Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/22 FPL Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭remoteboy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Feels very very template but I like it.

Almost tempted to downgrade Coufal and keep more ITB, other option is Benrahma in or go 4 5 1, but that feels a step too far

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭andyduefrine

looking for some feedback on the above team.... this will be a set and forget GW1 Team, so a team for the season. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

If it’s set and forget for the season I’d go for Jimenez over Antonio.

A) Benrahma & Ings & 1 million

or

B) Greenwood & Wilson

Assuming Greenwood will play the first 3 or 4 games with Rashford injured and Cavani missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ninja Avenger

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Pictured on the bench with his arm in a sling after some odd impact injury. The fact he wasn't taken straight for an x-ray indicates it might not be too long term

He was granted extended leave to stay in South America after the copa america for family reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

schmeichael

tsmikas shaw white stones

salah son mahrez jota

DCL lacazette

Foster toney ayling bissouma or brownhill

not sure on DCL injury, mahrez n jota rotatiin riska, tsmikas only over toney while there is a chance he'll play the first few weeks.

Other consideration is toney to a 4.5m, concentrate on the 11 starters early and wildcard wk 4-5

surely white will start given the transfer fee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Sanchez

TAA - Shaw - Tsmikas

Salah - Son - Raphinia - Mahrez

Ings - Toney - Antonio

Subs: Steele, Smith-Rowe, Ayling, White

I'm happy enough with this, but will no doubt end up changing it again. Not entirely happy about not having Fernandes, that's pretty much my only reservation at the moment. Solid enough bench. Not sure if it's needed, but can sort that out on wildcard if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I think I like having Smith Rowe for bench cover if you're going with Mahrez. Are you holding onto him for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Against my better judgement, I want to have at a decent back up midfielder who I'm not moaning about having to play if needed. This will probably end up me getting a few annoying bench points, but I did the opposite at the start of last season and it fucked me. So I'll keep him until wildcard and assess from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DennyPa

First time posting, looking for feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I like that team. Yes, no Fernandes, but just seems more balanced. I’m seriously toying with the idea of leaving him out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

I look forward to drawing you in the cup when you have only 5 fit players, but still trounce me.

Dallas is out of position in the wrong way this season. I think Emile Smith Rowe is the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭F1fan

Looking for feedback please. Keep going around in circles with this one. Not too many going for Schmeichel or Jorginho, and I am unsure about having Mane and Bruno, but am starting to panic and just wanted to get started with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

You'll only have 3 playing defenders when Vestegard is ready to take Amarteys place. (And 2 when Robbo is back)

You could drop Hojberg to a 4.5 and bump Dallas to Benrahma maybe?

You could drop Vardy to Antonio if you need to find funds to improve your defense

I like the Zaha shout and I'll be grabbing him a couple of game weeks as well

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What you guys think of the below

Sanchez

Digne Shaw Tsimikas

Raphinha Bruno Salah Havertz

Ings Martial Toney

Subs : Steele , Sarr, White , Omobamidele

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Rotating keepers.

TAA + Dias + 1 of White/Ayling/Lowton

Salah/Bruno/Zaha/Bowen, Gilmour benched.

Front 3 looks light though.

I usually WC over the international break as I invariably make a mess of it. :pac:(#BringbackPac).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thoughts on the above?

Icould upgrade the Keeper to Ederson off the bat with the spare funds?

Once Robertson is back I'd probably move Tsimikas out but he's decent value at 4m. Hopefully Lampty has a good start to the season again. Maybe the defense isn't going to get many clean sheet points though.

Glimor is the midfield backup but he has something about him and I could see him being an important player for Norwich this season. Alternatively I could go Cantwell for 1m more?

I'm taking a bit of a gamble that Kieta starts the first few games for Liverpool which will hopefully result in a few assists.

The 6m in the bank is then to either to upgrade him to someone like Raphina for 1m, Grealish for 3m or Son for 5m.

Then up front I think Rafa will get a lot of Richy, especially with the DCL injury. Ings could be upgraded to Werner who I think will do very well this season beside Lukaku. Or just go Lukaku himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Very good team & structure. Will serve well over the season.

I like but I’m going for a fast start (concentrating on early fixtures).

Is Chris Wood available the weekend?

i think you need a United defender. Is Dias worth 6mil to start off with. Traditionally City don’t start off defensively sound as team is still ever changing

Thanks.

I took Wood out a while ago because of the Olympics, was tinkering for ages and needed a 7m striker, thought, ok, Wood will do.

Dias will play every minute*, but may have to go 5.5 def and upgrade wood to 7.5.

*Bar injury or title is wrapped up.

was looking v good until I hit Bowen.

we can’t all own the same players so at least nice to see something different and I like the price points but I’d be looking to alternatives to -

Zaha (at least early on as only 1 good fixtures in first 5 games),

Bowen (would prefer Raphinha at that price and West Ham now playing in Europe)

Wood - not sure for who

your defence is 100% the pro way to play it. Gives 2 good weekly 1st and 2nd subs too. That’s quality. I believe Leeds rotate well with Arsenal and Brighton so Lowton could be moved to a Brighton defender for that rotation. I know it’s then double Brighton but who cares ?

for clean sheets I’d rather go with a nailed Chelsea CB at 5.5m, over Dias, if there is one.

nice price balance though.

I certainly wouldn’t be going nuts and changing loads from where you’re at now.

edit - Wellbeck would have been a good option/punt for Wood and 1m saved but he’s obviously injured which would have me looking at Maupay. I think he’s a quality player and HAS to score more goals than last year surely ? He had so many good chances. I think he could have a great season.

I dropped the ball on Wood alright.

Brought in Richarlison, Dias had to pay for it though.

Brought in Shaw, Chelsea have 4 really tough fixtures in opening 6, will review then as Utds fixtures take a turn too.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Preseason form over fixtures and large pricetag FOMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Gonna have fun this year. £8.5m for upgrades when we see whats what. Should be all starters and fresh from a break of no Summer football bar keeper.

You must be fairly confident of Richarlison playing this weekend.

if so he’d be right on it having played in the Olympic final last Saturday (if ive got that right) and Southampton could be about to sell their best CB and look a weak team anyway. Everton fans there too. Could be a great GW 1 differential.

Everton allowed Richarlison to play over the summer(WC qualifiers/Copa/Olympics) on the understanding he came back ready to go GW1.

If DCL is passed fit then Richarlison may be rested, I'll keep an eye out for Benitezs' presser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Thoughts?

3 mill in the bank

Conflicted with Dias or Concelo, on Concelo for now

Iv been switching between Antonio/DCL or Lacazette

On Antonio for now

Advertisement