Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane E-Tech

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭silver_sky

It's basically the modern equivalent to the Leaf. If you look at dimensions it's very close to the Leaf 40. Wheelbase is the same for one.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Good size comparison of the 3, don't let the SUV marketing term make you think the Niro is bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Leaf's overhangs are much bigger than the others. Especially noticeable on the front.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Doesn't take away from the fact they're 3 very similar sized cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭fafy

How exactly does 3 years free road tax work, is it just €360, take. off the price ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’d say so. Built into the financials of the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Thats the dealer I went to. They said they are still trying to work out how it will operate in practice!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Just coming upto 2 months ownership (tomorrow)

4,500km

May's consumption is 15.1wh per 100km (151 w per km)

I did a ceramic coating on it which seems to be working well. Certainly appears cleaner without washing and the paintwork feels slippery.

Is great to drive. I'm seeing more around now on a daily basis.

Just need Renault to hurry up with the firmware upgrade for the scheduled charging and I'll be totally happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭Ryath

That's a handy site. Don't think there's as much difference interior space wise though. Meganes wheelbase is only 15mm shorter @ 2685 vs 2700mm for Leaf.

A lot of the Leafs extra length is in the over hangs, the bonnet seams especially longer. The boots are a similar size at 440L vs 435L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭jimmyging

Hi all, I hope this doesn't derail the thread but my friend has just bought a renault megane etech and has installed a zappi charger in their driveway .His charging experience thus far has been sporadic to say the least .It seems to keep coming up with an error of "charging delayed" which then stops the charging process inexplicably ,it then might later on start charging again .Have any of you etech owners experienced anything similar and if so is there a fix ?Any advice would be much appreciated as he is tearing his hair out with this .

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

I won't have my Megane until July, but have been looking into this issue as I have a Zappi already. An issue has been identified with the Megane (not the Zappi charger) which Renault is working with Myenergi to resolve. A fix was supposed to be tested on Monday but there was an issue with the test kit, so it has been put back by a couple of weeks.

I ordered my car on Saturday and the Sales Manager in the dealership was aware of it, as he has the same Megane and Zappi combo. His experience is that it works if you plug in and charge straight away, but there can be delays with scheduled charging. There are a couple of workarounds posted on Facebook groups, but it seems to be trial and error to find one that works for you. Let us know how your friend gets on!

Just got a call, picking her up tomorrow ☺️

This is a known problem that Renault have admitted is their problem, having worked with myenergi to identify the problem. Renault are currently working on an over the air firmware update to resolve. I just head out after 11pm and plug in for an instant/fast (Megane/Zappi settings) charge. Sometimes it starts 1st go, sometimes "delayed charge" so unplug / plugin and try again. Worst ever was 6 attempts before charge started. Even then I was back inside within 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭spudwiser

Is it just the zappi charger that's impacted? What about public charging?

Some people reported issues with some public chargers but the consensus is those instances were fat finger problems / actual charger issues. I've the Zappi issue but I've not had any issues using public chargers. Coming onto 5,000km in just over 2 months

200km done and averaging 13.7

For May I did 2,184.3km with an average of 151 W per km

• Registered Users Posts: 1 richardwarren

Similar issues here with Zappi charger. Any update does anyone know? Really disappointed garage never mentioned this to me. Hearing about it here! Charge Delayed message regularly pops up, head wrecking!

Recent issue with drive mode not responding while driving. In Eco press to change to Sport, nothing. Then 5/10 mins later the display shows the drive mode scrolling through the various options! Like Russian roulette 😳 also happens with volume control on stalk and all functions of touch screen. It’s like what might happen to your pc from time to time. Freezes then decides to work 5 mins later acting on all the buttons you’ve previously pressed. Extremely dangerous as missus found out a few weeks ago when radio volume increased to MAX and drive mode switched to Eco all while overtaking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

The latest update I have seen on the Zappi issue:

Good afternoon,

I hope this finds you well. 

I have received internal feedback to confirm the software has been developed and is currently in its final stage of testing. We anticipate the update will be available through July. With any software testing stage, this can be subject to change, but at present, we are confident it will be available in July. 

I will continue to monitor internal feedback and I will update you again on the 3rd of July. 

I would like to thank you for your ongoing patience. It is greatly appreciated. 

Kind regards, 

Executive Agent 

Renault UK

I've seen reports of the same issue with volume control, but don't know if it is resolved with updated software...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,690 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seen a lovely white 231 in town today OY Reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Seen a few around Galway,great looking car

From the MyEnergi CEO - 14-6-23:

Some good news to share.

The testing yesterday with Renault went very well and the updated Megane charged perfectly in all cases. 

Renault are now hoping for the software release to be available beginning of July. 

However, to avoid disappointment, they have asked that customers with Meganes do not to contact their dealer until further notice confirming the software is available.

At this point we understand that the update will require a visit to the dealer however Renault will provide more details once they are ready for the firmware to be formally released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Programmed charge tends to fail for us most of the time. However you can just unlock the car with the key and re-lock it and it should start. No need to go out to plug it in after 11.

No doesn't work for me. In any case you would still need to be up at 11 to see charging had started or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Nightmare situation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

will be getting the equilibre 60kwh at the end of the month - first EV so if anyone has any advice, tips etc i'd appreciate. will be reading thru this forum over the next few weeks trying to get up to speed on EV driving generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭spudwiser

My Megane is due in the next couple of weeks so I'm in the same boat.

What colour did you go for?

I've found some accessories on amazon that look useful. Things like a storage area dividers and key covers (with a key ring attachment as the Renault keys don't have this.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Best of luck. Get a tethered home charger would be my biggest suggestion. Don't be pulling your own cables out of the boot every time you go to charge.

Do a bit of research on your home electricity tariff too.

Find out what chargers are on the routes where you might do long drives and need to public charge and sign up for them, they all have phone apps.

I have e cars, ionity, monta. This can be a bit confusing but ask here when you get the car.

Things like timed and scheduled charging etc will come to you with time, don't worry straight away.

Apart from that it just becomes another car and you don't even think of it as an EV. I don't know anything about the Renault in particular

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

We've just had our home charger installed. It's an autel unit rather than a zappi. I've set the car to instant charge and using the timer in the EVSE it appears to launch on time correctly with no interference from us (so far a 100% record.... 1 time!).

Advertisement