Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meta Quest 2 Referrals thread - Free €30 store credit

• 18-12-2021 1:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,310 ✭✭✭✭

*Mods, please delete if not approved*

To try and keep referral discussion out of the main Oculus Quest thread, I figured could keep it here.

What are referrals?

Quest owners can send potential buyers a referral link which if used will reward the buyer and referrer with €30 in store credit. The new owner gets theirs as soon as they set up the quest. The referrer gets their credit later. Each Owner gets 5 referrals a month.

How do referrals work?

NB. This can be done after buying the Quest as the purchase doesn't have to be completed through the link. Just be sure it's done before you set the headset up.

1. Both parties must be friends on facebook. So when requesting a link, you must be prepared to become friends with a stranger. You can unfriend them after the process is complete. (I'm not sure what happens if you unfriend them as soon as you get your credit but before the referrer gets theirs)
    2. The referrer can use the app, clicking the diamond in the top right, or log into the oculus website and navigate to the referrals there.
    3. Choose who you want to send the link to.
    4. Upon receiving the link the new owner will have to click it and proceed with the instructions.
    5. When you receive your headset, set it up as normal
    6. You'll receive a notification that the credit has been added to your account.

Who can I ask for a referral from?

Reach out to one of the people listed below. We will be working through the list so check the the thread to see who's next to be referrer. The list will be added to as we get more volunteers. Look for an updated list in the thread (As I can't update the post after 24 hours) and maybe a mod can update the OP on occasion.

The new buyer can reach out and then post if they were successful in contacting them.

Link to official page about referrals

Please note:

The Oculus Store credit (or any unused amount) automatically expires six (6) months after the activation date.

Thanks to jj880 for the below info for referrers getting their credit

Once someone accepts your referral link their facebook profile pic and name is added to the referral section of the oculus app. Under each person a 7 day countdown starts when they activate their headset. When the countdown finishes a "REDEEM" button appears and you get your credit once you press it.

Post edited by Mr E on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭jj880

Maybe link to: https://support.oculus.com/articles/orders-and-purchases/headsets-and-app-purchases/oculus-referrals/

And include in OP:

The Oculus Store credit (or any unused amount) automatically expires six (6) months after the activation date.

Dont bother adding me to the list. I got enough referrals in the main Quest thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,310 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thanks. If you change your mind I can add you.

Did you get any of your referral credit yet. Just wondering if it appears automatically or you have to redeem it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭raclle

My nephew is getting an Oculus Quest 2 for Xmas.

Can I partake in this as I'll be setting it up for him?

Yes I got some this week. Once someone accepts your referral link their facebook profile pic and name is added to the referral section of the oculus app. Under each person a 7 day countdown starts when they activate their headset. When the countdown finishes a "REDEEM" button appears and you get your credit once you press it.

The Quest requires a facebook account for now so if he's using your account then shouldn't be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

You will need to set the Oculus up now so you can start referring people yourself. Worth doing as you could have up to €150 store credit for him.

Can I be added to the list, please. Thanks

Post edited by Housefree on

Updated the OP with just the 2 names. And I checked now and can't edit anymore. So as I said, we can just keep track throughout the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

Thanks to housefree for the referral! Please add me to list of available referrees thanks

Okay. I'm waiting on a referral so cyborg will be next on the list.

Enjoy the new Quest and Merry Christmas to you all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I got one from jj880.

Can I be added to the referal.list please

Thanks

• Advertisement

Updated list

• Housefree
    • CaatorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

It anyone has a referral it’d be appreciated. One of the kids got one for Christmas.

It has already been set up but am I right in thinking if we factory reset we can get the referral credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭corvus4906

Just got my oculus so here's a referral link for anyone... https://www.oculus.com/s/1MSDOgB41xkEewo

feel free to DM me too if that's handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

may I ask for a ref link please?

Looking at the OP I think you need to PM whoever is next on the list. Thats @cyborg if he didn't get to refer @Mimikyu above or @deckie27 if cyborg did get to refer. Then you post in here who you got a referral from and that person is marked off on the referer list.

I didn't get to successfully refer @Mimikyu as he was unable to re-register after a factory reset, so @FobleAsNuck you can pm me for link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Just a heads up that you now have a year to use the credit you activated and they have done away with the 7 day countdown timer.

How do I share a referral link lads? I only get the option to send it to someone on facebook messenger.

How are ye getting the links?

Cheers.

I think in the US you can create a referral link and send to anyone but here it's still being done through the oculus app and facebook messenger.

Once you choose someone from your facebook friend list in the oculus app messenger autogenerates a message with the link.

At the same time the person receiving the referral appears in your oculus app in the referral section.

So for now we've been temporarily friending on facebook until the credit is received.

If anyone has managed to get round this please post and let us know how.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Could I be added to the referalls list I just picked it up yesterday a mate of mine had referred me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Thanks jj880! I'd like to be added to the referral list too now that I know how to do it! Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Going to buy an Oculus tomorrow. The first person to DM me with their FB URL, I'll friend you and add you as a referrer during setup.

First thing to do is facebook friend with the next person on the referrer list via boards PM. @cyborg did you successfully refer @FobleAsNuck?

I got no request from @FobleAsNuck so still have yet to refer anyone

Updated Referrer List

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880

@daveyjoe please facebook friend with cyborg via PM for a referral then we'll move to the next person on the list.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Bought it early this morning and ended up getting a buddy to refer me instead. Sorry about that.

No worries. Can I ask that next person looking for a referral PM cyborg. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭deadduck

picked one up today, so going to PM cyborg now. i've set up a completely barebones facebook account, i assume that's all i'll need

Deadduck successfully refered. Deckie27 next on list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

So who's getting a new toy soon. 🤠

Its all gone a bit quiet in here. There are plenty of facebook groups where you can offer to give referrals. I have gotten a few recently. We can refer UK accounts also.

Oculus app has been updated. Looks like we can create a referral link to be shared with anyone just like Quest 2 owners can in USA. I haven't tried this yet but Im thinking now we can skip the step where we need to be facebook friends to refer someone. If anyone has done this (or does this on their next referral) without facebook friending please let us know.

Screenshot of new referral section in oculus app:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KeefyRamone

I've tried this with one person in Ireland. You don't have to add me to fb, but not sure if it'll work outside of Ireland yet. I'll post my referral link here when Boards.ie let's me.

Updated Referrer List

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • KeefyRamone

@KeefyRamone Good to know we dont need to facebook friend anymore. I've added you to the list of referrers. It's been a bit quiet on the referrals the last while but hopefully it picks up this year when more people get a quest 2. Next person looking for a referral please PM deckie27 for a referral link before turning on your headset for the first time. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KeefyRamone

Ah, thanks so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Hi. Can I be added to the referral list please. I got my Q2 at xmas but only just thought of looking for a referral group here.

Updated Referrer List

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • KeefyRamone
    • copperspock

Next person looking for a referral please PM deckie27 for a referral link before turning on your headset for the first time. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

Please add me to the referral offered list please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

Thanks for the referral @deckie27 The €30 store credit came through nearly straight away!

Can you add me to the Referrer List, please?

Updated Referrer List

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • KeefyRamone
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n

Next person looking for a referral please PM WarZoneBrother for a referral link before turning on your headset for the first time. Post back here once the referral credit is successfully applied to let us know to move on to the next referrer. Thanks.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Horse_Boii

Please add me to the referral offered list please.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

I can imagine referral opportunities drying up a bit with the price increase. Maybe at Black Friday there'll be a better chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,881 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

How do the referral links work if you don't have Facebook now? Maybe I can get in on this finally 😁

Referral links created in the mobile app now go to the meta account creation/login page. When someone gets a referral from WarZoneBrother I'll update the referrer list.

Hopefully now comin up to Christmas we'll get some more. Last Black Friday there was 50 euro credit given with every purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Have just messaged WarZoneBrother for a referral link. Can I be added to the referrer list, please?

EDIT: ballsed up the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,881 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

oh thought I was gonna get on the list in the next revision? In post #44 :)

Updated Referrer List

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • KeefyRamone
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n
    • Horse_Boii
    • mrcheez
    • A2LUE42

Next person looking for a referral please PM Doge for a referral link before turning on your headset for the first time. Once the referral has been successfuly accepted please post back here to let us know. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Just bought an Oculus there so I'll PM Doge after this message. If I can be added to the list then please

Updated Referrer List

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • KeefyRamone
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n
    • Horse_Boii
    • mrcheez
    • A2LUE42
    • bungaro79

Next person looking for a referral please PM me (jj880) for a referral link before turning on your headset for the first time. Once the referral has been successfuly accepted please post back here to let us know. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement