Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the new Boards.ie platform - Version 1.0 :)

Options

Comments

Two issues identified 1. Updating latest post date and 2. Migrating your followed categories - will require 1 hour planned downtime as the site will need to be taken offline to do this. We will confirm day and time asap - however we would like to do sooner rather than later as they are both significant issues.

Please do this soon

I'm getting more used to the new format and think it's great. There still are some things to be ironed out as has been acknowledged already but definitely appreciating the new additions.

I really think long term it'll make for a better site so well done all involved.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

@Boards.ie: Odhran thats a fair body of work and I can see some of the updates making things easier already.

However can I suggest that the focus be mainly on two things- sorting out all navigation and useability for mobile users and getting dark mode back. These are the issues that are coming up time and time again on this thread and have made Boards unusable for many users.

I think it is obvious since the new site went live that traffic is way down because a good section of posters are staying away; both Current Affairs and After Hours have been very quiet this last two days and they are two of the busiest forums. Mobile users are saying navigation is really difficult with multiple taps required to perform some actions and others are complaining about headaches and sore eyes from the lack of a dark mode. Which has to then lead to posters not posting so I would say those two issues need to be fixed as a matter of urgency otherwise there is a danger that active posters here stay away.

Otherwise Im mainly on desktop and while its not the finished article its working generally pretty well and the new features are great. Theres some minor things outstanding like not being able to see thanks or links bringing you away from Boards rather than opening up a new tab. Desktop is generally grand, its the mobile side of things that really need attention and especially as more than half of all users browse the site using mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭antimatterx

There is literally a CryptoCurrency forum ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

FFS or not, will not gonna help right now.

As you might appreciate, i am not the one who "boil" this move on - only trying to help you find what you looking for, you welcome.

As you might appreciate(or not), site was "re-open" just two days ago, works still ongoing and issues will occur/surface.

If you try right now you might find "CryptoCurrency" appear on search as "HomeTopicsBusiness & FinancePersonalInvestments & MarketsCryptocurrency (Bitcoin, etc)

We are all in the "same pond" right now and ALL have issues to address. If you willing to continue in same "manner" you might find yourself looking for your issues resolution on your own or even suggestion of different combination of FF.

Post edited by smuggler.ie on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭sioda

I'm using opera on my mobile with night mode enabled and although the site ain't working great it looks good

Now that is relieve for eyes, isn't it. Still "burning" mine on desktop ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Another really annoying thing on mobile. I read a thread, I hit the back button to take me back to my list of threads from my followed fora, instead it takes me to a random other thread I've read at some stage in the past day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Registered Users Posts: 28,974 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There are quite a few blank posts appearing in the last page or two.....

I too was wondering about all the name changes that have been implemented along with all the other changes. Were they strictly necessary? As IMHO they only add to the confusion of trying to learn our way around the new site.

Would it be possible to revert to the old terminology, even temporarily, to ease us along???

• Advertisement

This is something strange had happened to my post, i didn't intend to and did not added it into my post

...and cant edit/remove it either

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Legacy option needed on touch..it's so bad it's unworkable...you're driving people away to far better platforms..old touch was grand, new touch is BEYOND AWFUL.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭CH3OH

That would be the ghost of Boards past..

Tormented

😁 ok... just why not in "dark mode" for my sake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

zero mention of soccer, which has been shunted off to "groups" which is something that the likes of you have always wanted to happen hidden away, nobody can see the dirty little secret othered, is, I believe, the term du jour

pathetic and wholly predictable

• Registered Users Posts: 28,974 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm using the desktop site on a tablet, and pages are still really slow to load. Not as bad as before on Touch on mobile, but still a lag for pages to load.

Is it possible to edit a post you're quoting? (eg I just wanted to refer to speeds, but have quoted Odhran's entire post)

And lastly, on the mobile/Touch version, if I want to go to My Bookmarks, I have to scroll down to the bottom of whatever page I'm on to get to the Quick Links menu..... could this menu be put up at the top, as My Threads/Bookmarks is pretty much my default starting point.

I have just seen a 503 error message along with a note saying that maintenance work is in progress, so things are happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭mossie

@Boards.ie: Odhran Glad to see that you're taking on board the constructive criticism directed your way. Too many issues that should have been solved before any migration but a big chance for you and your's to earn bonus points by dealing with the issues raised. I like a lot of the new boards but too much not acceptable for long time users.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Dear God. Please please please give us a touch legacy site. The new one is so bad no matter what improvements can be made it will always be inferioir. Look at the place..it's dead! People have left...they won't come back. It's utterly rubbish top to bottom. Boards has been my go to site for TWENTY YEARS, check my join date and I'm all for change but this..my god..whoever signed off on this just signed boards coffin.

Absolutely horrific in every way except now oh look I can upload a pic...wow...just wow..new coke wow. Incredible how much of a **** up it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I think a coffin is the ultimate goal here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

It's horrible.

Tried to give it a chance again tonight.

Just too much effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

Joined 2005 and will come back when the user experience improves for mobile. Maybe I was just too familiar with the old navigation but what is there now just seems unintuitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Is the report post function working?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

It's one of the few things that is working, the report post is under the Flag option, at the bottom of the post.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

100% this.

I'm a regular on the Completed Games Thread and I list all my games using the tables. Now it looks dreadful. That makes me a sad panda.

At least I can copy and paste pictures directly now, instead of having to use imgur. (I think? Did the screenshot paste?)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The new site is like going from Facebook back to Myspace, I can't see how it will ever come close to being as functional as the old site, particularly with the Touch/Mobile version.

Could we go back to vBulletin and delete all posts over 1 year old, would that resolve the issues with the old site?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

One post from Niamh all day, nothing more.

The utter contempt the staff have for the users has never been more apparent.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Not perfect but if you have that saved on Excel you can literally paste it directly into the thread. Like below

For stuff like Sheets you have to use Snipping Tool or take a screenshot alright

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Multiquote Test - All I'm doing is simply selecting the quote I want to respond to, hitting quote then typing below

See my previous example for easy tables

Everything is showing up for me in the soccer forum?

Not possible to edit a post being quoted at present but that's not really a bad thing per se. You can change the level at which quotes roll back in your profile settings too

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement