Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane E-Tech

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

My dealer gave the leather pouches for the key with a ring attachment

If it's storage dividers for the centre console, those are already there and moveable

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Anyone have trouble connecting to My Renault initially.?

Logging in on the screen, I put in my details and it just freezes with 'please wait' displayed. Waited 15-20 minutes but doesn't connect.

On the app, it recognises the car when I enter the VIN but not with the reg number..

Did read a uk forum that says it can take a bit of time, but been 8 days now and thought it would be activated by now.

Went on my first long journey over the weekend, Naas to Cork and back.

All was fine but on the way back a clicking started sounding from the dash, kind of like a solenoid going on and off. Anyone else had this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ya know, I thought about saying I wasn't and now regret it 😁

• Advertisement

Think I found the clicking noise, it is when the rear windscreen wipers are one, clicks when it leaves it's starting position and again when it gets back to the starting position.

Can anyone confirm if theirs does the same? I am convinced it only started doing this recently.

Clicking coming from behind the dash, to the right of the steering wheel.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The fuse box is below the steering wheel to right. It's behind the panel around the handbrake button so probably is a relay noise

Just convinced I never noticed it till last weekend. Do t want to look like a complete eejit if I get it looked at!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It’s the relay. Common on many cars built like the Renault.

Is it normal or something that needs to be looked at?

• Advertisement

Normal in my experience. But, considering it’s a new car, no harm mentioning it or checking it on another to compare. Just in case it’s a faulty relay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Post an Audio or Video clop here and ask other owners to check if theirs make the same clicking noise. That way you can establish if it’s a fault on your car or something you’ll have to live with. If you ask your dealer, you’ll likely be told “they’re all like that” and “turn up the radio and you won’t hear it”.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭moorele

Mine definitely does the clicking too. Only noticed recently when the radio was off. I thought it was possibly the regen clicking on & off but not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,684 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ye need to ask KildareMan if his does the same although I have not seen him in here in a while.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Will pop down to the dealer at the weekend and check the test drive car sure

If it only clicks when you turn the wiper off and on then I wouldn't worry about it as its only a relay behind the handbrake button

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

have mine 2 weeks and getting on grand. still a lot to learn in general.

does anyone know if or think it might be relatively straightforward to retro fit a wireless charger to an equilbre model? The rubber mat comes out, there's a wired plastic rectangle that also comes out - i assume if i could get my hands on a compatible wireless charger with those dimensions it could be wired to the car? Or maybe not...

Post edited by ablelocks on

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

I'm back...

Can't say I 've heard a noise from the fuse box to be honest. I don't tend to leave the rear wiper running, just wipe and look.

I've added a Nextbase dash cam bundle and was in the fuse box adding a piggy back fuse for power. Easy fit - when you have the correct fuse holder (micro).

Dropping into dealer for motor software update tomorrow (0.2.1)

Still no news from Renault when the charging software upgrade will be out.

my dealer hadn't heard about the software upgrade for the charger, but he did give me the following settings to change in the charger. I've only done one charge with it after that - not sure if it was a result of the changes or it just happened to go ok. (another charge due tomorrow)

in the Zappi menu.

menu - other settings - advanced - 0000 - compatibility mode - and set everything as follows . . .

active - on 

min pwm- (change to 6.0a)

power factor - 0.85

end charge - (change to 40 sec)

infinite - pwm on

(however, i don't have infinite listed on mine)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Most dealers don't know about it. I know Joe Mallon do know about it as I told them and sales guy experienced it himself. Only effects some makes of charger. Renault have held up their hands on it and have developed software upgrade for car but have yet to release it. Initially said it would be a dealer update then it would be a OTA update. Waiting. I'll try those settings on the zappi tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jlang

How does the Android Automotive on the Techno level get a data connection for Google Maps and stuff? i.e. is there a sim built in or does it need a phone to be present for Bluetooth or hotspot connection? Is there any ongoing cost or renewal subscription? Is it much different to standard Android Auto?

The SIM only gives connection to the Google apps so Spotify etc won't work unless you tether your phone using wifi hotspot

Android Auto is easier!

charged first time - again, i can't be sure if that's a result of the changes to the settings or just luck

this offer is available again for cars registered in the month of August.

(note, if you bought in July, a nicely worded email to Renault might get you the offer too...worked for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ML23

Hi, I have the megane etech techno ev 60 - I’m just wondering when everyone charges their car to 100% can you tell me what range it gives you when it’s at 100% on the dash and you have set the trip counter back to 0 before your start driving….i know ill never get the actual 450kms in range but surely when you charge your car to 100% its should read 450km or at least somewhere very close to it…anyone else share their 100% charging range before any driving is done. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ML23

Hi, I have the megane etech techno ev 60 - I’m just wondering when everyone charges their car to 100% can you tell me what range it gives you when it’s at 100% on the dash and you have set the trip counter back to 0 before your start driving….i know ill never get the actual 450kms in range but surely when you charge your car to 100% its should read 450km or at least somewhere very close to it…can anyone else share their 100% charging range before any driving is done. Thanks in advance

430km on the last one I seen just after charging

Renault offering an additional €3500 discount currently. Basically matching the SEAI Grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,862 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement

I don’t know to be honest. The RRP starts at 39ish but I’m sure there’s dealer charges on top

Advertisement