Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane E-Tech

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

€31,000 .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

That's a 40kw battery, probably 225 KMs max range in the real world, could be a good bit less in cold weather and at motorway speeds, just so you know that. If that works fine for you, go for it.

No need to pay more for range you'll never need or use.

The longest journey we do is occasionally to Dublin airport and that's 80km each way

I have an old petrol unarond VW golf also so the 40kw should be grand for our requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Advertisement

advertised as 450km with 300km regained in 30 mins.

Even if a huge loss in cold weather that should more than suit you OP.

Handy as well if your wife’s workplace has charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

31k euro is for the 40 model, 60 models are dearer.

The 225kms I said is my estimate in real world range, not the wltp figure which you won't achieve anyway.

Up to the OP whether they want to pay extra for bigger battery, from description I don't think they need to

Yeah, with solar at home and if workplace charging is available you’d be mad not to I think (go with an EV I mean).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

The new Megane is quite nice but I’d stretch for the larger battery if you can. Otherwise I suspect you’ll be married to the car come selling up time.

40kWh is just too small a battery for a new car of that size/class in the minds of 99% of buyers, whether you actually need the range or not.

The larger battery will be far more practical for you too of course. To be honest, even 60 isn’t huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭yermanthere

Get a 231. Get the big battery. Haggle and it's yours for under 30 grand. Best of both worlds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭ffocused

You will likely need a charge stop on the way back from airport with the 40kw model in winter. If it’s your only car I would recommend spending an extra 5k to get the 60 kw.

I got one for my wife last month at the old price and it’s fine for our purposes as a second car, and the range is the only thing we are unhappy about.

a 90% charge is only giving 180kms on the GOM, but a motorway drive will bring that down a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭fafy

According the latest Price list, the entry level “Equlibre” trim 60kw, is just €3,300 more than the 40kw equivalent.

For “Techno” trim, the 60kw, is €3,500 extra than the 40kw.

https://www.renault.ie/CountriesData/Ireland/images/PDF/pricelists/Renault-Retail-Pricing-Jan-2024.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Get 300km in summer months, 200 or just under in winter, mine is creeping back up with the milder weather the last week or so, prob about 220 now.

Suits my needs but like mentioned already the problems come down the line trying to get rid..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Didn’t realise that along with the bigger battery, you also get 90 more horses for your 3.5k, that’s a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭gossamerfabric

facelift is in testing for release at end of year.

Renault have a great offering in the lower to middle end of the market now.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭gary29428

Folks, looking at a 222 Techno, do ye know if 22kW AC charging comes on this model....thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Stumper931

Believe it’s standard on them from launch. I was in looking at one today (new) and asked they said it is standard on the techno model but I’m pretty sure it has been standard from when first released.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gorevs

yes 22kW ac charging on all Megane e tech. all Zoes are 22kW as well. the new R5 will only be 11Kw ac

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭gossamerfabric

Mid life product improvements such as between 10 and 30km improved range through sharkfin antenna and new mirrors. some interior changes. new 18" eco wheels. improved audio.

specific details in French

http://worldscoop.forumpro.fr/t13556p550-2021-renault-megane-e-tech-electric-bcb#1054891

charging curve unchanged. 22kw charging becomes option with 7kw standard which is fine for me on a car that otherwise offers a better owning experience than most of the competition. range is from 320 to 480 across the batteries.

If looking for an EV in this size for delivery with 242 plate then it is really worth while looking at this and the refereshed Id.3/Born

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Surprised how small Mégane e-tech is compared to Leaf, and even their own Captur.

I am yet to test drive one, but is it going to big enough for two adults and two teenagers? We currently drive a Mégane Grand Tourer, which is just about enough room inside (and a great boot ofcourse). I wonder if Renault is planning a Grand Tourer version of this car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It's plenty big. Much more spacious than a Captur or a leaf.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Tech_Head

Scenic is the larger version and due out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i have one, it's bigger inside than the exterior suggests - our 3 tall teenagers are nice and comfy in the rear seats, and there's still plenty room for tall me in the front. My previous car was the saloon megane, there was less space in that i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Test drove one and while it's nice, it wasn't great - it could be because the 'demo' car already had 20k kms on it and looked very tired inside, or it could be the 20" wheels that's making the drive less smooth, or the stalk/controls partially blocking the screen - or it could be the asking price for a 231 was still around 35k, and the trade in for my own Renault was below expectation. Surprisingly the e-tech Megane felt less luxurious and less spacious than a Tata Nexon EV that I drove for a few weeks while away on holidays (costs 22k euro, 40kwh battery etc). Also the test drive was literally 5 minutes / 2km (with the sales guy coming with you) - expecting someone to spend 40k based on such a short test drive was a bit of a surprise.

Clearly a good looking car, more spacious inside, especially at the back than it looks from outside - but we decided against it in the end.

Advertisement