Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/22 FPL Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Currently on the below with 1m itb. Really struggling to pick GK's this year, tempted to upgrade to DDG. Might also change to Sanchez and upgrade Veltman to Coufal

Raya/Foster

TAA/Shaw/Tsiimikas/Ayling/Veltman

Salah/Bruno/Barnes/Raphinia/Brownhill

Antonio/Ings/Toney

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭FantasyFool

Currently sitting on this effort. Would appreciate any feedback:

Sanchez (Steele)

Digne TAA Ritchie (Tsimikas Omobamidele)

Salah Greenwood Son Havertz (Gilmour)

Wood Ings Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

First real draft, next to zero research done this year. 24 hours to get my act together but kinda happy with this for now.

I could/should go Havertz to Mount to free up a defensive upgrade?

Any suggestions more than welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,396 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Johnny Evans is targeting a comeback in GW4, along with Vestegaard's impending transfer should mean that the minutes of Amartey should be greatly reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What the code to join the boards league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Think I might be going mad, but I fancy Leeds to score this weekend, hence Shaw on the bench over Rüdiger. This could easily change several times up to deadline. I also fancy Kai to perform after a middling Super Cup final, especially now that Lukaku is definitely unavailable this weekend.

After that, the only dilemma I have left is Mahrez or Barnes? Advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Currently on:

Sanchez - Bachmann

Taa - Tsimakas - Shaw - White - Ayling

Salah - Son - Greenwood - Barnes - Brownhill

Ings - Antonio - DCL

0.0 ITB

Obviously have a question over DCL and it feels quite templatey even if I haven't really been paying attention much yet. That's not a bad thing, it's about picking the best team to begin with, the only smart thing to do atm is pick the players you expect to score well... am I even Mr.P anymore??? 😂

Son + DCL could look differently soon, along with other slight variations I guess? Wouldn't mind 0.5ITB either

• Registered Users Posts: 15,396 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Lukaku not available for GW1.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

Who's preseason form has impressed you as a matter of interest? I've switched off since the Euros, especially with the Olympics on, so haven't been keeping track.

As a Liverpool fan, I think Klopp has the team in a good place to start well. Away for almost a month together in camp. Very few Liverpool players played any real minutes at the Euros, Copa or Olympics. So should be raring to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Considering you have 3m in the bank thats a decent team that still has Salah and Bruno as good captaincy options. The 3m will allow you to get to Kane or Lukaku if necessary.

Zaha though can be a frustrating player to own. It seems like it is a feast or a famine with him. I did read he is supposed to have had a good preseason but that aside Palace have some tough opening fixtures under a new manager so its anyones guess as to how it will pan out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If you're going 5.0m for a keeper consider Meslier over DDG. For one he is more nailed on but also Leeds defence tighened up a lot in the second half of last season and he kept a fair few clean sheets. He hit 153 points last season but that included Leeds conceeding goals heavily in the first half of the season (4 to Liverpool, 6 to United, etc). If Leeds defence stays tight then I reckon he can hit 170ish points this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Looking at this for the moment - as with any season a lot of variables but think this has solid potential for the first 3/4 gws where I can reassess and likely WC - heavy on Liverpool + United and no Chelsea/City but I’m happy with that balance till gw 3/4 at least- always like Greenwood/ Barnes when they play and plenty of potential value in the forward line I think. Plenty of scope for change between now and the deadline tho as with any gw1 team.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Podge10

What do you guys reckon. White and Grealish, or Stones and Barnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Not sure if it's a good thing or not but my first draft is almost the same as you! Mahrez & Toney for Barnes & DCL!

I think too many are ignoring City and hoping that Mahrez will be a regular for the first few weeks at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Some great looking teams on here and so many be binned after first week, thinking Liverpool and city will come out flying so happy with this lot think I'm done even with no Fernandez for the first few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭KurtBarlow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

My latest offering. Tear it to shreds!

Sanchez, Steele

TAA, Shaw, Coufal, Tsimikas (White)

Salah, Fernandes, Gundogan (Raphinha, Gilmour)

Antonio, Ings, Toney

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

Hard call. All four players are good picks I think. I have White, Grealish and Barnes at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭54and56

Also looking but can't find any league codes. Is there a sticky somewhere with open/public Boards related league codes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

hoping to bring in lukaku after a week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Are people not off havertz after last night? I did have him as a short term punt but I'd have doubts over him starting now so I'm going without.

Sanchez

Taa tsimikas shaw

Benrahma Bruno salah pepe/gundogan Barnes

Antonio ings

Sanchez coufal white obafemi

Not sure on planning transfers but I do like pepe for this week and gundog looks an easy switch with kdb not expected back for gw2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Alot of biased in what I have followed but ziyech was flying by all means but he will be out for a while now I presume? Raphina has been getting very strong reports as has benrahma and Antonio. West ham went back earlier than nearly everyone afaik so could be a bit further ahead to start

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Kinda realising I'm gonna want Kane fairly soon if he moves to City so picking a 3 week team basically. I've gone off BB GW1 in favour of a potential BB GW2! Nicer fixtures (City V NOR and Liverpool V BUR is 33% of my team) and a week to see who's starting. Biggest problem at the moment is that I want Torres if Kane hasn't landed, so he'll become a problem if the Kane move goes through. So basically a fairly template core, with a nicer set of BB punts.

Martinez - Sanchez

TAA - Tsimikas - Shaw - Stones - Digne

Salah - Greenwood - Torres - Harrison - Barnes

Antonio - Ings - Toney

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Quite hard to judge pre-season form this year but i guess i more meant players that have started majority of matches pre-season. Its been a long 18 months for most and I'm leaning towards players at tthe start who werent involved at all in summer tournamnts on the back of the last season and a half. Like even players travelling and constantly training if not starting (eg Firmino/Henderson in Liverpools case) must be wrecked and injury/rotation risks. I guess the first 3 GWs will tell a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is Greenwood nailed?

Down to the wire between himself and Gundog....already have Bruno and not sure about the double up tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Nobodys nailed, but Rashford, Martial and Cavani are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I heavily considered Mahrez, but he's 100% a trap BUT I'm not sure if the trap is owning him or not owning him 😂 My point being, Pep being Pep and not playing him despite doing so throughout preseason... 9 seems too much to gamble on that, for the benefit of my poor brain if nothing else!

Lukaku will be interesting, especially in how the rest of the team is setup? If the pressure is off Werner then maybe it'll help him out? Plus the change in the offside law? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nats9314

Sanchez Meslier

Bertrand Shaw Tmiskas White Targett

Salah Fernandez Benramha Raphinha Brownhill

Vardy Toney Ings

Any thoughts?? Nowt in the bank..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Early punt on Grealish at a million cheaper maybe if you are looking for a bit of fun?

Think everyone else is waiting to see him play a couple games before bringing him in at least

Advertisement