Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭ Penfailed

It's anybodies guess...but I'll go with mid-April.

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, The Cure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ Red Silurian

SF aren't the ones blindly following the recommendations of NPHET, no matter how off the wall they seem to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭ astrofool

Restrictions starting to be lifted this week apparently:

Major easing of Covid restrictions expected this week (breakingnews.ie)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Stheno

From the end of the month is when it will apply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭ Always_Running

The leaks are out? Some difference from a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭ Ha Long Bay

What part do you see as minor easing if the reports are true?

Going from 5000 to 51000+ people in the Aviva for the Six nations?

"It is also expected that full capacity will be permitted at outdoor sporting events, which will impact the upcoming Six Nations rugby championships and GAA league matches."

Local radio station here reporting

Tanaiste Leo Varadkar believes Ireland is coming to a point where it needs to "move on" from COVID-19 restrictions

I was getting excited before I realized they got the tanaiste's name wrong, oh well...

France and Italy haven't confirmed ending of restrictions yet but the IRFU wouldn't hesitate to move games to one of the other home nations who gladly let the Irish in without any checks, I'd say it will be a consideration, however small

When are they proposing to remove the sport capacity limits? Could Munsters game this weekend be a full house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ Derkaiser93

I'd like to see restrictions go too now at this stage but even if nphet are conservative , restrictions like masks and certs are still in place in nearly every country right now, and some with more restrictions than us. The international political and scientific community and WHO still are still clasifying this as the pandemic stage for now and at least short term future....regardless of what you, Richard Hillman on boards.ie thinks or says. I'm not nphets biggest fan and as I said would like restrictions gone very soon but this isn't unique to ireland nor nphet regardless of what you or others on here inconsequential opinion is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭ raind

Not sure if serious.

You and the 10 people thanking your post do realise that the antigen results are from people who previously would have been sent for pcr and therefore would have been included in the numbers anyway? And that it is highly likely that not everyone is actually bothering to upload their antigen results? And that even with antigens included the numbers are falling rapidly?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭ bear1

So, really if this goes ahead, our only remaining restrictions would be the 12am closing time and masks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,801 ✭✭✭✭ is_that_so

BoJo as an example of pandemic management is an extremely low bar and one reasonable gamble doesn't make it otherwise. We are all about the abundant caution, a phrase that has been repeated many times.

Advertisement