Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/22 FPL Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭bodking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

For a moment there I thought you were referring to Shaw as the white version of Amartey! 🤦‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Very solid picks all round there. I had a similar draft but decided to go more aggressive for the first few weeks as I usually wildcard early.

Only suggestion I have is I’d change Barnes for Raphinha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Sanchez/Bachman

Targett/James/Dias/Shaw/Coufal

Gilmour/Raphina/Salah/Greenwood/Son

Ihenacho/Ings/Antonio

I have gone with what I think gives a good 15 to rotate.

Gilmour might not be picked much by me but he is a 4.5 starter.

I will play with 5 at the back a good bit

James an attacking full back for a team who don't concede many

Shaw is the same as above

Dias is the most likely starter for City

Targett and Coufal have nice early fixtures

Son should start up front

I think Greenwood will start up front in the early games

Salah is a must have

Raphina should score and assist plenty

Antonio is flying in pre season

Ings should score plenty

Ihenacho might get rotated but should score plenty

The biggest concern I have is the strikers with two injury prone and one who could be rotated so I might change those

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Have changed it up again, with a view to playing 3-5-2. 0.5 ITB to allow for any price changes in GW1.

Schmeichel can easily become Martinez, but I'd prefer to keep to a 5.0 if possible. Schmeichel & Sanchez rotate quite well for the first 9 or so GWs.

I'm still undecided about Harvey Barnes and he still may need time to get up to speed. Looking at Torres perhaps. He may play up front for City.

Benrahama feels a bit punty so not sure whether to upgrade him & downgrade Toney and see how Toney fairs out before having him in the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Changed the team up, everyone seemed to be going with the same players and some injuries caused me to change a few bits to a more differential team, still on the fence about bowen, tempted to keep Dele Alli in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Close to final draft.

3 4.0 defenders but I think they’ll all play till the international break.

Ihaenacho may turn into Toney before Friday. I’m a little concerned about his minutes and don’t like having a headache choosing who to bench.

Longer term, that position may downgrade to upgrade the defence. I suspect one of Wilson/Antonio will break down within a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Close to final team.

Sanchez (Steele) - 2 Brighton goalies, fairly template I imagine but best of the 4.5 IMO.

TAA, Tsimikas, Amartey (White, Ayling) - TAA is essential IMO, Tsimikas 4.0 is too good not to have for the opening weeks. Amartey a 4.0 who should start with decent fixtures. White/Ayling are grand 4.5's to sub in over the coming weeks.

Salah, Bruno, Greenwood, Mahrez (Brownhill) - Salah again essential for the start of the season IMO. Bruno I'm not sold on but he'll have high ownership and 'safer' option is to keep him, lots of money to swap for someone else who starts well. Greenwood should start the season up front and with nice opening fixtures, could be good. In time, will swap to Jota after removing Tsimikas. Mahrez is a punt but I want City cover for the start and feel he could be great value as most likely will start (unless Pep overthinks it and starts him in goal), Brownhill the supposed best 4.5 option (maybe Gilmour instead?)

Nacho, Antonio, Toney - Nacho scored at the weekend, continuing the form he finished off with last season. Think he'll get goals again and priced nicely. Antonio, when he's fit, he's gold, WHU have a nice opening 4 fixtures. Toney I'm a bit iffy on, never normally like going for promoted players but he's a goalscorer at a nice price. They could surprise Arsenal on Friday.

Any thoughts or feedback very welcome.

Afterthoughts: No Villa, would like Buendia but injury concerns have steered me away from him. Ings too but feel himself and Watkins will share points, will keep an eye.

No Chelsea, Tuchel screwed me over ALOT last season so will wait and see with Lukaku, could be a beast.

Son could be value but struggling to fit all in.

Will get Raphinha in eventually, don't want to bench him first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Iheanacho is not a definite starter. He only got a pen at 71 because Vardy was off the pitch. Richarlison is not likely to start either for a small while due to his international exertions with Brazil. Besides that it looks grand.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

GK: Sanchez (Begovic)

DEF: TAA, Shaw, White (Tsimikas and Amartery)

MID: Bruno, Salah, Smith Rowe, Son (Gilmour)

ST: Watkins, Toney, Wilson

Son v City on opening day will be famine or a feast I think.

Is there big chance Ihenacho won't start for Leicester? They have some nice options now with Daka and Vardy too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Not too worried about Ihneacho was only the Shield, i'll take the risk on him playing on opening day. Richarlison is my only worry, might change him up for Wilson yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Jota would be a no brainer at 7.5m but there are no guarantees with him, Klopp loves Bobby Firmino. Jota is a real impact sub aswell, something Firmino isn't. Liverpool will concede also but TAA is a must have, capable of scoring and assisting .

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

Will Grealish not play the first game? Or is he due more rest because of late international duty finish euro finals etc?

I'll probably change a few positions I'm not 100% on but any advice on something I may have missed (The Grealish question) I just think he's an absolutely fantastic player and makes things happen. With KDB out he'll be their main form of creativity add the fact they haven't a recognized striker yet, could bag a few 2.

Sanchez / Foster

TAA / Dias / Shaw / White / Manquillo

Salah / Grealish / Fernandez / Raphina / Smith Rowe

Antonio / Toney / Barnes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Armstrong gone to Southampton, he'll be a great option, scored a mountain of goals last season but unlikely he'll be ready for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Think I finally have a draft I'm happy with

Sanchez Steele

TAA Shaw Tierney Reguilon Tsimikas

Salah Bruno Gundog Buendia Benrahma

Ings Antonio Obafemi

Will pay 352, Tierneys and Reguilons fixtures dovetail well the first few weeks. If Buendia is out the first week might change to Raphinha. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Obafemi is rumoured to be leaving Southampton. Is moving him out for another 4.5 fodder worth a transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Yeah I heard that, I'll probably change him to another 4.5m striker but none of them are likely to get any minutes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Arghhh, can’t decide between Wilson or Greenwood. What do ye think?

Sanchez (Foster)

TAA Shaw Digne (White) (Amartey)

Salah Mane Raphina Benrahma Greenwood*

Antonio Ings (4.5)

*Greenwood can become 4.5 and third striker becomes Wilson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Is barnes worth the 0.5m over Raphina?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Looks good but tricky benching options each week. All 3 strikers have the potential to score against most teams

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Only one suggestion - refrain from using the term 'dovetail' in future. 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is Greenwood a guaranteed starter I wonder? I'd have him over Wilson but gametime is my only concern

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

First draft

Will be tricky alright but I was going through the GWs and I think there is an option to play 2 & bench 1 without too many headaches. Subject to form of course. Also, there is the injury worry hanging over both Antonio & Ings, so I should be able to absorb a 1 week injury without needing a hit in a panic.

GW1: Start: Ings v wat Antonio v new Bench: Toney v ARS

GW2: Start: Ings v NEW Toney v cry Bench: Antonio v LEI

GW3: Start: Ings v BRE Antonio v CRY Bench: Toney v avl

GW4: Start: Antonio v sou Toney v BHA Bench: Ings v che

GW5: Start: Ings v EVE Toney v wol Bench: Antonio v MUN

GW6: Start: Ings v mun Antonio v lee Bench: Toney v LIV

GW7: Start: Antonio v BRE Toney v whu Bench: Ings v tot

GW8: Start: Ings v WOL Antonio v eve Bench: Toney v CHE

GW9: Start: Ings v ars Toney v LEI Bench: Antonio v TOT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

He'll definitely start GW1 anyway. Sancho Cavani out, Rashford injured, Lingaard has Covid.

Might chance him till he gets dropped

Cavani won't start the season, and either will Rashford. Martial has fitness issues and I don't think Sancho is fully up to speed yet, but both will probably still start. I don't think Lingard will play. Greenwood has the best fitness and probably has to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What's Martial's issue? Was thinking of starting with him with the rest of them struggling

• Advertisement

From what I can see, he has only played 45 mins of pre-season, coming back from an injury at the end of last season. So there's no real guarantee that he would last more than 60 mins yet. Now maybe he is getting the fitness work in behind the scenes, but there's no evidence of him lasting longer yet.

Advertisement