Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the new Boards.ie platform - Version 1.0 :)

Options

Comments

If a post is Liked (Thanked) more than 99 times, the "Like" button text overflows to the next line

Its possible to post a blank post

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What are the points about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

On mobile? (Safari?)

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Tried again, nope no options for anything after a search

😎

• Advertisement

It's impossible to use touch at the moment, there's no way to navigate.

On desktop, there's no "find all my posts" option. Kinda hard to figure out what I've posted and where.

This update is up there with when the AV Club moved to Kinja.

Edit - I also got a message that I've been moved up to level 3 - whatever that means. I see I still only have 1 star. So a fairly middling review for me I guess.

Aaaand I can't even follow this thread:-)

I have to bookmark the damn thing. Good stuff!

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,698 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Yeah - so many unnecessary clicks for so many simple functions. I'm convinced the whole platform was designed for use on a mobile, by someone who probably doesn't even own a mouse ... or a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The usernames on each post are absolutely tiny. I have to squint to see who the poster was.

I echo what a lot of people said...bring back old boards.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

While this thread is very helpful, could we also have a clean, dull and dry 'how to thread' started by a small knowledgable few who alone edit it? It might take some of the understandable but repeated angst from here?

Many thanks a song for you all posting here helping each other with 'how too's' and those working in the background today and tonight fixing you know...stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That's going to be a question for @Spear and a thread for the Help Desk probably

What a fun feature.

... And that's how I learned @Flanders is available, so I can't tell them to screw themselves in homer-simpson voice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,071 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Bad news, there is no Helpdesk. I don't know why it's gone, or if it'll be back. Same goes for dispute resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well hot damn.

I'll remand my complaints about formatting and the droplist to the back of the queue. To say nothing of modutils (and frankly, it's better if nothing is said, but I hope it got a good facelift)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This just happened - anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Didn't they try this before and fail??

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Didn't they try this before and fail??

Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Is this the end of Boards? I remember the refresh from the original format but I don't think it was half as bad as this...

I really hope not but whoever okayed this cluster needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I think I'll get to like it in time, once the bugs are ironed out.

The search functionality is a bit of a mess, e.g. searching for Starlink, the search isn't sure if there are 53 or 63 references and will only display a few links.

Lots of issues mentioned through the thread, these would be a few I would highlight.

• Miss the search in thread function
    • How to link to a specific post, like you could do with post numbers previously. Post numbering I know is on the way as noted post #1, hope it comes with the post url.
    • Posts, old and new, with date and no time of posting, would like to see this return, in 24hr format as already posted.

Post edited by The Cush on

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

I don't understand what people are complaining about. Yes, it's littered with bugs, but they'll gradually be ironed out. It already looks a lot better than it did when I was last online, twelve hours ago. I think I like the overall 'feel' of it.

I'm using a PC, btw, which is the correct way to view a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Gas altogether TBH.

And said one person was in charge of sort the hole transfer.

That is just crazy to expect that of one person and get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

No idea how the 10k post limit even because a thing. One thread in the supplements sub-form on bodybuilding.com has over 5m posts on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭thesandeman

You must be feckin' joking!!

The only positive thing I've found on this over the Touch site is that I can post a pic as opposed to a link.

Everything else is a disaster. There was nothing wrong with the "my threads" and the "my forums" buttons at the top of the Touch page. Now I have to go around the houses to try (mainly without success) and find what I'm looking for.

Also it gives me a pop-up every thirty seconds or so while I'm typing telling me my draft is saved which is very annoying (see bottom of screenshot).

I posted the above at 01:55 but it's only appeared at 02:19 after I checked the page. It's also posted a blank for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

new site is pretty shocking…

how do you subscribe to a forum- not seeing it obvious in touch or desktop site?

also the date of posts are hard to see - and no year! important so you know if a post is very old and not worth replying to…

“Roll it back”

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement