Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane E-Tech

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Electric seats aren't a big deal, I wouldn't go out of my way to spec them but if a car already has it the extra levels of adjustment are nice. I got electric seats in my Born just to have the alcantara material, being able to tilt the seat base and having better lumbar support is nice but I wouldn't miss it.

One thing to note, manual seats in cars seem to be getting less features recently. In the Born for example there's no lumbar at all on the basic seats and there's also no adjustable thigh support. Some cars don't have passenger height adjustment. Something worth double checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭silver_sky

My current car is a Zoe which has no height adjustment or lumbar, only the angle of the back. I was really considering the Megane at one point until some frankly shocking dealings with Renault, RCI (now Mobilize Finance), and one of their dealers. Seeing the spec offering and pricing for Ireland I probably would not have gone for it anyways. It looks like a lovely car but I think Renault Ireland have missed the mark. Hopefully future spec is improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Electric seats with no profiles is a deal breaker with me. 3 drivers (and an occasional 4th) for our car.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭GusGus

Only 4 sold in February- is there a significant delay or are they just not selling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,648 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

You might be saved from the Crossovers with a fastback like the Citroen C5 X or Peugeot 408 or if they are two big or two expensive for you there is always the Citroen C4-X.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Fully refundable deposit put down today on one - Delivery due April. If we change our minds we can still cancel.

Still have the Niro K3 in mind, would have a small bit extra room in back seat by the looks but based on reviews the Megane wins for us overall I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gorevs

could you share what list price you were given? there seems to be confusion as to whether the price rise is in effect or whether it has been paused. with only 4 deliveries in February looks like majority of people who have preordered haven't got their cars yet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,149 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It'll be when I'm in my 70s before I contemplate one out of choice rather than necessity!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gorevs

Spoke to a dealer in the west, confirmed that the price rise of 2k has been put off till the 1st of May, stocks arriving to dealers in next few weeks if anyone was thinking of purchasing. looks like people who ordered last year will now get their vehicles at launch price which is only right and fair. should start to see some of them on the road over next month or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Mine ready for collection on Monday but it'll have to wait for a week for various reasons (my end)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nhatrang

I was test driving EV60 in mid January Launch Edition price was 51,854 that seems much more than other people were being given by their dealers as price, Am I right?.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Yup got it today. Been driving and playing.

Great fun.

Ms

Very good.

Well wear and I hope it gives you many miles of happy driving.

Any chance of a picture?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Here you go

Ms

Very nice. Well wear.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

looks smart - great colour as well, herself is keen to take one out for a test drive soon as she is a long term Megane owner. Well wear !

• Advertisement
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Today's observations.

The posted speed limit on the dash is not always accurate.

When the no overtaking sign shows up on the dash is the European version - the red car on the right, not the left.

Still a hoot to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I had that in my last 2 Renaults as well, I put it down to bad signage !

On the N7 at Newlands cross for example, there is a 60 speed sign for a slip road and then an obscured 100 sign which the car does not see

Not gonna do 60 on that road !

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭moorele

Scheduled charging and clocks going forward...

I have my car set to charge from 0800 on Saturday mornings (as i have free electricity on Saturdays from 0800 and 2300). This is set in the car settings. Home charger is a basic EO mini (not smart). Car has charged every week, no problem. Clocks went forward this week. Clock time in the car updated automatically. This morning charging didn't kick in until 0900 so something somewhere hasn't registered the clocks going forward. Any suggestions?? Not a major issue but would be nice to rectify.

Met another Megane today. Convoy of the 2 of us. Although mine is the quickest Shadow grey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

First time the full range has gone over the 400km mark. Haven't reset trip meter in about 1800km. Warmer weather and learning to drive more efficiently has definitely helped. Now reading 18kwh/100km

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Then you're not going to get 400kms are you?

GOM and range....need to untangle the two really, almost unrelated on some cars.

Can you explain for me? First EV so genuinely looking to understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

60kWh battery ÷ 18kWh efficiency = 333km.

Similar example my Born has a 58kWh battery, currently getting around 15kWh which would be 386km at 100%.

GOM is just an indication of what you'll get based on recent trips. If you have one or two good days of driving if could show a high number that you won't get if you drive on a few wet and windy days. It's not an issue in day to day driving. I just charge my car between 15-20% I don't really care what the range says.

Advertisement