Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kolrus - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Remember when French and Saunders did a parody version. It was a hoot :D

Can't say I do tin man

*googles *

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Kolido wrote: »
    In 12th place with 8 points is
    Barna

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Review
    This song is average, or at least that was my opinion of it. I must say though, it has improved after a few listens. It is still just above average for me. I think the music and the chorus are catchy. I also think it is way over produced. The cinematic music video was groundbreaking at the time and very influential over the years. Jackson has many better songs than this one. It just wouldn’t be one I would listen to often. An okay pick.
    The video game :pac: gave me nightmares when I was a kid, I wouldn't even listen to the song. Looking back now, it makes me smile

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Disappointed you didnt like Sanctify more, I love it.

But happy to see loads of Oasis. Oasis as a band were never my cuppa growing up but since seeing Liam live.... they grew on me. Glad Im not the only one who felt the same.

Loving the reveal so far and sorry Im nota round for them love

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Looking at Friday or Saturday for the next 2 rounds.

Debut

Songs which would have done well in this category

Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know

Natalie Imbruglia - Torn

Kylie Minogue - I Should Be So Lucky

Europe - The Final Countdown

Rage Against The Machine - Killing In the Name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,805 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Didn't think of Killing In The Name, that's one hell of an introduction!

Happy with my choice having seen those, I might avoid the spoon yet :D

Guessing we might see Mr Brightside, Wannabe, Hit Me Baby One More Time...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Didn't think of Killing In The Name, that's one hell of an introduction!

Happy with my choice having seen those, I might avoid the spoon yet :D

Guessing we might see Mr Brightside, Wannabe, Hit Me Baby One More Time...
    Also Creep by Radiohead.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,370 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I had to find my pm to see what I sent in.

Love the song I submitted

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

:pac: I'd be surprised if I don't finish last in this one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Necro wrote: »
    :pac: I'd be surprised if I don't finish last in this one

I'm the opposite, I expect a good placing in this category!!
    Famous last words hahahah :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I don't even remember this category (facepalm) hopefully I submitted something for it that was appropriate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I love the song I sent for this category it's by far my favourite song I entered in kols walrus

I just went with a song that was stuck in my head at the time. I did consider "You Oughta Know" but wasn't sure if it was really her debut or not given she released some stuff in Canada when she was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

You can never tell in a walrus.
    I've sent in songs before that I thought were great and they got last place, and a heap of abuse to boot :eek:

You can never tell in a walrus.
    I've sent in songs before that I thought were great and they got last place, and a heap of abuse to boot :eek:

Hahaha, very true.
    For this one I will be very vocal if I place low, there will be lots of funny memes :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

which category is coming up next?

556267.png

In 16th place with 4 points is
    Ari

Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's

Heard the artist: Yes
    Heard the song: Yes

My rating: ★★★☆☆

Review

When I saw this song picked I thought, great, I do like this one. Yes I do like it but the more and more I played it the more it started to sound annoying. Great lyrics, the kind that are easy to recall and sign along to. I still do it. It is a catchy song but is there anything to lift it above a lot of others, not really. Again no killer factor there. The promo video is also pretty famous. This is probably the song that disappointed me the most from those I knew. A decent song but nothing special.

In 15th place with 5 points is
    Homer

Vanessa Paradis - Joe le Taxi

Review

This song was everywhere when released. Quite uncommon for a forieng language song. You guys are really hitting me with jazzy hits. I must say it is not one you hear too often these days so I can’t complain it is overplayed, although it was back in the day. Difficult to say if she can sing since it is in French but I really like the music. I remember she had that other hit ‘Be my baby’ I really liked that one also. I always remember she looked a bit awkward dancing by taxi in the music video. It is a nice hit to revisit but not up there with the best, an okay pick.

In 14th place with 6 points is
    HillBilly

Sade - Your Love is King

Heard the song: No

Review

Don’t know too much about Sade but I do like some of their songs. I had not heard this before. I’d have to say I’m not too impressed by it. Musically I really like it but the actual song and Sade’s vocals don’t do it for me. Smooth jazz, I can see why this was picked. I really like smooth operator, also from their debut album but didn’t qualify for this round. I tried to like this more than I did but I just could not warm to it enough to rank it higher. They really do have better stuff, good effort though.

• Advertisement

In 13th place with 7 points is
    Purple

Tom Petty - American Girl

Heard the song: No

Review

Well this is a famous song but I can’t say I’m familiar with it. I probably have heard it in movies but the fact that I can’t remember it does not bode well. It is not a bad song, it has a catchy guitar riff and decent lyrics. The thing is, I find Tom Petty hit and miss. I do like some of their songs but a lot I find too folksy rock for me. I would be on the fence on this one, not bad but not great. I can see why it was picked, unfortunately didn’t quite work out this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,486 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Vanessa's daughter with Johnny Depp is so like her

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It wouldn't be a Walrus without a purple tin Tom Petty entry.

I think *Think* he might like Tom Petty :pac:

In 12th place with 8 points is
    LeVar

Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

Review

I wonder who picked this! Can’t say I don’t like this, it is extremely catchy. Definitely a great debut hit. This is a song I could see myself getting up to dance to after a few drinks with a load of cougars. Problem is, the number of times I could see myself in that position are probably somewhere between slim and none. To be fair, this hit has aged fairly well. Still listenable today, I wouldn’t have it on repeat though. I expected nothing less from this player, a decent pick.

Good evening all, good to be with you.

Howdy doody Stu!

Jesus, this is an unbelievably strong round.
    Glad I didn't have to rank it!!!

Necro wrote: »
    Howdy doody Stu!

Good man yourself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I couldn't help myself... Not actually used it in a Walrus before so felt about time... :pac:

• Advertisement

In 11th place with 9 points is
    Stu

Britney Spears - Hit me baby one more time

My rating: ★★★★☆

Review

Well you don’t get many bigger debut hits than this one. I hadn’t even thought about this song when deciding this category but it is very obvious now. Poptastic. Very catchy, there’s that phrase I keep referring to too. Nice music beat, love that piece at the start. Can anyone admit they don’t sing along to this song when they hear it, I can’t. We all know the lyrics. Yes, yes, this is cringy as hell but damn it, it is too good not to like. Good pick

Advertisement