Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

it is when your 'searching' never goes beyond facebook and twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Anything not on facebook or twitter or info wars is obviously fake news though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Unless it's from an official stats body and shows big numbers that you can misread as showing lots of cases of reactions to the vaccines. But from the same stats body and showing low numbers of deaths and cases its clearly fake because they are saving the deaths up to list another time, or if the numbers are big then its clearly fake because nobody has actually really died.

Don't know how CTers managed to keep track of exactly which lie is to be used when, and when that same number is to be used as gospel truth for a different argument.

Basically if it supports the conspiracy theory, it's true. If it casts doubt on the conspiracy theory, it's fake news and part of the conspiracy.

This only applies at the time you are writing so it's possible that you'll contradict yourself at some point. But that's not an issue if you just ignore that contradiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Can't help but notice this interesting coincidence that flat-earthers, chem-trail believers, NWO conspiracy theorists, lizard people believers, etc are pretty much universal in their belief that media and scientific and government sources are collectively wrong/fake.

This whole "don't trust the experts and facts, trust me instead". Like the sleazy tobacco companies trying to convince customers not to trust scientific and medical reports demonstrating the danger of cigarettes back in the day.

And here we have someone who is against vaccines pulling that exact same scam. "Don't trust the experts, trust me, and my social media sources"

• Advertisement

Unless of course the expert happens to say something in support of conspiracy claims (or can be stretched or misinterpreted to be in support of the conspiracy theory).

At that point it becomes "how can you question an expert like this?! He's a doctor/university lecturer/nobel prize winner? He's infallible!"

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭oisinog

Lindelof was taken off due to breathing difficulties from being winded when he got elbowed in the chest. Also Man United has closed its training facilities and a number of players have tested posistive for covid on Sunday, alothough players details not released he is though to be one of the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

as expected, nobody came back and answered my questions about the so called "science" behind the vaccines 3 months after the last one and the mixing of various vaccines when its related to vaccines safety

The main reason why, its because there is none.

Ye have all been duped and afraid to acknowledge it

and now you are all stuck in a position, if i dont take my booster what will happen?

will my friends reject me?

will i not get into the rrrrugby?

will i not be able to go for points of guinness with my mates after the rrrugby?

will my family think I'm a consp theorist?

You still haven't addressed points or questions.

You are just playing the Alex Jones game now of "explain that" and rehashing anti-vax talking points, whilst having no interest in explanations and not acknowledging any of the fact-checks done on your disinfo

You aren't here to discuss anything, only to aggressively bombard and soapbox your anti-vax and vague conspiracy views on the whole thing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

dont be too tough on Lexy here.... he doesnt understand medical journal articles

he needs it broken down into twitter-sized chunks for him

But your question was answered by robinph. He just repointed it out for you in case you genuinely missed it and aren't just pretending it doesn't exist as you guys normally do.

But now, since you're announcing that any questions that aren't addressed are conceded, does this apply to the dozens you've avoided and ignored?

If so...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭patnor1011

What benefits?

Up until very recently vaccinated people were not required to take test or restrict movement despite being identified as a close contact of covid positive case. Not even if they were from the same household. It was up to them to decide if they feel like to take one.

Thousands of people were going out and about despite clearly being unwell but since they had their magic pass why would they bother to stay home. And this is happening even today.

If by "benefits" you mean going around and spreading covid to get to herd immunity faster, then I agree. I was recipient of such benefit quite recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

There are none as blind as those who will not see.

Benefits such as having a lower chance of catching the virus and lowering the overall chance of variants.

Because unlike what you guys have been claiming, the vaccines are effective and safe.

You guys have repeatedly failed to provide any rational reason not to get the vaccine and you and your buddies have had to lie repeatedly to pretend there is.

Why?

Why do you think you're convincing anyone with these lies?

Jury is still out on that one, according to Chinese you will not transmit it to others if you are asymptomatic.

Even then if you do not have symptoms you hardly spread it around. It happens mostly due to sneezing or coughing but then these are symptoms so... We hear about "viral dosage" and stuff I recon whatever output come from asymptomatic it is fairly low to cause any concern.

Then of course we also do have firsthand experience when we spent first half of pandemic mingling in shops without masks and vaccines.

Unvaccinated people and anti-maskers are reaping the benefits of everyone else being vaccinated and wearing masks. If no one else got the vaccinations or wore masks the situation would be worse, the virus would be more prevalent, hospitals would be more jammed, we might be under far more restrictions and lockdown than we are currently.

Nope. Lie.

Yes, infected people can transmit the virus both when they have symptoms and when they don’t have symptoms. This is why it is important that all people who are infected are identified by testing, isolated, and, depending on the severity of their disease, receive medical care. Even people confirmed to have COVID-19 but who do not have symptoms should be isolated to limit their contact with others. These measures break chains of transmission.

Thus, we suggest that asymptomatic individuals are infectious during the early stage of infection, but some rare cases (3/100.000) become long-term virus carriers which are no longer infectious. This would reconcile the Wuhan post-lockdown study with the other studies including the one from Luxembourg. This conveys several important messages for science and public health: (i) During the acute phase of a COVID19 wave, asymptomatic individuals should definitively be included in the testing strategy and their contacts traced, because they can drive the inapparent spread the virus similar to symptomatic cases. (ii) Among AIC there is a category of rare long-term SARS-COV-2 carriers (3/100.000), with minimal risk for virus transmission, despite detectable viral RNA. (iii) Despite low absolute numbers, the proportion of this category of asymptomatic carriers will increase as the virus retreats. (iv) Finally, it cannot be excluded that rare long-term carriers may become virus reservoirs, with the potential to cause recurrent outbreaks. This has important implications for future SARS-COV-2 public health and surveillance, and our understanding of yet another pitfall of this cunning virus.

Findings  In this decision analytical model assessing multiple scenarios for the infectious period and the proportion of transmission from individuals who never have COVID-19 symptoms, transmission from asymptomatic individuals was estimated to account for more than half of all transmission.

In conclusion, explicit consideration of changes in testing capacity allows us to infer with certainty, from case and serology data, that most new COVID-19 cases do not become symptomatic. We also inferred that the overall or symptomatic reproductive number may be larger than often assumed, depending on how well asymptomatic cases can transmit. Despite this uncertainty, the strong consistent contribution to community transmission from cases without symptoms observed across scenarios supported by the data should be considered when formulating public health intervention strategies. Making available detailed information on testing policy and data on testing capacity over time will strengthen the ability of epidemiological models to learn from the past and inform us about the future.

I sure did. precisely because this are benefits you would never acknowledge.

• Advertisement

That is a nice theory. On par with oxford model of casualties which lead to first and subsequent lockdowns. We do know it is just a theory as we do have real world data from countries where there is next to zero vaccinations and mask mandates or compliance.

So just given up on your lies about the vaccines not being safe then I take it?

Is it because you realised that no one was buying your lies?

Or...?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

"How do you transmit something when you are not sick and have a high viral load?

Transmit without symptoms?

This is why we are in this mess when people like you prolong this by believing the hype that a healthy person can make another healthy person sick"

So do you claim that an asymptomatic person cannot transmit Covid?

As you claim to have done due diligence can you give some details/reasons as to why you believe that? (when the consensus seems to be that asymptomatic people can, indeed, transmit Covid, with estimates of between 20% and 80% of infections being passed on by asymptomatic people!!)

"Where have you been for the last 21 months?

Every govt is bought & paid for

Every central bank practically apart from maybe 1 or 2 is owned by a minority

I'm digressing from the forum topic but you did ask"

So you believe every government is putting out false information, in coordination with each other, and only you know the real information? Can I ask how you happen to know this real information?

Isn't it more likely you have gone down a rabbit hole of conspiracy and will believe anything that agrees with the model in your head, and likely you ignore anything that doesn't fit with your theory, and call it fake news?

Of course you're enjoying the benefits of life returning to normal, and hospitals being able to function relatively well. If noone had been vaccinated, like you, what state do you think the hospitals would be in, etc?

"Jury is still out on that one, according to Chinese you will not transmit it to others if you are asymptomatic."

Can you give a link to some information that says the jury is still out on that? If you do a search for this you get plenty of articles saying that asymptomatic transmission is happening, but I don't see any that says the opposite. When was the Chinese article published, and have you a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Every govt is bought & paid for

Keen as mustard to see the the proof for that.

Go on......

"Ye have all been duped and afraid to acknowledge it

and now you are all stuck in a position, if i dont take my booster what will happen?

will my friends reject me?

will i not get into the rrrrugby?

will i not be able to go for points of guinness with my mates after the rrrugby?

will my family think I'm a consp theorist?"

I can tell you that you have read this situation completely wrong in my case, and the case of most people I know. Most people don't want to get the virus, and don't want to pass it on to their families and friends. Some people may have been influenced to get the vaccine by the vaccine cert being needed for some things, but I can't see that being the case with most people. Do you have any reason for believing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I only know one or two who took the vaccine because they feared covid and they were pill popping hypochondriacs anyway long before 2020.

EVERYONE else I know only took it to get our ‘freedom’ back (that ended well!) go for a drink or a meal and travel abroad for some decent weather.

The upbeat feeling that was around last summer when people believed ‘the end is in sight’ after vaccination seems like a very long time ago.

• Advertisement

I suspect you really don't grasp this or don't want to. You keep mentioning the Oxford thing which was a worst case scenario with no measures and is irrelevant.

It's very simple. Masks reduce the spread of the virus. Keyword: reduce. Reduce does not mean "fully stop".

If you have a room full of 100 people unmasked, the virus spreads. If everyone is masked, the virus can still spread, but the masks, on average, reduce that spread.

This is not complicated stuff, children understand this. The same applies to any measure. Likewise, it applies to Covid vaccines. A vaccinated person is less likely to transmit the virus than an unvaccinated person (this has been demonstrated in this thread multiple times). A vaccinated person is also less likely to contract the disease (and as such increase transmission)

Does the virus still spread among vaccinated people? Yes. Just less so than unvaccinated people.

So in a country where a lot of people are wearing masks and getting vaccinated, then the minority who don't are benefitting from the actions of the rest.

Advertisement