Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

******* Motors Chat Thread *******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Didn't even budge with boiling water. Trip to the motor factors tomoz.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭warrior00

My first time testing one of them and seeing it pop was pretty cool or so I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

And Detroit

• Registered Users Posts: 28,676 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Fair bit of driving done today and the takeaway was the amount of muppets out there driving along in heavy rain with no lights or front DRLs only is beyond ridiculous. Not just cars either - vans, buses and truck drivers as well.

Flash them and they look at you with a dopey confused expression when you pass them. If you can't figure out the basic controls on your vehicle you shouldn't be on the bloody road!

Additionally rules around DRLs should be altered to ensure that rear lights are lit as well. The way most cars are setup you end up with idiots driving around in the dark with no rear lights.

Irritant 2 was the regular amount of Cork drivers who don't know what a bloody indicator is! I don't know if it's something in the water down there but it's always stands out. This includes the clown in a double decker Bus Eireann bus just making turns randomly around 6pm this evening by the fire/Garda station in the city and expecting everyone else to just figure it out for themselves... Drives me crazy every time I'm down that way!

Rant over! 🥵

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

For anyone interested in the fate of the Wheeler Dealers cars, this guy on YouTube is trying to track them down. Came up in my suggestions yesterday.

I know a BMW head (forget the username) on this forum appeared on the show and bought the 840i but then sold it on.

Spoiler alert: he’s going from the very start of the series and it’s no surprise that cars that were tired and high mileage 20 years ago are no longer around. The 205 GTI and Golf GTI may have survived though.

Cui bono?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I'd love to know if the RHD Delta Integrale survived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭passatman86

@Titzon Toast hope you went down to open a credit union account ha ha.

great to see honda working on a new prelude concept

• Advertisement

If it does become a reality you'd be better off robbing the credit union as the standard Civic hybrid is nearly 50 grand so a sporty hybrid car will cost more.

Far too rich for my blood. If I had that type of dosh I'd buy two or three nice older yokes instead!

From a Twitter that publishes random opinions that people submit to it.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Luna84

I'm not going to link the ad but yesterday I seen an ad for a car 2 grand more than retail. Car is a year old with 9000 kms done. I message him asking why he is selling it for more than retail and said he paid 2 grand for delivery and related fees(which I knew about when you buy a car).

I left the messages at that but in my head you do not sell a car a year old for the exact price you paid for it brand new a year ago.

Isn't he off his head?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Well, it's not that simple. In that very case you're actually paying for instant delivery. Say you take your money to dealers and ask for a new car. NOW. No way - collect your car in 3 months, sometimes 6, sometimes even more. :-)

Blame short supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Not necessarily off his head.

The thing is he has a car for sale and you want to buy one.

Maybe he's chancing his arm starting high.

Perhaps make him an offer and see where it goes.

Is the model something special or is his car loaded with extras ?

I just seen an ad that specified timing belt done in 2001. I sincerely hope that was a typo. He wrote 2001 twice in the ad as he said brakes were done then too. How can you make a mistake twice in a small description. As he didn't write much stuff. I would proof read an ad if I was selling a car. Yes, I know I can make mistakes on here as I would be typing quickly but if I was selling a car I would look at my ad either later after I posted the ad or even the next day just to see the number of visits and would see that I made a mistake in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

It's. 2004 , he must have left a 2 out 2021

• Advertisement

Yes, I'm the dumbass. I didn't even look at the year of the car. Obviously meant to say 2021 as above is mentioned. Not a bad car all the same those ST170's. Rare car these days. They are not fast but are quick.

I also seen this i20N it's hardly a N.Ireland import is it? It also says 250 when they are actually 200HP.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-i20n-2023/35984552

For such a new car you would wonder how it had two owners already and both sold it so quickly after buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,005 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Seen a guy locally today at 3 different times in a Transit, and he was on his phone all 3 times. Not trying to hide it, up against the ear, kinda lying over to the side of the window too, relaxing!

Anyway, got me thinking about using phones whilst driving. I know in crash investigation, they check to see if your phone was active at the time.

However, if they find it was, can they tell the difference between it being held at your ear, or if it was being used through the Bluetooth on your car stereo? Would hardly be fair if you are in an accident and were talking on the Bluetooth, and they try to say you were using your phone at the time.

Could have very serious implications.

I was just browsing through cars on DoneDeal and a thought came back to me from a Irish, UK based YouTuber who is a mobile mechanic(O'Reily Auto's) but anyway he was working on a car that was three years old that was having problems. Turns out the car was never serviced customer kept saying it's a new car it didn't need to be serviced. Madness, I'm still laughing here while I think about it.

To salesman at the dealer ‘and don’t try to be upselling me that service package either. I know all your tricks’

Cui bono?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They can't. they also can't tell if data usage was a background app or someone using a messaging app without getting ISP level logs that may not exist.

Rare RHD Mercedes 600 on ZV plates somewhere in Ireland

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Dartz

Exhaust blew off the RX8.

Fitted a new single pipe. Some sound off it now.

I have yet to figure out what could possibly replace it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

One of the famous Foci passed me today: 171-LS-1.

Advertisement