Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the new Boards.ie platform - Version 1.0 :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Is it juts me or have the dropdown menus gone from along the top where the links are for Discussions, Categories and Groups? Ive given up trying to find the Sport forum after almost 15 minutes, why why why make things more difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I don't know if this will help anyone but on mobile if you can find your bookmarks, that will give you a list of threads you've posted in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

The more I use it the worse it seems. When reading a thread and you come to the final post, on the old site you could click on the forum name at the bottom of the thread and it would bring you back into the main forum, now it seems you have to scroll back up to the top of the page you are reading to navigate back out of it.

I dont use Reddit or any other forum. One of the beauty things about Boards for me was its simplicity and user-friendly layout, this new set up though, its an absolute abomination. I would genuinely love to know who signed off on this cos I'd bet dollars to donuts it wasnt someone that has used the site for years or uses it outside of their actual paid job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 prettyboybaker

Hi,

All of these are mobile related.

Can the last post date be listed beside threads ?

Add a jump to last page beside the thread name on the thread index page.

Please god have pagination at the top as well as bottom of a thread page.

It's impossible to know if anything new has been added to a thread, particularly if you dont login.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yes, I discovered this, but the link is all the way down on the bottom of the page.

Page sizes are very big, could this be contributing to the slowness?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

24hr time please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Aw man its all over the place, so disappointed, im off, will check back in a few days, hopefully things have settled down but as of now it next to impossible to use without pulling your hair out. eg went to find the Coronavirus forum under current affairs but there is absoilutley nothing under Current affairs, no sing of all the old threads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

The new site is a horrible experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Not usually one to complain but this is absolutely horrendous, you would be doing yourself a favour to migrate back to the old system

• Advertisement

Is there a dedicated thread where we can report bugs or bugbears that we may have?

I think it's fair to say it's pretty sh!te. Maybe it'll improve in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I think this is that thread!

TBH I think the dev has plenty to keep themself busy for the next few days, lots of low hanging fruit to pick off and then it will be worth recording the less obvious but still necessary fixes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Where are my subscribed forums? I can literally find nothing!

Navigation seems very broken. Not intuitive at all.

Bit slow at the moment- needs to be a bit more zappy- but thanks guys for all the hard work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Polar101

It's not exactly great at the moment, but I assume things can be improved.

I did like how you've managed to make it look a lot like the old version.

Biggest disappointment so far is the speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I have not read through the entire thread, so apologies if this information is a duplication.

To get bold or italic or underline type now, you can do this by typing control B, I or U as needed.

Type it again when you're finished with the different mode.

Brackets don't seem to work. e.g. [b]bold[/b] which used to work (although not needed with the taskbar), now does not work as you can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

The fact that something like this wasn't highlighted by some chap on a summer internship in Vanilla is extremely poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

Can anyone tell me if the desktop version is available for mobile. Hate the new layout, find it very user unfriendly.

I'm on the Touch site on my laptop.

How can I get back into the Standard site, there are no links at the bottom to do so. I m stuck on the Touch site now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The new site makes me feel like it’s my first time ever using the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

I do not like thee, Vanilla Hell.

The reason why - I cannot tell.

But this I know, and know full well,

I do not like thee, Vanilla Hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,670 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If you are using Chrome on Android you can press the 3 dots up top right of screen and select desktop mode and see how you get on....

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

Ok I have the desktop site now, on Chrome click the three dots top right and scroll down the options and click desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Where's the soccer forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Website appears to be coming under strain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Don't worry - things will be much more stable when we move to the new platform ... 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement