Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane E-Tech

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭ffocused

Thanks for clarifying and answering the question.

A bit disappointed by the winter range, but it will still work with its intended usage as second car for school run etc as she is averaging about 120km’s a week in her current car.

You answered your own question there, it’s smaller and does not have 22kw charging which is what makes the lower range workable.

Its also not a nice looking car compared to the Megane and lacks a drivers information display, but I will admit it costs a bit less then I had assumed as Volvo list it as 45k on website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Anyone any idea what the recent software update was for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

If someone is only doing 120km a week then range isn't an issue. You'll have a full battery each night, unless you're relying on the public charging network which is a terrible idea.

I know this, but the all knowing internet seems to know better!

It will be charged once a week for free along with my EV6 on ESB weekender smart plan. It might need an occasional charge midweek in cold weather but that will not be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tbh your fairly sarky for people pointing out validly that you'll lose your nuts on that car. People giving you honest valid feedback and you don't seem to appreciate facts.

As I pointed out. It's a niche car and perfect for local travel. You were throwing out some use cases of longer journeys. It's simply not made for that. It's a grand vehicle for someone nipping to shops and local school drops. That's it. And even at that it's stupidly overpriced.

The volvo is a better buy and prob keep better value too..

But.. the Internet... or something

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭moorele

I think it was to fix the issue with zappi chargers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

another update today - to 2.something

is there any way to find out what the update is for - renault site not showing anything on a quick glance...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Have the same issue, no clue what was in the update!

Renault have given this car a significant price cut from today and it now starts at just over €31k for 40kw base model.

If you are waiting for delivery I would suggest contacting your dealer and see if they will honour the new price.

I took delivery on Friday at old price so am not best pleased and have emailed Renault to see if they are willing to do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Seems like a fairly drastic drop? 39k for top spec now where as it was over 50k in November, or am I reading this totally wrong? November list below for reference

I'd say add on deliveries etc into that. It's probably an 8k drop on the models.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think that is a much truer reflection of the value of the Renault and I'd expect to see a good few more on the roads now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Price probably needed to drop to make room for the new Scenic.

Scenic is something like 42 k sterling in Uk for a bigger car with an 87 kwh battery.

Edit

Scenic prices in UK.

Those are for 87 kwh cars too.

I'm sure the Irish price in euros will be very strong but UK offering gives some context for this price cut for Megane

https://www.carwow.co.uk/renault/scenic/news/6113/new-renault-scenic-price-specs-release-date#gref

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Those new prices are much more realistic, as said before the old prices were far too high in the current market. Still don't know why they're bothering bringing in the 40 though.

@ffocused fingers crossed you find a sympathetic person in Renault.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That's the risk you take with buying a new car house etc. The prices can go up or down depending on the market.

Did any of the people who bought a Tesla before the huge price reductions last year get anything back? I doubt it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

Don't ask, don't get. The poor poster will probably still get the shaft but he's only out the time for writing the email at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes very true. Hard to know what Renault would or could do though. Give him a voucher or a free service and a valet or something.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

It would be worse if had had paid cash, but in reality all I have lost is most of the equity I had in trade in at this point.

I also doubt that the cars value will be anywhere near its GMFV of €22K after 3 years (which is higher than my Kia EV6!)

I will probably end up handing the keys back after 3 years and treat it as a lease instead of PCP.

Still waiting for response from Renault, but not holding my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭insullation

Tesla Y can now be got for 42K. That should lead to more downward pressure on second cars.

It's good that the took out that ridiculous 'savings based price' and show actual purchase price now. That system was ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭sk8board

I wonder what’s the reasoning behind pricing the Y the same as the 3. Sales of the 3 would surely suffer you’d have to think, unless they plan to drop its price too, or push the Y back up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Is there not a revised Y coming later this year? Perhaps they have plenty of the current stock to sell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

Are Renault still matching the SEAI grant? If not, then this price cut is not quite as good as it might seem

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭daarmcd

Was looking at importing a July 2023 model from NI but the revenue OMSP is 48k so there is 2k VRT on it.

Kearys are selling the same car new for 39k

https://www.kearys.ie/renault/new-cars/all-new-renault-megane-e-tech/

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

From history, the OMSP has always been exaggerated by revenue..normally you would have to pay the VRT and then appeal providing 3 examples of what the real OMSP really should be

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭pandabat

I believe that Revenue actually did an exercise in the last year or two revising the figures as they'd been undervalued for a few years with the second-hand car price inflation during COVID/initial Ukraine invasion. Seems that the market is changing again right now though - especially in relation to EV pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

My wife saw on social media that Renault have dropped 10k off the new E Megane and she wants to get our first EV.

We just had solar fitted to our detached home.

We don't do high mileage as she works within 10km of homend i use a company vehicle for work.

We plan to purchase for cash

Any thoughts/tips appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

How much were they advertising for?

I saw one at the nevo show yesterday, they look like a nice car

If they are under 35k they are good value I feel

Advertisement