Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

24.1° in Kildare now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Drove from Kerry back to cork, some difference. Very overcast in Kerry, nearly pure blue skies in cork. Car was reading about 25/26 degrees around Macroom onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

Totally overcast. Thick cloud. Not raining.

Leitrim

High of 26.4c at a Davis station at Tinahely South Co Wicklow

(Not USA :p )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

and finally the sun has appeared, better late than never but the best part of the day is gone. 23C here now which is the warmest day we've had since June 2nd 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

No sun in Dublin yet but I'm in Sandymount and if you look South it seems to be blue skies from about Bray onwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

No sun in Dublin yet but I'm in Sandymount and if you look South it seems to be blue skies from about Bray onwards!

Can assure you its not sunny in Bray. Blue skies behind Bray head all day though so maybe from Kilcoole southwards?

Calibos wrote: »
    Can assure you its not sunny in Bray. Blue skies behind Bray head though so maybe from Kilcoole southwards?
    Sun all day in Arklow
    Around 20c now in sea breeze
    High here was 23c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Sun all day in Arklow
    Around 20c now in sea breeze
    High here was 23c

Close but no cigar for us in Bray unfortunately.

Playa del Arklow living up to its name today but not Costa del Bray. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Going to kilkenny for week. Never in my wildest dreams wud I believe my sun holiday we'd be in eire south east. Lol tropics compared to galway

• Advertisement

Calibos wrote: »
    Can assure you its not sunny in Bray. Blue skies behind Bray head all day though so maybe from Kilcoole southwards?

Ah yeah I was just estimating! Mad how it has stayed the same all day

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Arturo Delgado

Rain shower in Offaly. It's been coming. Really disappointing week weather wise for sun. And temps too, it's been dry and averaging 17-20 most days. That's not classic June.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Not surprised the Phoenix Park was 2-3 °C warmer than nearby Casement or Dublin Airport, given its surroundings. Linda Hughes did have a 26 over Dublin in her forecast yesterday so fair play.

Moorepark's 25.2 on sunshine is probably more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Beautiful day in these parts warm and sunny all day absolutely wonderful so enjoyable. Yesterday was warm from lunchtime on but was cloudy a lot of the time but balmy by evening. What I wouldn’t give for a month of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Very dull evening. First third of the day was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Top maxima today:

25.7 Phoenix Park
    25.2 Moorepark
    24.3 Casement
    23.7 Dublin Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭glightning

Total disaster of a day here in Co.Antrim. Most of the forecasting agencies got it majorly wrong today. That significant band of mid level cloud ruined the day for many. Some short terms models had it shown, but many other models had it readily breaking up early, which it didn’t. Temps struggled to 22c under cloudy skies.
    And to top it all off, we got that band of heavy rain. Sky to the east looks like after a thunderstorm. But of course, we couldn’t even have that to enjoy. And I don’t recall that afternoon rain band being modelled, and certainly not forecast.
    All in all, this week has been a total waste of time weather wise. A bunch of warm air totally wasted. It’s annoying how the roughly same air mass results in clear skies and high temps over England. Just adds insult to injury. As is often the case in summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lashing rain here in meath after a cloudy but warm day, which was grand as i got out for a long spin on the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Greetings from sunny Galway!
    9g6Of8x.png

Counted about 10 mins in total of broken, fleeting sunshine during the mid afternoon. That must bring the June total up so far to about an hour or so.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Today's max temperatures. Such a shame the cloud spoiled the day for much of Ireland away from the south and south-east. Despite all the cloud these temperatures are very decent for such a cloudy day. We would easily have reached 26 or even 27C today if we had clear blue skies from early morning.

txint_uk.png

Hopefully we will get another chance in July and August for higher temperatures and more sunshine, even if it's just for a few days. Today's temperature are very unlikely to be matched or exceeded during the rest of June.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Full sunshine with a Max Temp of 22.3c a year high.

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

Gonzo wrote: »

Hopefully we will get another chance in July and August for higher temperatures and more sunshine, even if it's just for a few days. Today's temperature are very unlikely to be matched or exceeded during the rest of June.

Such temps as today can easily be achieved in May under the right conditions. My memory may be warped but I think similar temps were reached at the end of May last year for example.

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Such temps as today can easily be achieved in May under the right conditions. My memory may be warped but I think similar temps were reached at the end of May last year for example.

yep final days of May and first 2 days of June last year were decent with low to mid twenties across most of the country, then temperatures struggled in the mid teens for most of the summer after that.

glightning wrote: »
    And I don’t recall that afternoon rain band being modelled, and certainly not forecast.

The, albeit small, possibility was mentioned on here yesterday:
    Those maps also seem to be suggesting the small possibility of some minor convective activity running up through the midlands & east as well tomorrow afternoon. Perhaps a couple of showers breaking out if the sun does?

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Max of 20.8C here in Cobh according to my weather station. 0.1C hotter than the second hottest day of the year here, Friday.

Was down in Kerry hiking today, my GPS temperature thingy told me it was 21C. I still got burnt, this idiot wore a long sleeve top to protect from sunburn but then decided to roll the sleeves up for a while and then forgot about them.

y4mGZ9ozUhKEVj7qbpgki-hSiadXxQTaqnQGr0JgYuTOTkvfQ02iveIxr1BrnowRnKOFGIkXih-tWdpVwJz3st3Ay5sZrPBNzQyEauIiJHoQnx6fdYI88Yc6R1Fp-Oi8fan7uQtTIfwdTxsenuFNT-8TxrZ0zSnyfuI_Ja7UKq86cKfLxl-hH5ZJFY2otuf61Ie?width=1024&height=683&cropmode=none

This came out quite nicely but I need to clean my camera lens. Some very interesting clouds down there today.

Bank of advancing cloud visible here looking west
    The suns just gone behind it on the horizon
    A shorts and T shirt Evening

had a brief shower earlier, barely enough to wet the ground. Temperature has dropped by about 3C after the shower however it is sunny again.

• Advertisement

Was anyone else out on a bike today? Lately I've found I'm just covered in little flies everywhere I go on bike, need to wear sunglasses as so many go into my eyes. I think it's peak lush green time and all the little flies come out.

Advertisement