticing of late so unsure if it was always there or introduced with updates, but something will have to monitor.

Intermittent crackling and glitching when using Sony XM4s (WH and WF) regardless of quality of connection, NC etc. Samsung Buds have no such issues. Could argue perhaps updates are required, but both Sony's work perfectly fine on a Tab S8.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I use my XM4s daily and don't get intermittent breakup or cracking. One thing I did notice at one point was the Bluetooth range seemed to be a bit shorter as I got a bit of break up at a distance where I wouldn't normally expect it but I put that down to a colleague on an active call on his Bluetooth headphones between me and my phone at the time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've XM4's as well, swop between phone, tablet, watch and laptops haven't had an issue with any of the devices, the microphone is best on the 22 on calls for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Should add its only with local music playback, with higher bitrate formats, but they've never been an issue in the past with either Poweramp or Samsung's own music app on other devices, so no reason to expect otherwise with the S22, especially considering how the same hardware works fine on tablet with the same apps, and with the same audio files. Not to mention the Buds are fine. Likes of streaming YT Music etc do be fine.

A minor annoyance at this time i suppose, could be an app or storage streaming issue I suppose, so perhaps a fresh reinstall of said apps is the next step, seeing as how a cache clear didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭brevity

Is there a way that the icons will auto rearrange if you move an icon into a folder? There are loads of empty app icon spaces on my screen … I am not using the app drawer. All the apps are on my screen.

They go in alphabetically (if you have it turned on)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

My favourite part of the phone . I got a chance to use the camera a good bit over the weekend and it's amazing . The S20 was good but this is next level .

Does anyone else get the "S pen disconnected" notification? I am getting it at least once a day for the past week or so, it's very annoying, I remove it and put it back in but it still says it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

I have mine nearly 7 weeks and that has never happened once . Sounds like some kind of bug . I would start with a reset

Hasn't happened to me either and I've used multiple pens with it. I think I read something somewhere that some cases can interfere with the pens, especially cases with magnets in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Got my buds yesterday. I've got a Galaxy Tab as well as my Ultra and the buds appear to connect to it via my Ultra rather than directly pairing with the Tab via Bluetooth. Is that normal and does it make any difference? Never had Samsung buds before.

I was watching something on Netflix on the Tab on the way to work this morning and the sound and picture were a tiny bit out of sync but I'm not sure what would cause that.

Ah, that may explain it. I have the rokform case with a very strong magnet on the back of it. I can't use the S pen with the case on because of the magnet so suppose that may be affecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Don't like magnets on phones tbh. No on can convince me otherwise. Actively carrying around an active electrical disruptor on the rear. No good can come of that 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

I get a notification every day that my Watch 4 is not nearby... Its on my wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,284 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Got an email from Samsung earlier to say my trade in phone had black dots on the screen.

The phone was perfect when l sent it. No problem at all. They're now looking for €312.42 to complete my order!!!

They said there was an attachment photo in the email but it doesn't load.

Just wondering has anyone else had experience of something like this happening?

Advertisement