Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosted after a few good dates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

OP, I think you need to get to the bottom of this. I suggest contacting everyone on her friends list expressing your concern for her behaviour.

If any one of her friends fails to respond, you should then contact all of that person's friends expressing your heartfelt concern.

Repeat the process until you have total and absolute closure. Leave no stone unturned.

Good luck.

*Tips fedora*

no way man. thats weak. you gotta be stone cold with these hoes.
    you aint weak. you aint no rube. and your penis is big enough.

you dont need anyone. nobody. daddy did love you. they check up on you, you dont check up on them.

*tips pimp goblet.

85603 wrote: »
    no way man. thats weak. you gotta be stone cold with these hoes.
    you aint weak. you aint no rube. and your penis is big enough.

you dont need anyone. nobody. daddy did love you. they check up on you, you dont check up on them.

*tips pimp goblet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭sporina

this thread would definitely be better off in the PI forum ekk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

The one? How many episodes of Dawson's Creek op did you watch when you were younger?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

sporina wrote: »
    this thread would definitely be better off in the PI forum ekk

Or creative writing. I'm not sure I believe it anymore.

• Advertisement

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Or creative writing. I'm not sure I believe it anymore.

really? why?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

JoChervil wrote: »
    I think it is more about leaving a space to breathe. I always escaped from men, who were too intense too soon. I felt suffocated...

Yeah you're right that can be it too which makes sense (I myself broke up with a girl who got huffy that I didn't text back quick enough and lost the rag when I told her I never got a text).

really? why?

After the confrontation on the tractor incident was brought to light my eyebrow raised a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭sully123

After the confrontation on the tractor incident was brought to light my eyebrow raised a bit.

Like the time Miley goasted Fidelma in Glenroe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭raclle

JoChervil wrote: »
    I think it is more about leaving a space to breathe. I always escaped from men, who were too intense too soon. I felt suffocated...
    Did you see that incident on the news earlier about the woman being raped on a tinder date at home :eek:

• Advertisement

i know its in the after hours forum but I think he's for real..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It's bulls*t. Just another tall tale. Probably just another Mr fenigan.
    Besides the op has been using boards for nearly 3 years. More than long enough to realise if you want to have a serious thread you don't post it in after hours. Could have easily posted it on personal issues or something.

But, and I can't help but take this moment to reference the user who said I was taking this thread arseways. Well mate, you believed a whole load of horses*it as truth. As I say, define irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Feisar wrote: »
    All joking aside, at the end of the day she didn't/doesn't owe you anything. Manners are nice but not an obligation.

A little bit of respect is an expectation, I'm not sure I'd like to live in a world devoid of empathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Johnnytractors

It's bulls*t. Just another tall tale. Probably just another Mr fenigan.
    Besides the op has been using boards for nearly 3 years. More than long enough to realise if you want to have a serious thread you don't post it in after hours. Could have easily posted it on personal issues or something.

But, and I can't help but take this moment to reference the user who said I was taking this thread arseways. Well mate, you believed a whole load of horses*it as truth. As I say, define irony.

Hi, I normally don’t engage with people who act like chauvinist pigs but here goes. I’m sorry, I am not an expert in using boards but if you read the thread from the start you will see that I have replied to a comment who previously stated that I should have used a different section. I mainly use boards for farming purposes mainly down to machinery purchases on the farm before new equipment is bought. Checking out peoples opinions etc.

Secondly, i wouldn’t have posted it on a public forum asking for advice if it wasn’t true. I posted it looking for advice and seeing what did people do in similar situations as I was looking for advice. Everything that I relaid out here has happened but looks like i won’t be use boards anymore.

And lastly, if you think I made this up, I regret to inform you it’s 100% true. I have better things to be doing at the moment with in excess of 1000 acres of tillage crops with spraying and fertilising them at the minute. If you must know, some people have messaged me privately as it has happened to them both male and female and I have been chatting to them. Now goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭JoChervil

i know its in the after hours forum but I think he's for real..

I more and more doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Hi, I normally don’t engage with people who act like chauvinist pigs but here goes. I’m sorry, I am not an expert in using boards but if you read the thread from the start you will see that I have replied to a comment who previously stated that I should have used a different section. I mainly use boards for farming purposes mainly down to machinery purchases on the farm before new equipment is bought. Checking out peoples opinions etc.

Secondly, i wouldn’t have posted it on a public forum asking for advice if it wasn’t true. I posted it looking for advice and seeing what did people do in similar situations as I was looking for advice. Everything that I relaid out here has happened but looks like i won’t be use boards anymore.

And lastly, if you think I made this up, I regret to inform you it’s 100% true. I have better things to be doing at the moment with in excess of 1000 acres of tillage crops with spraying and fertilising them at the minute. If you must know, some people have messaged me privately as it has happened to them both male and female and I have been chatting to them. Now goodbye.

Don't mind em Johnny. They're not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Fair play. Fck the begrudgers. They wait till you post something then pick holes in everything you say. That's why I don't start threads anymore.

Fair play. Fck the begrudgers. They wait till you post something then pick holes in everything you say. That's why I don't start threads anymore.
    Of course some will be sceptical as the narrative doesn't really fit. She blocks him and then decides to stalk him? A chance meeting in a random field? Can you not see how that's perceived? I'm not saying OP is lying but it looks a bit odd

raclle wrote: »
    Of course some will be sceptical as the narrative doesn't really fit. She blocks him and then decides to stalk him? A chance meeting in a random field? Can you not see how that's perceived? I'm not saying OP is lying but it looks a bit odd

Do you actually know what stalking means? stalking is following someone to their house and abusing them. She bumped into him and was acting odd.

Do you actually know what stalking means?
    I'm only using the term others have described it as

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Let's see.

- You say you have better things to be doing like "in excess of 1000 acres of tillage crops with spraying and fertilising them at the minute" - and people still think this is a real thread? :pac: he's taking the piss as he tells me off :pac:
    To be fair, he is living the gimmick with a name like JohnnyTractors. Fair play.

She bumped into him and was acting odd.
    Really? Have another look over the thread. OP said she WFH in Clare and you believe she randomly bumps into him in a field in Limerick. I'm not trying to pick holes in a story that has holes

Looks like the thread has run its course but some people are addicted to the drama and are trying to keep it going by coming up with conspiracies to discredit the OP.

Fairly run of the mill internet forum sh1tfcukery really, along with the tired old trick of trying to rile someone up to the point that they retaliate and get themselves banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Had similar thing happen to me 2 weeks ago, was texting for a while and had arranged to meet. The previous day she didn't reply to my last text, the following day we were meant to meet still no response to mondays text, then on the Wednesday she unmatched me on tinder. I just text to say best of luck with college but thought she could have let me know she no longer wanted to meet up as we had agreed. rather than just ghosting me. Then she replied saying she had no credit and was so busy with college and the tinder unmatch she does to guys she texts. basically started accusing me of being immature and jumping to conclusions and was shocked by my message(which was polite btw) and was turned off completely now she said. She didn't reply and then unmatched me, i thought it as a logical conclusion that she was now not interested. She had previously said a guy ghosted her so wasn't expecting it from her, just tell people you are no longer interested, its fairest way all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭con___manx1

It sounds like you were looking for something really serious and maybe she wasn't.
    Never chase if you don't get a reply. If a girl likes you she will message eventually. If not it's not ment to be.
    That has worked for me many times. If you chase u look to keen and its boring for women. If you don't chase it wrecks their head trust me.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Had similar thing happen to me 2 weeks ago, was texting for a while and had arranged to meet. The previous day she didn't reply to my last text, the following day we were meant to meet still no response to mondays text, then on the Wednesday she unmatched me on tinder. I just text to say best of luck with college but thought she could have let me know she no longer wanted to meet up as we had agreed. rather than just ghosting me. Then she replied saying she had no credit and was so busy with college and the tinder unmatch she does to guys she texts. basically started accusing me of being immature and jumping to conclusions and was shocked by my message(which was polite btw) and was turned off completely now she said. She didn't reply and then unmatched me, i thought it as a logical conclusion that she was now not interested. She had previously said a guy ghosted her so wasn't expecting it from her, just tell people you are no longer interested, its fairest way all round.

Yea that is a common angle ghosters will take if you confront them.

I've had a good few of them recently ghosting after agreeing to meet up. Maybe the agreement to meet is the validation they're all after

raclle wrote: »
    Really? Have another look over the thread. OP said she WFH in Clare and you believe she randomly bumps into him in a field in Limerick. I'm not trying to pick holes in a story that has holes

It was near a school. I'm not answering anymore. This isn't Murder She Wrote for morons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

The OP seems like a nice lad - doesn't hurt to reciprocate instead of looking for confrontation.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I feel pretty sorry for people who use dating apps like tinder and such, there’s a lot of instant rejection and ghosting - which I think is a selfish, cowardly way of breaking contact with another human being.

• Advertisement

Looks like the thread has run its course but some people are addicted to the drama and are trying to keep it going by coming up with conspiracies to discredit the OP.
    Conspiracies :D

You point out one little discrepancy and the bigots come out.
    The OP seems like a nice lad - doesn't hurt to reciprocate instead of looking for confrontation.
    He really does and I'm not trying to have a go at him. I hope it is true and he's not offended by this

Advertisement