Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls and OnlyFans

Options

Comments

bubblypop wrote: »
    Yes I get that.
    I just think it's hypocritical, if people are happy to watch it, but wouldn't want anyone they know doing it, just seems very judgy and double standards, and yes, a bit old fashioned sex is wrong kind of thing. #shrugs#

But everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    It wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

It wouldn't be hypocritical (since you've changed the verb - watch/do)... People are fully capable of having a range of views that differ depending on personal circumstances vs the circumstances that apply to other people.

Now, if they said that they didn't want others to do it, but were doing it themselves, then that would be hypocritical.

Nobody is saying sex is wrong. People are saying that they would want the people they are in a relationship to respect their wishes and have some exclusivity with regards to their intimacy.

It's old fashioned to not actively encourage or find nothing wrong with masturbating for strangers for the price of a pint?

Then I'm glad to be old fashioned.

And honestly, if you would like/have no problem with your sister/daughter masturbating for your friends for a few quid, it's not as virtuous or progressive sounding as you think.

I don't think anything is virtuous or anything else, I just think what I think.
    Wouldn't bother me, would bother you, people are different.
    That's all.

It wouldn't be hypocritical (since you've changed the verb - watch/do)... People are fully capable of having a range of views that differ depending on personal circumstances vs the circumstances that apply to other people.

Now, if they said that they didn't want others to do it, but were doing it themselves, then that would be hypocritical.

Yeah, I don't think so. It's ok for people to do it, if they want to watch it, but it's not ok if it's someone they know.
    I thinks that's hypocritical.
    But that's my opinion, it's ok if you don't agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Yeah, I don't think so. It's ok for people to do it, if they want to watch it, but it's not ok if it's someone they know.
    I thinks that's hypocritical.
    But that's my opinion, it's ok if you don't agree.

The issue kind of is that just because people don’t agree with you on this you label them old fashioned people who think sex is wrong...

YellowLead wrote: »
    The issue kind of is that just because people don’t agree with you on this you label them old fashioned people who think sex is wrong...

But that's just my opinion, we all have them right?

• Advertisement

I don't think anything is virtuous or anything else, I just think what I think.
    Wouldn't bother me, would bother you, people are different.
    That's all.

You think you would be fine/wouldn't bother you if your daughter/sister/girlfriend masturbated for strangers/friends for the price of a pint.

That's a pretty bold statement and you judged others as hypocritical and/or old fashioned for thinking otherwise.

Yes and that's what we are discussing. Our opinions and how our opinions change how people see us.

Fair point.
    I think you are coming across as fake liberal and clueless about the real world based on your opinions. That’s just my opinion too :)

You think you would be fine/wouldn't bother you if your daughter/sister/girlfriend masturbated for strangers/friends for the price of a pint.

That's a pretty bold statement and you judged others as hypocritical and/or old fashioned for thinking otherwise.

No it wouldn't bother me. I'm not sure why people are so surprised by that, lots of posters said it wouldn't bother them.
    And I do think others are very judgy, but that's my opinion right?

Fair point.
    I think you are coming across as fake liberal and clueless about the real world based on your opinions. That’s just my opinion too :)

That's ok
    I don't care what you think
    #shrugs#

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Purple is a Fruit

What can I say? I'm don't feel unusual, I feel like myself.
    No-one gave me much abuse when I was a kid. I didn't care less what people said or thought.
    Way off topic though.
    When someone suggested that children could face ridicule over their parents doing such work, your response was "I didn't give two sh1ts what people said to me when I was a child" (as if it's only about you) and then you say people didn't give you much hassle as a child anyway? Flawless logic.

Wibbs wrote: »
    That does seem to be a theme alright. The earnings, imaginary or no are to the fore in this debate. So long as the money is good, or good enough, play ball. It does somewhat remind me of this narrative:

Would you sleep with me for ten million quid?

Mmmmm, that's very tempting. Yes

Would you sleep with me for ten quid?

How dare you!! No! What do you think I am??!!

Oh I think we've established what you are, we're just haggling over the price.

It does seem one's moral position and attitudes to something can shift depending on the payout involved. I suspect the attitudes would be less comfortable if playing hide the French tickler to an audience of online onanists only paid a couple of hundred quid a month.
    That, and contorting oneself into all sorts of positions (heheh) to look the ultimate liberal.

Also, "woke" types chide others constantly for being judgemental - when you could not get more judgemental than a woke type. Their judging is the "right" kind though.

When someone suggested that children could face ridicule over their parents doing such work, your response was "I didn't give two sh1ts what people said to me when I was a child" (as if it's only about you) and then you say people didn't give you much hassle as a child anyway? Flawless logic.

So, would it be ok if the people on onlyfans were not parents?

Btw, that's not actually accurate account of the conversation, but I'm sure you know that

No it wouldn't bother me. I'm not sure why people are so surprised by that, lots of posters said it wouldn't bother them.

It's your judgement that people who disagree with your way of thinking are too judgy.

And we are the hypocritical ones...

Gotta love your logic.

It's your judgement that people who disagree with your way of thinking are too judgy.

And we are the hypocritical ones...

Gotta love your logic.

No.
    Nothing to do with them agreeing or disagreeing with me. It's nothing to do with me.
    I just find their attitude hypocritical.

So, would it be ok if the people on onlyfans were not parents?

Btw, that's not actually accurate account of the conversation, but I'm sure you know that

It's absolutely fine if they are or aren't parents.

They are strangers to me. They can do what they want.

That isn't what is in question here.

It's would you be ok with someone you loved/cared about doing it.

No.
    Nothing to do with them agreeing or disagreeing with me. It's nothing to do with me.
    I just find their attitude hypocritical.

It's just a coincidence that the people you are judging happen to disagree with you?

It's absolutely fine if they are or aren't parents.

They are strangers to me. They can do what they want.

That isn't what is in question here.

It's would you be ok with someone you loved/cared about doing it.

Well I was actually responding to the posters who say it's not fair to the children.
    And yes, again, it wouldn't bother me if it was my.other half doing it!
    I don't view it as anything like cheating, it's just a job.
    But that's my opinion and how I see it.

There's nothing wrong with sex (I assume you didn't mean that, and didn't think to qualify the end of the statement).

The issue for most people is that we place some importance on the act of sex. It's a deeply intimate and personal activity. When a stranger does it on a camera, you can remove the intimacy because it is a stranger. When it's your girlfriend doing it on camera, she's revealing something that would normally be a very private activity, and a large part of why we have relationships is that we become exclusive with each other. We, typically, don't want everyone to see our girlfriends/boyfriends naked or in the act of having sex.

Now, perhaps that is old-fashioned, but I don't think it actually is. Open relationships are very rare, because they don't last. Jealousy is a very strong human condition, as is the possessiveness that comes with being in a serious relationship. Few people can love someone, while they're off having sex with others..

Now, we're in the age, where people claim all manner of open-minded stances regarding sex, but I seriously doubt that most people have left behind the importance of exclusivity for relationships.

There's a lot of blurring going on in this thread, where issues are being grouped together. Your girlfriend getting naked online is likely to be a very different issue than your girlfriend masturbating online, or even having sex with someone else online (with or without your knowledge).

And that's the problem really. The subtleties are being discarded, so that it's easier for people to claim being open-minded, and easier to call others old-fashioned.

It is hypocritical, if you are ok with someone else's daughter/sister/girlfriend masturbating for the price of a pint. And are happy to consume such material for your own pleasure then who are you to pass judgement on anyone else for providing this service.

Either the service only fans provides is wrong or it is right. If it is OK for you to consume then how can you judge any other provider of the same service.

It certainly isn't.

I don't care that someone I don't know has a daughter who takes heroin.

I wouldn't want my daughter doing heroin.

Am I a hypocrite? I don't have an onlyfans account.

• Advertisement

Well I was actually responding to the posters who say it's not fair to the children.
    And yes, again, it wouldn't bother me if it was my.other half doing it!
    I don't view it as anything like cheating, it's just a job.
    But that's my opinion and how I see it.

You don't need to keep repeating it's your opinion. We know

Not lots - only a tiny minority said they would be in a relationship with somebody on OF btw.

And bubblypop, you'd be happy for your wife or sister or daughter to be a stripper or masturbate live? Just a job. Their bodies. Less technology.

That's ok
    I don't care what you think
    #shrugs#

Lol I don’t care what you think either but this is a discussion forum and you keep participating so...
    It’s a shame you have to stoop to insulting other posters to get your point across and when they respond in kind ‘I don’t care what you think’ is the best you can do :)

Lol I don’t care what you think either but this is a discussion forum and you keep participating so...
    It’s a shame you have to stoop to insulting other posters to get your point across and when they respond in kind ‘I don’t care what you think’ is the best you can do :)

I haven't insulted anyone.
    I'm fact, I think you may have insulted me. But I won't take offence because I don't care what you think of me.
    I'm not sure why you think that's an.insult. It is in fact being nice :)

I haven't insulted anyone.
    I'm fact, I think you may have insulted me. But I won't take offence because I don't care what you think of me.
    I'm not sure why you think that's an.insult. It is in fact being nice :)

Judgemental, hypocritical, old fashioned.. lovely terms.

And bubblypop, you'd be happy for your wife or sister or daughter to be a stripper or masturbate live? Just a job. Their bodies. Less technology.

I have already said, I wouldn't care of that's what they did for a living.
    If noone is getting hurt and it's not illegal, fine. I may be worried about safety etc given that a lot of strip clubs may be located in less then city centre safe locations. But if they were happy that security is ok, then it's basically the same as doing it online, if they are on a stage.

Anyway, my opinion is it wouldn't bother me, that's me. And plenty of others. So that's that!

Judgemental, hypocritical, old fashioned.. lovely terms.

Ah here!
    I can be very judgy about somethings, very!
    I can also be a bit hypocritical too sometimes. But I don't mind admitting it.

You probably wouldn't care about things I'm judgemental about.

The issue for most people is that we place some importance on the act of sex. It's a deeply intimate and personal activity. When a stranger does it on a camera, you can remove the intimacy because it is a stranger. When it's your girlfriend doing it on camera, she's revealing something that would normally be a very private activity, and a large part of why we have relationships is that we become exclusive with each other. We, typically, don't want everyone to see our girlfriends/boyfriends naked or in the act of having sex.

Now, perhaps that is old-fashioned, but I don't think it actually is. Open relationships are very rare, because they don't last. Jealousy is a very strong human condition, as is the possessiveness that comes with being in a serious relationship. Few people can love someone, while they're off having sex with others..

Now, we're in the age, where people claim all manner of open-minded stances regarding sex, but I seriously doubt that most people have left behind the importance of exclusivity for relationships.

There's a lot of blurring going on in this thread, where issues are being grouped together. Your girlfriend getting naked online is likely to be a very different issue than your girlfriend masturbating online, or even having sex with someone else online (with or without your knowledge).

And that's the problem really. The subtleties are being discarded, so that it's easier for people to claim being open-minded, and easier to call others old-fashioned.
    Your view isn't old fashioned at all, it's the standard.

When people resort to "you're backwards/old fashioned/prudish", they've nothing else to offer - that's how weak their argument is. Those who are afraid of looking vanilla are the oppressed ones.

• Advertisement

Your view isn't old fashioned at all, it's the standard.

When people resort to "you're backwards/old fashioned/prudish", they've nothing else to offer - that's how weak their argument is. Those who are afraid of looking vanilla are the oppressed ones.

Ahh well, I find the people who are most open-minded about sex/relationships are the people with the least experience of it. It's mostly theory, and theory is easy to be unemotional about.

They've never had an open relationship, so don't know the problems that crop up, except from what they've heard from other open-minded people. We all seek to experiment when we're young, but as we get older and more experienced, most people quickly realise that these old-fashioned boundaries are there for solid reasons. Or their opportunities to experiment are limited, so they retain their open-mindedness about things they haven't done themselves. Simple human nature, although the internet exasperates it considerably.

Advertisement