Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Jizique

Horrible watch

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Denny61

Hurling in tipperary is finished..with cahill at the helm...he thinks Bringing in a lot of new lads will do it ..no way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

shouldn’t come as much of a shock to tipp supporters …not blaming Cahill but for years tipp are all show and no result ..few nice silky hurlers but no dog or fight in them when needed ….

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭KClon11

Absolutely depressing watch, still stand by what I said after the league semi final this team will not win a game in Munster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭newhouse87

YEp knew we wouldn't get within 5. Cahills either thick or stubborn, I'm thinking thick. Losing with the wind and we still don't push up. Lot them forwards are softest iv ever seen in tipp Jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Absolutely brutal. As bad a performance as our very worst days.

Adam English popping over points for fun on the 45 while we have a lad loose on our 21 scratching his hole for 70 minutes.

Limerick just played around the sweeper all day long and made hay with the spare man out the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Breaking ball is attitude. Breaking ball is work rate. At inter county level if you don’t have the right attitude or the work rate you get embarrassed..
    I lost count of the amount of times Tipp players got blocked down or Limerick players had the time to rise the ball, two or three times.
    Tipp didn’t look like they wanted to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Id say Jake got on about 4 balls today and was blocked every single time. He was stink, for a lad we expected a lot of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Did Cahill opt out of going full pelt for that match? They were poison ,didn't even compete.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Advertisement

no they’re genuinely just gone that bad unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Glenomra

wondered the same. For Tipperary's sake hope that they didn't or this present team are finished. Dire. Unlike us versus Limerick last week not a single Tipperary player seemed to actually get stuck in!!! Bizarre

Exactly. That level of performance wouldn’t beat anyone. Anyone. That level of performance wouldn’t have beaten the Tipp performance against Clare in the league semi or the Tipp performances against Waterford or Galway last year. That’s how bad it was. It wouldn’t beat a Colm Bonnar Tipp team.

Way worse than a Colm Bonnar team. It’s hard to know where they go from here especially being up again in 6 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭mullinr2

That Tipp team is spineless. No leaders. I always that Forde was a very good player but he hasn't pushed on since the likes of Bubbles and Seamie left ye

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Bobby_Bolivia

I'm ashamed of them.

Lowest point for Tipp hurling I can remember. At least under Bonnar you knew he was a lame duck and there was Cahill waiting in the wings at some point to whip us back into shape.

But to be this bad under Cahill, tactically an absolute mess, no intensity, no effort, no pride in the shirt. I can't believe what I saw today. They should be embarassed, the whole lot of them.

Don't know will I bother going to Waterford next week. If they can't be bothered to show up for the jersey why should anyone show up for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

I dont see a lack of effort with this team. First 15 minutes they were full of running. I see a lack of real hurling, skills of the game done at high speed, a soft centre up front, and a brittle belief that when things start to go wrong (especially against Limerick) the wind goes out of their sails far too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 89tipp91

Fair point Yabba Dabba Dooley, but just appeared amuch poorer performance than the draw against Linerick last year even

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Glenomra

II think that you are spot on. Watching the game what fascinated me most were the times that a limerick player missed a pass or deflected it etc, invariably there was another limerick player moving on to the ball. It was if, limerick had an extra 3 or 4 players. Certainly not the tipperary style team that I grew up watching.

What astounded me, and this went on right through the entire game, the lack of players making a run for a puck out.

• Advertisement

Cahill and Bevans were so afraid of them today. Clare literally showed what to do last week. Push up and stay pushed up. Have confidence that your backs can win their 1 on 1 battles and be aggressive with the positioning up the pitch. Clare lost that game literally because they started dropping deeper. They showed how to beat them and then showed what would happen if we set up like final 15/20 mins Clare (which we did!). I'm not saying we would have won today by matching them but it was a better chance than whatever those two idiots concocted up.

Instead we had a sweeper at absolutely f*ck all. And it's not the first time we've had a sweeper scratching his balls all game in a Championship match under these two. And they don't bother changing it either when it's obvious it's not working.

Barry Hogan's puckouts are awful anyway. Not to take the responsibility away from the outfield players but you can't play whatever nonsense Cahill wants to play with Hogan in goal. He'll be dropped next week, of that I'm sure.

I'd start Darragh McCarthy next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭1373

fair point, hasn't been ruined by the tippy tappy shite that is tipp training sessions these days

Wouldn’t t want him traumatised by this fuckery. Let him develop away. The under 20s would have put on a better show today.
    how do you go from last year to this?
    Something major wrong here. Being flat is one thing but Jesus … careers are on the line now

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭1373

While we're on ex managers, I think we should remember Babs line regarding Donkeys

Cahill said afterwards “Some players, it just didn’t run for them and they’re going to have to make way for the next fella to give them a chance” , hard to know who else he can even give a chance to it just seems we don’t have the players anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

unless the players have zero time for cahill there seemed to be an element of the film the hustler about tipperary today , if it wasn't for a horrific injury to peter casey which numbed limerick for several minutes after tipperary would have struggled to score any more then 14 or 15 points ,

i guarantee you will see a different tipp side next week against waterford , you dont just lose out on an all ireland semi final by a point one year and show up the next like this , i wouldn't trust cahill as far as i could throw him

At one point one in the first half, one of the Limerick coaches ran up to Kyle Hayes and said the next puck is coming down the centre (atmosphere was so poor I could hear everything). Sure enough Tipp Keeper hit it straight to the cb/deep midfield position. Whatever system or pattern is at play on puck outs, it’s Completely figured out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭farmerval

One of the many disappointing things today was our fitness, we looked well off the pace for long parts of the game. Having watched how badly Clare's second half tactic of long ball last week against Limerick, we somehow thought that we would get a different result.

Advertisement