Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭ mcsean2163

That's your experience and maybe the reason you're here. I know a family WFH that gets all the work done before 2.30 school pick-up. So many people I talk with like WFH and especially when schools open.

Fwiw, WFH was a complete nightmare for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭ mcsean2163

Well done, sounds like you got through parenting successfully. It sounds like you have one, in my experience it gets more difficult to juggle with kids of different ages.

I respect your opinion but also the opinion of many in lower socioeconomic groups where we live. The wealthy have abnegated responsibility and we are now in a society where many are happy to sacrifice fun in order to WFH to be there for their kids. It's mad but that is what has happened.

Sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭ JRant

More power to them and I'm delighted it's working out for them. I've no idea where they work but knocking off at 2:30 every day sounds like heaven.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,806 ✭✭✭✭ is_that_so

The EU are only pushing what their members want but members here means France, Italy and any other country with mandatory vaccinations and boosters!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ noraos

I cant say I have gotten through parenting successfully, I dont think anyone can. I was parenting alone, so everytime I left the house for the second job, it was difficult to juggle even with one, but I did what had to be done. If alot of parents are being honest, they would agree that yes, the lack of commute is great, however the biggest perk to the restrictions for alot was the amount of savings made.. young families, with children's of different ages, were never really going to be effected by the pubs opening hours / live music etc anyway really.. saying they are making sacrifices to wfh is a bit of a stretch to me..

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."-Oscar Wilde

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ noraos

Just to break up the negativity.. NYC seem to be encouraging positive news.. mostly its UK and their lifting of restrictions. But its good to break up the doom and gloom 😊

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."-Oscar Wilde

• Advertisement

In this case it is and they stated that they wanted a common approach to both vaccine purchases and travels passes in all member states. Not sure how they could be planning for something that didn't exist in 2019. IIRC discussions about travel passes began in April 2020 and it was driven by tourism concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ Derkaiser93

They aren't pcr testing people under 40 anymore so that completely negates your argument. Sounds like you're running a narrative rather than facts but that's to be expected with such a profile picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭ raind

So you were being serious 😦

It also takes about 20 seconds to verify if what you are saying is BS or not

In summary, currently, the information on this dashboard does feature cases identified by reported lateral flow tests for England and Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭ raind

What NPHET said a few months ago doesn't make the poster less wrong today

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ Hey boy

Whatever the slight difference is here (assuming this is correct) does not IMHO justify the ongoing restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭ JRant

It's almost like certs and masks are seen as "normal" by government at this stage. Personally, I think we'll be stuck with them for a good while yet.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,774 ✭✭✭ irishgeo

Why bother paying experts if your going not bother listening to them.

Just to note I am all for removing all restrictions ASAP.

• Advertisement

Numbers really are pointing the right way in a big way so there is not an awful lot to hide behind. Latest tests have us back where we were before Omicron hit. That alone points towards reversing that 8p.m. thing and the outdoor sport restrictions and a rampant Omicron suggests there will not be a chance of another variant for quite a while.

Advertisement