Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

pauldry wrote: »

Id say weve had about 40hrs of sun all month against over 100hrs on the Eastern side

40 hrs? that is pretty good going to be honest. Was expecting a half sunny morning here but woke up to layer of particularly dense altostratus. Looked like the heavens were about to open but of course, not even that.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a fantastic day now in Meath, skies have completely cleared, strong warm sunshine and gin blue skies. Temperature now 21C. This is what I was expecting on Sunday.

Gonzo wrote: »
    a fantastic day now in Meath, skies have completely cleared, strong warm sunshine and gin blue skies. Temperature now 21C. This is what I was expecting on Sunday.

Enjoy it, because the west is coming your way.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Getting bluer in Dublin, hopefully it clears up totally and can enjoy some hours of sun before the weather regresses

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Enjoy it, because the west is coming your way.

We have a saying round these parts 'That won't come here though'
    Sunny breezy and 20c at the moment in Arklow
    West may well be best soon enough and for a while according to Marco petagno's tweet today
    The West NW high cell is coming...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Getting bluer in Dublin, hopefully it clears up totally and can enjoy some hours of sun before the weather regresses

I'm fairly sure Dublin will turn blue and very sunny in the next half an hour or so. The clouds that were here just melted away very quickly around 1.30. I wasn't expecting today to be so good in terms of sunshine and very welcome it is too after the disappointment of Sunday.

I'm fairly sure Dublin will turn blue and very sunny in the next half an hour or so.

It has been doing its best not to come out the last few days but it's looking good today finally

22c here now and 22C reported at Phoenix Park, I reckon 23C is definitely achieveable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Overcast and drizzly in Cork. Mist on airport hill. Not foul, but not far off it. Max of 15c so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Breeze has picked up in Dublin but the clouds have cleared and the sun is shining. Pretty warm as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

That cloud has arrived after a sunny morning. Temp 17.8c

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

Proper sunshine no clouds now finally, scorching myself outside, vitamin D and melanoma mmmm

If you look at this satellite animation, you can see a series of stationary wave clouds (beneath the higher cloud) lying from north Kerry up to the west coast of Connacht. Probably best viewed zoomed in if possible.
    uEuIK1v.gif

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Proper sunshine no clouds now finally, scorching myself outside, vitamin D and melanoma mmmm

Jesus it feels like a different world in the west the last week
    Wet manky day
    Humid too
    Not ideal !

Phoenix Park now 23C. I'm sure there are probably some local spots reaching 24C.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Phoenix Park now 23C. I'm sure there are probably some local spots reaching 24C.

23.4c atm in Dublin 16. Great afternoon with clear blue skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

What’s going on with all this wind? It’s practically midsummer and it’s blowing a gale here in Tipp. It’s been so windy for June and it’s taking the good out of the bit of heat we’re getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Rain band clipping the NW coast now. Going to be a wet evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Rain band clipping the NW coast now. Going to be a wet evening.

Heavy drizzle south of Tuam since 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Farming commentary updated 3pm today

Sunshine
    Sunshine amounts have varied over the past week. The south and southeast have been brighter than normal, with 45.9 hours of sunshine recorded at Cork Airport (112% of its average). However, it has been much cloudier elsewhere, with sunshine amounts generally below average. The northwest was the dullest region with just 13.1 hours of sunshine recorded at Belmullet (35% of its average). The coming week will often bring a mix of showers and sunny spells, so sunshine totals are likely to be closer to normal in all areas. However, frontal systems moving in from the Atlantic at times may bring a little more cloud to western areas at times.

Rain
    The past week has been drier than normal across the country, with below average rainfall totals generally. The east and midlands were the driest regions with just 0.2mm of rainfall recorded at Dublin Airport (1% of its average). The southwest and northwest were wetter, with rainfall totals closer to average there.

• Advertisement

the cloud layer from the west has reached here near, was beautiful and sunny up to 10 minutes ago. Big changes are on the way from tonight with a much cooler and fresher pattern taking over for the next 7 days at least. Hopefully the warmer weather will return before the end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Very very fine mist here in cork city, Looks like crap weather in the distance/from a distance but is fine when outside - odd. Humid. Warm breeze too, no cold.

Gives a good idea as to where the sun is shining.. and where it isn't:

hBIPYv6.png

Sun trying it's best to get out here now, but the low cloud proving itself to be impenetrable.

New Moon

Still very sunny down here
    Windy all day which feels strange in the warmth

• Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A dark wet evening here in Castlebar with rain now setting in. Much brighter in the west for the next few day thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

View over Dublin at 5pm

84WGRfx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Another bbq evening here in Dublin.. Lovely outside

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

An absolutely stunning evening here in NCD.

Don't think it's rained in about 17 days.

I'm in for some shock when does finally start raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

Cloudy with a cool wind this morning. Rain started at 4.00pm. Heavy rain at the moment.
    Muck.

Leitrim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Dark windy and fresh here rain threatening. Typically summer really.

Advertisement