Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

24567181

Comments

  • #2


    38, Group 7, Pfizer vaccine with my GP 10/05, 2nd scheduled for 04/06


  • #2


    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's most likely happening because there are different vaccines for different age.

    Everybody in the 50-59 age bracket get the same vaccine. I just would have thought, logically, they they would deal per oldest registration date first. Seems to be just the way the HSE deal witk a lot of things.


  • #2


    Called by my GP today to come in tomorrow week (20th) for a Pfizer jab.
    48 with cardiac issues


  • #2


    wiz569 wrote: »
    56, tomorrow in Citywest.

    When did you you get your text? I'm 54 & didn't hear anything, hubby is 57 & was vaccinated yesterday in citywest. He got his text on sat


  • #2


    Xander10 wrote: »
    Everybody in the 50-59 age bracket get the same vaccine. I just would have thought, logically, they they would deal per oldest registration date first. Seems to be just the way the HSE deal witk a lot of things.

    Not true. I know a couple of 59 year olds who have had the AZ and a couple of 58 years olds scheduled to get Pfizer tomorrow and Friday.

    Going round in circles



  • #2


    Xander10 wrote: »
    Everybody in the 50-59 age bracket get the same vaccine. I just would have thought, logically, they they would deal per oldest registration date first. Seems to be just the way the HSE deal witk a lot of things.

    Not at all. I know a husband and wife 58 & 56. Same MVC. He got AZ while she got Pfizer


  • #2


    Orchids wrote: »
    When did you you get your text? I'm 54 & didn't hear anything, hubby is 57 & was vaccinated yesterday in citywest. He got his text on sat

    I only got it this morning about 9.30am.


  • #2


    wiz569 wrote: »
    I only got it this morning about 9.30am.

    Great thanks, I can't wait for mine


  • #2


    Orchids wrote: »
    When did you you get your text? I'm 54 & didn't hear anything, hubby is 57 & was vaccinated yesterday in citywest. He got his text on sat

    I'm 54 as well, registered Sunday, Haven't heard back yet either.


  • #2


    I'm 54 as well, registered Sunday, Haven't heard back yet either.

    It depends on where you are. I had a 16 day wait between registering and getting an appointment.


  • #2


    Myself and partner both 51 registered today. They put in address for Dublin 13 and I put in for Dublin 9.

    Ooooh the Red Car and the Blue Cart had a race....


    I'll post back when a date is given. Exciting!

    I work with the public (when shops are open) so it would be handy to have.


  • #2


    Cork Lass wrote: »
    Not true. I know a couple of 59 year olds who have had the AZ and a couple of 58 years olds scheduled to get Pfizer tomorrow and Friday.

    Talk tonight on 6.1 also that 26000 single jab J & J will also be given out to the 50s age group rather than they go to waste.
    Would love to get one of those 'golden tickets'.


  • #2


    Fann Linn wrote: »
    Talk tonight on 6.1 also that 26000 single jab J & J will also be given out to the 50s age group rather than they go to waste.
    Would love to get one of those 'golden tickets'.
    There are a further 160K or so expected this month and the bulk nearer the end of June.


  • #2


    Brother is 60 and got his first jab on Monday. Brother in law is 61 and he's getting first on 16th. Sister 59 got jab a week ago & younger sister who is 51 got first jab before her. My wife 52 got her first jab two weeks ago. I am 54 & have worked in over 1500 peoples homes in the past 12 months and I have no appointment yet! Same GP as my wife.

    Like most things the HSE do, there seems to be no logic in the way they do things


  • #2


    Finding it hard to read all the appointments here as there are two people in my family who have not even got their first appointments yet, both 68/69, both with health issues. So the main question is, why have they moved on so quickly to people in their 40's and 50's when people in the 60's are still waiting to be called??


  • #2


    Age 57, getting Pfizer jab on Monday - Cork.

    Going round in circles



  • #2


    Finding it hard to read all the appointments here as there are two people in my family who have not even got their first appointments yet, both 68/69, both with health issues. So the main question is, why have they moved on so quickly to people in their 40's and 50's when people in the 60's are still waiting to be called??

    You need to ring up and ask the HSE. I complaining a lot about my mother's lack of appointment 2 weeks ago and she got a text that night with one. She is 69 and so many people we knew were getting it ahead of her.


  • #2


    Sammy2012 wrote: »
    You need to ring up and ask the HSE. I complaining a lot about my mother's lack of appointment 2 weeks ago and she got a text that night with one. She is 69 and so many people we knew were getting it ahead of her.


    That hasn't worked for us, we rang them twice!


  • #2


    Finding it hard to read all the appointments here as there are two people in my family who have not even got their first appointments yet, both 68/69, both with health issues. So the main question is, why have they moved on so quickly to people in their 40's and 50's when people in the 60's are still waiting to be called??

    You need to contact gp. If they have health issues gp should have put them on a list.

    Going round in circles



  • #2


    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Brother is 60 and got his first jab on Monday. Brother in law is 61 and he's getting first on 16th. Sister 59 got jab a week ago & younger sister who is 51 got first jab before her. My wife 52 got her first jab two weeks ago. I am 54 & have worked in over 1500 peoples homes in the past 12 months and I have no appointment yet! Same GP as my wife.

    Like most things the HSE do, there seems to be no logic in the way they do things

    Unless you've underlying conditions, your GP has nothing to do with it and you should have registered on the HSE site. If here are medical conditions ask the GP what criteria he/she's using.

    Your occupation has nothing to do with it.


  • #2


    I’m 60 in Waterford getting the vaccine on Sunday


  • #2


    That hasn't worked for us, we rang them twice!

    You're not persistent enough. A work colleague hounded her local GP morning noon or night. Even when she didn't get through she left messages on the machine. In the end they relented. Not that she was in any specific category, she just wanted it! She's been done since the end of March.
    Not really too keen on this and I wouldn't do it myself as I feel there are far more deserving people than me, but some people, would walk all over you.

    If your in the at risk category by all means go for it.


  • #2


    That hasn't worked for us, we rang them twice!

    That’s disgraceful. I really feel that there has been some inevitable mistakes but to compound it by not addressing it when alerted is unforgivable.


  • #2


    Cork Lass wrote: »
    You need to contact gp. If they have health issues gp should have put them on a list.
    Fann Linn wrote: »
    You're not persistent enough. A work colleague hounded her local GP morning noon or night. Even when she didn't get through she left messages on the machine. In the end they relented. Not that she was in any specific category, she just wanted it! She's been done since the end of March.
    Not really too keen on this and I wouldn't do it myself as I feel there are far more deserving people than me, but some people, would walk all over you.

    If your in the at risk category by all means go for it.


    We'll give the GP a try but to be honest it's sometimes very hard to get anywhere, receptionists are like brick walls at times but maybe they have to be. Our family are not the kind to 'hound' anyone though. We will try again.


  • #2


    Fann Linn wrote: »
    A work colleague hounded her local GP morning noon or night. Even when she didn't get through she left messages on the machine. In the end they relented. Not that she was in any specific category, she just wanted it! She's been done since the end of March.
    Your work colleague bullied her way to the head of the queue. She sounds lovely.


  • #2


    Jim_Hodge wrote:
    Unless you've underlying conditions, your GP has nothing to do with it and you should have registered on the HSE site. If here are medical conditions ask the GP what criteria he/she's using.


    That's not quite true. GPs are ringing people of all ages with leftover vaccines or are bumping people on the list. Daughters BF is around 30 and obese. He didn't qualify as medical risk so his GP told him to register & give date of birth as 70 year old. He had vaccination a day or two later. Daughter 29 & no medical conditions got one before him because her GP had extras. If she could get to the surgery the next day she would get vaccine. She got vaccine.

    It's all a bit of a mess


  • #2


    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    That's not quite true. GPs are ringing people of all ages with leftover vaccines or are bumping people on the list. Daughters BF is around 30 and obese. He didn't qualify as medical risk so his GP told him to register & give date of birth as 70 year old. He had vaccination a day or two later. Daughter 29 & no medical conditions got one before him because her GP had extras. If she could get to the surgery the next day she would get vaccine. She got vaccine.

    It's all a bit of a mess

    That has nothing to do with the issue at hand though.


  • #2


    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    That's not quite true. GPs are ringing people of all ages with leftover vaccines or are bumping people on the list. Daughters BF is around 30 and obese. He didn't qualify as medical risk so his GP told him to register & give date of birth as 70 year old. He had vaccination a day or two later. Daughter 29 & no medical conditions got one before him because her GP had extras. If she could get to the surgery the next day she would get vaccine. She got vaccine.

    It's all a bit of a mess

    Sounds a bit strange to me. The GP has clinical discretion so could just have given the vaccine to your daughter’s boyfriend if he had spare capacity, no questions asked. Why did the GP tell him to “register as a 70 year old”?

    There certainly are people without underlying conditions getting vaccinated, especially in rural areas where GPs have excess vaccines. But when you have lots of anecdotes, they can turn into Chinese whispers and stories end up making no sense.


  • #2


    You can't take everything at face value - lots of people don't want to disclose the reason they got an appointment for the vaccine with their GP. I wouldn't be shouting to everyone that I got the vaccine because I had uncontrolled diabetes for example.

    I also don't know if Cohort 7 has been forgotten - more unrealistic expectations set out by Government. They announced the cohorts so long ago but there was never a chance they would be done earlier than this month because of vaccine supply. Over 70's program still hasn't been finished and that took up the majority of the pfizer supply.


  • #2


    Jim_Hodge wrote:
    That has nothing to do with the issue at hand though.


    You just said that GPS have nothing to do with the vaccine. I was pointing out that they very much do.


Sign In or Register to comment.