Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosted after a few good dates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭raclle

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    The return of bars and clubs would be good for single guys as the competition is tough on apps these days!
    That's generally harder for people in their 30s and 40s

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

YellowLead wrote: »
    I just assumed that poster was having a little joke.... :)

No man. All 100% true....Jesus I couldnt make up that stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Winter Potatoe

I'm surpriised this thread is still on the go. Don't girls do this to guys all the time in order to validate their egos?

There seems to be a common thread there..... Have you ever had a NON Polish girl date?! :eek:

:pac: :pac:

Oh absolutely. Just seems to be that the crazy stand out ones happened to be Polish.

I was left with the distinct impression after those dates that Polish women all wanted something and there was always an angle. It felt more like a business transaction and they would make you jump through a lot of hoops.

Best to stick with your own I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

raclle wrote: »

It's the culture we live in unfortunately. It's a choice between drinking at weekends, dating apps or social clubs, two of which are pretty much non existent these days. Hence the rise of dating apps and all the flaws they bring. I'm glad I escaped the dating world when I did but I really do feel for guys who are not above average in looks these days as they are not getting the superstar treatment average looking girls are getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »

It's the culture we live in unfortunately. It's a choice between drinking at weekends, dating apps or social clubs, two of which are pretty much non existent these days. Hence the rise of dating apps and all the flaws they bring. I'm glad I escaped the dating world when I did but I really do feel for guys who are not above average in looks these days as they are not getting the superstar treatment average looking girls are getting.

You come across a little bitter over "average" girls getting attention on these apps tbh. If it makes you feel any better I, as a man, often ignore messages and have stopped talking to people when I just couldn't be bothered any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭KeepItLight

when i was in Brazil I was constantly getting tinder matches with women that would have been way out of my league here. after a while i started just ignoring messages because i just couldn't be arsed, so i can totally see why women are generally much less attentive to their matches.
    lads shouldn't get pissed off about it because if the roles were reversed they would be just as picky

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

when i was in Brazil I was constantly getting tinder matches with women that would have been way out of my league here. after a while i started just ignoring messages because i just couldn't be arsed, so i can totally see why women are generally much less attentive to their matches.
    lads shouldn't get pissed off about it because if the roles were reversed they would be just as picky

Why were you attractive to Brazilian women?

Would they know much about Ireland?

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Why were you attractive to Brazilian women?

no idea, maybe the paler complexion? they would message in Portuguese so they thought i was Brazilian, at least initially.
    Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Would they know much about Ireland?

about what you'd expect, some had friends/relations who are here and wanted to visit sometime. some thought that it meant i was British and that they 'loved the UK'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Brazilian women usually only match to improve their English.

• Advertisement

no idea, maybe the paler complexion? they would message in Portuguese so they thought i was Brazilian, at least initially.

about what you'd expect, some had friends/relations who are here and wanted to visit sometime. some thought that it meant i was British and that they 'loved the UK'

In these situations you gotta play the old superior race/colonial oppressor card. Heavily imply that as you are white you are loaded..that's what they expect.

Brazilian women usually only match to improve their English.

maybe here. not in Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭ulster

What's it to you?

He's a "Top Tier" man so you have to answer him.

So top tier that his salary isn't worth mentioning a hahahaha.

ulster wrote: »
    He's a "Top Tier" man so you have to answer him.

So top tier that his salary isn't worth mentioning a hahahaha.

It seems I rattled you without even intending it. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Not if you go to the right bars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

When I used a dating app I intentionally went against what my standard "type" would be. I wanted to try something new... The thing was though as nice as some of the lads were, when we met in person there was no spark of attraction.. FYI they were all what I considered to be good looking guys but just didn't do it for me.

Just to say; I hate the idea of talking about people on a scale based off their looks.. I know that is what those apps are all about but still its not how it is in the REAL work. In saying that, I have GF of all shapes, sizes, and points on the scale of beauty. All of them get a LOT of likes on these apps. I think that men like 9/10 women they come across whether they are in to them or not. Ups the chances of getting a date/sex.

Just to say; I hate the idea of talking about people on a scale based off their looks.. I know that is what those apps are all about but still its not how it is in the REAL work. In saying that, I have GF of all shapes, sizes, and points on the scale of beauty. All of them get a LOT of likes on these apps. I think that men like 9/10 women they come across whether they are in to them or not. Ups the chances of getting a date/sex.

This is so true. Some men have been saying it’s easier for women on dating apps - but that all depends what you are after. A casual shag? For sure - at the tip of your fingertips. Somebody to date? Much tougher as you have to weed out all of the just want a shag guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Was chatting to a nice girlie there for a while the past few days, then next thing she gone completely. No sign of the message thread or her profile or nothing. Must have frickin' blocked me out of the blue. What in the bejaysus makes em this fickle?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Was chatting to a nice girlie there for a while the past few days, then next thing she gone completely. No sign of the message thread or her profile or nothing. Must have frickin' blocked me out of the blue. What in the bejaysus makes em this fickle?

Maybe she deleted her profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Jafin

Best not to put too much thought into it. Somebody messaged me on a dating app yesterday (one where you can just message anybody, you don't have to match with them) and I didn't see the notification until about half an hour after the message was received. When I went in to the app to look at it he had already deleted his profile. :confused: :pac:

People do weird things.

• Advertisement

I matched with someone last night. I got one reply when she questioned my age. I confirmed and haven't heard back. In my experience 90% of the time I'll never hear from them again. I admit I look young for my age but I didn't think it would deter people especially ones in their late 30s

I matched with someone last night. I got one reply when she questioned my age. I confirmed and haven't heard back. In my experience 90% of the time I'll never hear from them again. I admit I look young for my age but I didn't think it would deter people especially ones in their late 30s

Does the app not show your age?

Does the app not show your age?
    It does but she prob didn't believe me :D

It does but she prob didn't believe me :D

Take it as a compliment I suppose!

Maybe be realistic in your age settings? You haven’t said what age you are but even if you look young etc but are 65, you won’t really get 30 somethings willing to date you (unless you are filthy rich lol)

Also if you are a good bit older though younger women might find you attractive - if they know you are a certain age they might assume you don’t want kids and if it’s something they want they will just pass on by...

I'm mid thirties

I'm mid thirties

Ah sorry - so it is the opposite problem! I’m 36 and wouldn’t date younger - 35 at a push so not surprised late 30s women wouldn’t all be comfortable with a younger man. (Sex - fine. Dating - no)
    Sure you have a whole cache of 25 - mid 30s you can date, or are you looking for older specifically?

I'm actually 37 but like to call it mid thirties so I don't sound too old xD

I have my preferences set to between 30-40. I wouldn't date younger than 30...seems a bit wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

The issue is there are heaps of young guys now on the dating sites with their age set as older (late 30s/40s) in order to get past any age limits women have set. I'm talking 20 something year olds. I had 2 lads that were particularly bad, they were registering on one app several times a week overva period of months to swipe right on me to the point of making me extremely uncomfortable.
    Likely she didn't believe you, you wouldn't believe how frequent an issue this has become. The sites should ban anyone very obviously lying. This is the thing with online dating, you are suffering for the sins of those that came before you.

• Advertisement

sassyj wrote: »
    Likely she didn't believe you, you wouldn't believe how frequent an issue this has become. The sites should ban anyone very obviously lying. This is the thing with online dating, you are suffering for the sins of those that came before you.
    Would it help if sites implement an age verification?

Advertisement