Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/22 FPL Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Why are people so sure Sancho wont start saturday? Did i miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Would you go with Raphina and Toney, or Spacecraft and Iheanacho?

Not sure why I've ended up with that obscure conundrum but these things happen :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I wouldn't be fond of either duo, but would 100% go with Raphina and Toney

Only a madman would consider the latter over the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cheers...trying to inject some element of differential into my squad but on mature reflection I'll play it safe until a probable early Wildcard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Latest draft. Benrahma, Antonio, Wilson, Barnes and Mbuemo all on my radar aswell. Decisions decisions.

Any feedback appreciated! :)

Post edited by Cheese Wagstaff on

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Sanchez Steele

Shaw TAA Tsimikas White Manquillo

Salah, Zaha, Grealish, Smith Rowe, Gilmor

Kane, Ings, Antonio

Latest draft, think I am quiet happy with it.

Depending on Lukaku price I may change him for Kane and upgrade Zaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

^^^ Will Kane play this weekend, if not that's a right pain,

Grealish/Smith Rowe may have rotation issues, not sure if spending 8m is wise on a player that is going to be in/out of a team over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Right I'm settled and happy with this.

Sanchez (Steele) - Brighton GK's, cheap, hopefully do okay.

Tsimikas, TAA, Rudiger (White, Amartey) - Tsimikas at 4.0 is too good to turn down. TAA should have a big season. Rudiger for the high potential Chelsea CS this weekend, may keep for Arsenal the following week and swap out for Shaw in GW3. White/Amartey are grand, cheap defenders.

Salah, Bruno, Mahrez, Benrahma (Gilmour) - Salah the obvious (C) choice. Bruno is Bruno. Mahrez should start the season and focal to City's attack. Bit of a punt but feels safer over Grealish. Benrahma is a differential with a good pre season and decent fixtures.

Toney, Ings, Antonio - Have a feeling Brentford will turn Arsenal over on Friday, Toney in front of a home crowd, first PL game. FOMO not having him, easy swap out if he doesn't start well. Ings, proven PL goalscorer in a good side, wary of him and Watkins sharing points but confident at that price. Interesting to see if he is on pens. Antonio when fit is a great FPL option. Nice fixtures too.

Any feedback appreciated!

Manquillo won't get minutes I don't think as a 4.0 option. Would you go for Tsimikas or Amartey? Better chance to get minutes.

I like the Zaha punt. Kane is a punt too, not sure he will start tbh, rumours it'll be Son up front. Lot of money for a player not to get minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What do you consider the "easy swap out" if Toney flops?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Manquillo will me 3rd sub so not too worried if he doesn't start. I can get rid after week 1 or 2.

Kane is a worry I will make that call Friday about 10mins before the deadline lol

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭al87987

Any thoughts? Dele Alli is a gamble but I think he might start under Nuno and if he can get back to anywhere near where he was then he's a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

I was very close to getting Dele Alli in but im gonna see how he plays against city first

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭al87987

Yeah I can see that, I'm not gonna judge him too harshly against City though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Heh :)

But if Iheanacho plays he would outscore Toney, and it's a question of what time period we're discussing, cos Spacecraft could start quicker than Raphinha... but obviously not long-term

I like Townsend myself and think he’ll prove to be a very good signing for them but Iheanacho is not guaranteed to start so that’s what made the decision easy.

Plan would be to move him on for a 4.5 fodder and upgrade Gilmour to someone like Raphinha/Buendia.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jack the snipe

What's people's thoughts on Fabainski? Would he be a guaranteed starter now that west ham have also got Areola?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Martial himself has spoken about his fitness issues now also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Still 2 days to go and I keep flip flopping. The logical thing is to include Bruno which gives:

Sanchez/Steele

TAA, Shaw, White. Tsimikas, Amartey

Salah, Fernandes, Mahrez, Harrison, Gilmour

Antonio, Ings, Toney

However, if I was to be brave (stupid?) and leave Bruno out my team would be:

Sanchez/Steele

TAA, Shaw, White. Tsimikas, Amartey

Salah, Son, Mahrez, Barnes, Gilmour

Antonio, Ings, Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sweating over Kane now. I am happy to keep him in reserve till his future is confirmed, but want to hit the ground running. Starting Iheanacho and Toney up front in a 4-4-effing-2, but I genuinely can't see any higher priced alternative to bring in short-term.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Going to play 5 at the back, only one premium forward in Salah but I will captain him most weeks.

Sanchez/Bachmann

James/TAA/Dias/Shaw/Coufal

Mount/Gilmour/Raphinha/Salah/Greenwood

Ihenacho/Ings/Antonio

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Any love for Traore?

Villa have 3 nice games to start, he had 7 goals and 7 assists in 2315 mins last season.

Can see him having even more of an impact with Grealish gone. Seems an ok option at 6mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Sanchez (Begovic)

TAA Shaw White Tsimkas Amartey

Salah Bruno Townsend Rapinha Gilmour

Ings Antonio Toney

3m in bank for Lukaku. Trying not to play Pep Roulette for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

True, but I'd say Watkins could possibly eat some of his mins. For 6 million you'd want to be sure he's a starter in a non top 6 team.

My draft so far, thoughts welcome: (3-5-2)

Sanchez - (4.0)

TAA - Shaw - Dunk - (Amartey) - (4.0)

Salah (c) - Fernandes - Jota - Greenwood - Balbuena

Ings - Antonio - (4.5)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Damien360

I’d appreciate some thoughts on this team. I think it’s overloaded on Liverpool and maybe Utd, but I can’t see alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

There goes zyiech after a good pre season. Back to the drawing board

• Registered Users Posts: 19,639 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Any indication of what Lukakus price will be yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Advertisement