Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

its uncanny that these agencies and bodies setup these reporting sites to capture data but when the data is in question they then put disclaimers on it and it shouldnt be taken at face value

I suppose Lindelof had heart issues aswell?

Dont worry when you are all fed up taking your 5th & 6th booster and it starts affecting your immune systems and your vax passes become invalid, you'll have to swallow a lot of humble pie when you fall into the unvaccinated category

In reality, I'm living away as normal...dont swallow the garbage from the media, dont wear a mask, go for a pint in the pub, eat in restaurants and enjoy my healthy lifestyle

and I was right a year ago when I said you would all take vaccines, not just 1, not just 2, but I said multiple.

Right again...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Erikson wasn't vaccinated. Now you aren't even trying, you are just shotgun blasting the thread with bad anti-vaxx crap

"To date, I am not aware of a single COVID vaccine-related cardiac complication in the professional sports," said Matthew Martinez, a sports cardiologist who works with the National Football League, National Basketball Association, National Hockey League and Major League Soccer and who is the director of sports cardiology at Morristown Medical Center in New Jersey.

The same goes for Jonathan Kim, an associate professor of medicine and chief of sports cardiology at Emory University in Atlanta. "I am not aware of any reports that vaccines in athletes are causing cardiac issues," he said. He called the HighWire video "a classic example of disinformation."

"A young athlete experiencing cardiac arrest is not common, but it’s also not unprecedented. And there are different reasons an athlete might collapse.

Michael Emery, co-director of the Cleveland Clinic Sports Cardiology Center, said that dehydration, heat stroke and genetic heart conditions, among other factors, can lead to collapse."

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i tell you whats not uncanny...... the fact you have no idea what 'Due Diligence' means

and we have all these fans aswell being taken out after getting defibbed

too many coincidences

I've done my due diligence

dont fall off a roof as you might be classed as a covid death - John Cuddihy

• Advertisement

The data is for experts to analyse. They literally explain this

• "Reports may include incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental and unverified information.
    • The number of reports alone cannot be interpreted or used to reach conclusions about the existence, severity, frequency, or rates of problems associated with vaccines."

"As part of CDC and FDA’s multi-system approach to post-licensure vaccine safety monitoring, VAERS is designed to rapidly detect unusual or unexpected patterns of adverse events, also known as “safety signals.” 

It takes seconds to look this info up, and how anti-vaxxers are blatantly using it to spread baseless fears about the vaccines. Which by a remarkable coincidence is exactly what you are trying to do on this forum.

https://www.thejournal.ie/debunked-covid-vaccine-deaths-eudravigilance-vaers-5467349-Jul2021/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So you are just misunderstanding the US version of the same data that you were misunderstanding from the EU this morning then.

Are you going to quote the UK numbers at us next?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

No self awareness at all. Your Cuddihy quote is exactly what you are doing. You are deliberately misrepresenting the stats to classify unrelated deaths as deaths caused by the vaccine.

ah the old "coincidence?" trope....

when more often than not its perfectly normal occurrences, just people not understanding them

what nefarious big pharma conspiracy was the cause of the deaths of the 13 football players in 2016 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

And if the whole population did like you, no masks, no vaccine, eating out in pubs and restaurants, do you care to predict where we would be today? Aren't you freeloading on the efforts of the vast majority of others in the population?

• Advertisement

So are you saying the following from the US CDC is not accurate, and the US excess deaths from Mar 2020 to June 2021 are not 700,000+? Is it your case that the vaccines caused this? (even before the vaccines were available!). The orange line is the expected deaths, the red line the threshold for excess deaths.

no I'm living my life

my health is my own business

if you have taken your vaccine then you should have nothing to worry about

if you have something to worry about then maybe you should stay at home

1st spike was the first wave when "covid" hit

Most of those deaths were in the aged when they were moved from care homes into hospitals and left to die

the other spikes coincide with vaccines

Its fairly easy to interprate once you are willing to take off the blinkers

my health is my own business

in the middle of a pandemic, no its not.

your viewpoint is selfish and irresponsible.... but not at all surprising

Anti-vaccine types are simply googling any figures in sport who have had complications or collapsed or died within the last half a year or so, which is always going to be a number of people and then are attempting to portray it as somehow being linked to the vaccines. With no evidence. Some of the people linked hadn't even had the vaccine.

Why are you just ploughing on spamming this stuff despite it being explained to you in black/white?

What's the difference between you and anti-vaxxers prior the pandemic who've spent decades using the same techniques to attempt to spread doubt/fear about vaccines?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

You are freeloading off everyone else's effort though tbf. You've basically admitted it.

These people who were left untreated in hospitals died of what exactly? Loneliness?

Your records for that?

Amazing, it's like dealing with someone in a cult.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

What about the deaths in autumn 2020 before anyone was vaccinated?

How come the rate of deaths dropped off so significantly in early 2021 as the numbers of people vaccinated increased?

• Advertisement

"Its more like you are afraid to look at the data in case you unearth something that you dont want to find

Everyone on here has a fear of rejection"

You say you've done your due diligence! Have you checked the following :

On that site you will find EMA reports on the safety of all vaccines. They do show a reasonable incidence of myocarditis and pericarditis for the different vaccines, mostly in younger males, with a rate of 100 to 200 per million for Moderna, 25 to 60 per million for Pfizer, etc. They also say the following

"Available data suggest that the course of myocarditis and pericarditis following vaccination is similar to the typical course of these conditions, usually improving with rest or treatment. Viral infections, including infection with the virus that causes COVID-19, are a common cause of myocarditis."

On Pfizer they say:

"As of 01 December 2021, a total of 471,824 cases of suspected side effects with Comirnaty were spontaneously reported to EudraVigilance COVID-19 vaccine safety update COMIRNATY www.ema.europa.eu Page 5/6 from EU/EEA countries; 5,962 of these reported a fatal outcome. By the same date almost 479 million doses of Comirnaty had been given to people in the EU/EEA."

So, for Pfizer 5,962 reported fatal outcomes in 479m doses, or about 12 fatalities per million doses. (they do say these are 'suspected' side effects, but it does not mean they are necessarily caused by the vaccine). You then need to ask yourself how many people would die from Covid per million? And what effect the virus would have on the health systems if there were no vaccines?

On AstraZeneca they say the following

"As of 01 December 2021, a total of 223,295 cases of suspected side effects with Vaxzevria were spontaneously reported to EudraVigilance from EU/EEA countries; 1,303 of these reported a fatal outcome2,3. By the same date, almost 68.8 million doses of Vaxzevria had been given to people in the EU/EEA4."

So fatal outcome is 1,303 in 69m doses, or 19 per million doses. How many people per million would die of Covid? and where do you get your numbers from?

On Janssen and Janssen they say

"As of 01 December 2021, a total of 31,782 cases of suspected side effects with COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen were spontaneously reported to EudraVigilance from EU/EEA countries; 223 of these reported a fatal outcome2,3. By the same date, almost 18.1 million doses of COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen had been administered to people in the EU/EEA4."

So a fatal outcome in 223 cases from 18m doses, or about 12 per million doses. Again, how does that compare with the fatality rate from Covid itself?

In all cases they also say ...

"These reports describe suspected side effects in individuals, i.e. medical events observed following the use of a vaccine. The fact that someone has had a medical issue or died after vaccination does not necessarily mean that this was caused by the vaccine. This may have been caused, for example, by health problems not related to the vaccination"

It looks to me like your due diligence was only half done, and reached conclusions that are not justified by the facts!!

"1st spike was the first wave when "covid" hit

Most of those deaths were in the aged when they were moved from care homes into hospitals and left to die

the other spikes coincide with vaccines

Its fairly easy to interprate once you are willing to take off the blinkers"

A very convenient interpretation!!! Who really has the blinkers on here?

And are you saying that the US stopped vaccinating for a few months in the middle? you know, where the deaths dropped?

And do you think I wear a mask in shops to protect myself? That would be a bit pointless as the normal surgical masks only offer minimal protection to the wearer, its real benefit is if I have Covid the mask reduces the transmission risk from me to others. But you don't care about reducing the risk to everyone else, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Christian Eriksen not vaccinated = a great guy, the media fawning over him and wishing him the best and a speedy recovery. Same media very quick to inform us he wasn’t vaccinated.

Calum Robinson not vaccinated = an irresponsible rogue, public enemy no 1, a media lynch mob (led by RTE of course) destroying his reputation etc etc

Why was there such hypocrisy and double standards from the media over two unvaccinated footballers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

What's that got to do with this thread? Seems like you want to discuss footballers and media, surely there's a better thread for such?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

Yesterday, heard RTE radio pushing the jabs on pregnant woman claiming they are safe. Even thought the manufacturers have openly published that they have no data on safety of their mRNA products on pregnant woman and the fetus. Wonder where RTE get their info?

While at the same time we've been seeing a 28X increase in stillbirths in multiple parts of Canada…all in double jabbed mothers only. Their minster of health sounds a bit like our muppet Donnelly. Theyre safe because we say so!

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

28 times you say. I trust you, you’re on the internet.

I imagine if Calum Robinson nearly died on the pitch, the nitrous would be fawning over him too.

The poster was claiming that Eriksen's heart attack was related to vaccines. He wasn't vaccinated when he had his heart attack.

• Advertisement

Advertisement