Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

******* Motors Chat Thread *******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You have that car a long time. Did you get a price for all the work it is a bout to receive?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Dartz

I won't be paying for it. It's a short story but - it's getting done.

And I have it a long time because...... well, what else can you replace it with? It's pretty unique.

Looked up the price of them on Donedeal after this post just to see and like everything these days they are gone up in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Where are you getting the work done?

I'll be looking around soon for someone to start on the dc2 to bring the shell back from the dead, gonna cost a nice chunk to do I'd imagine.

It's a local mechanic/panel builder who'se near retirement - there's a few traded favours involved.

I've had patchwork done by Reactive Welding before and the quality was acceptable. Last time I was there there was some Alfa's, a VW Bus and a Citroen DS - but that was a whole ago. Someone brought an immaculate looking S2000 for work.

I'm not sure the value of my particular RX8 has gone up. It's gotten a fair bit rough. There're very few left mind - most are rotted now. I never see any one the roads anymore. Engine is solid, mind.

Didn't expect to have it for near ten years but here we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭User1998

They were like the latest gen Celica. A great way to get a fastish car but cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭User1998

The RX’8 usually needed a full engine rebuild at that price, but still😂

But they were still a cheap car even a healthy one like the celica 192. But they are not cheap now mind you both of them but are people paying them prices for them. I'd say no and they are just chancing their arm hoping someone forks out a decent sum for them.

I wouldn't mind - the engine's been the most reliable part on my car.

I did have to replace it. But that was caused by a sparkplug going for a spin around inside - and it still bloody ran and made good power in that condition.

The worst thing that happened to it was sitting up during Corvids - it's been a bit rough since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Anyone looking for a project? This Citroen BX is worth saving for the number plate alone! 😆😆 (yes, I am 12 years old)

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/33192088

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭passatman86

@hoodie6029 am i reading "B00B" on the number plate 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭ofcork

First time ever using breakdown assistance on car insurance today came back to car wouldn't start only waiting about half hour, guy said battery gone original 11 years old but didn't give any signs of going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

Can try charging /reconditioning the battery if you know someone with a charger.

But at that age, probably time for a new one.

Jesus, they have to covert them to right hand drive. Sorry it's a bookface link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Spare tyre pressure is way off it should be 60psi but it's only about 20psi but the tyre seems well pumped to me

Gage is accurate enough on the main tyres which are 30psi

Presume it needs a load more air ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Lucky, I called them for the first time in my life last year

had to go through 6/7 press A, select 1,

etc etc

i lost the nut to release the anti theft lug nut🙈

pitch black,

raining - got the puncture in Friday traffic in Wilton Cork-

no sign of any help coming after 2 hrs-

out if frustration I fucked everything out of the boot ( again)

guess what I found 😊

reckon I’d still have been at the side of the road waiting for the recovery ppl if I hadn’t sorted it-

bit of a cod methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭ofcork

Went to halfords as only place open at that time 151 for the battery and 18 to fit it.

Pity the mods deleted that zombie thread that someone dig up. 22 years old, it got no reply back then.

Genuinely wanted to know what kind of archaeology the poster was doing to find that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Hey everyone,

Can anyone tell me how long the Eflow website is being worked on? My car went through the M50 toll on Tuesday twice and never thought to pay the toll! D'oh! It says on the Eflow website that they will be lenient with future payments, but I'm not sure how long the website is out of use for? Can anyone advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭passatman86

Probably a stupid question but can you not just pay in a petrol station. I've been a day late and paid in a shop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

I have paid over the phone in the past when I had an issue with the website might be worth trying.

Site is up for me. You’ll either have to ring them now or wait for the letter in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Phone up and open a video account.

No standing charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Quick rant to went off.

Gosh is AXA just a random bunch of people or what? Always have to call them twice to confirm changes in claim. They dont respond for emails even thou during call they would confirm receiving it. Last week I did settle for buyback option, new week starts and again had to call them to again confirm what I've already did before. Gonna be funny if nothing changes till the end of week.

So if you want cheap insurance AXA is great until you try to claim.

Can you to a different test centre for nct retest ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yes. These days you may have to cause of there being so few slots.

Thanks are the gards generally strict if you're a few weeks out and have retest booked , suppose it depends who you meet ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Generally but that doesn't guarantee anything. If its from a Fail Dangerous I would be carrying receipts for the work and still not that sure about it.

Advertisement