Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US Police killing of 15 yo black girl Makiah Bryant MOD NOTE IN OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

Danzy wrote: »
    "The Derek Chauvin verdict won’t stop cops murdering black people. We still aren’t safe"

Headline in The Guardian.

When that dramatic bs is allowed by an editor in a paper with a large readership, something has deeply gone wrong.

Driving division pays handsomely for many activists.

It's not affecting the Progressives in their leafy Suburbs.

This extract is also from the Guardian. Note that it does not mention what happens just before she was shot.

Also, anyone know why they use a capital letter for the word black and not for white?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Account with almost 50 million followers.
    I'd be looking over my shoulder if I was that policeman.

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1384951673530068994?s=20

bb322af2-f988-44f1-9204-9e412ceeec61-1140x641.png

biko wrote: »

Shame on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Jesus Christ.

I assume LeBron thought the girl with the knife's life mattered more than the girl without a knife.

And that the policeman should have stood by and let her stab the girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Why? Can I tell his home address from that. Looking over his shoulder for what? Accountability? Accountability.

Overheal wrote: »
    Why? Can I tell his home address from that. Looking over his shoulder for what? Accountability? Accountability.

Jesus! Are you saying it's ok to tweet that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,999 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

She says they don't need police at knife fights.

Well, stop calling the police then. Ring the ambulance instead.

https://twitter. com/BreeNewsome/status/1384725341550305281?s=20

image.jpg

I can't understand this logic at all.
    The police force of any nation are there to uphold law and order.

But she wants kids to be allowed to stab each other to death and the cops to let them at it.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Wallet Inspector

Why? Can I tell his home address from that. Looking over his shoulder for what?
    Being harmed obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Someone in his tens of millions of followers might take this as a call to action. The rough location of this police officer is known already . If something was to happen to the officer then James could be held partially responsible.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility. Very irresponsible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,350 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Stay classy lebron. Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

NIMAN wrote: »
    I can't understand this logic at all.
    The police force of any nation are there to uphold law and order.

But she wants kids to be allowed to stab each other to death and the cops to let them at it.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

If only there was something a cop could do that wasn't either doing nothing or shooting a teenage girl 4 times... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Sadly I think the best thing a policeman can do now after attending an incident where a black person is shot is to turn the gun on themselves. Not a great return for a nights public service and **** pay.

2BsrlCh.gif

Foxtrol wrote: »
    If only there was something a cop could do that wasn't either doing nothing or shooting a teenage girl 4 times... :rolleyes:

What specifically do you think the policeman should have done in this circumstance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

She made the choice to pick up a knife to do harm, its her own fault she is dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,133 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

That's incitement to murder.

The working class white man, saved a working class black woman from death.

That he is a cop. Working class, etc is enough for the modern Left and theirs millionaire friends to hate him.

They need a cause and something to scream about.

Sadly I think the best thing a policeman can do now after attending an incident where a black person is shot is to turn the gun on themselves. Not a great return for a nights public service and **** pay.

Police are paid way more than anyone of similar levels of training but sure keep making stuff up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,133 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

What specifically do you think the policeman should have done in this circumstance?

He could have secured Pink top Lady's corpse and called in with a description of the killer and her accomplice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Really?!?

Dont post in this thread again. Hyperbolic nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Stay classy lebron. Ffs.

Has he reputation for being thick?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Police are paid way more than anyone of similar levels of training but sure keep making stuff up.

Similar levels of training, will you explain that one to me thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

Great job, perp taken down and no innocent bystanders hurt

The opposite. Was a fan of his til right up to now but that's just beyond the pale. If he was stupid it'd be one thing.

Being harmed obviously.

By what? By accountability?

Where is the threat of harm? "YOURE NEXT (Hourglass) ACCOUNTABILITY"

Where is the threat of harm?!

Mod

Calm yourself or you will lose your posting privileges.

sUpua6W.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Did you see how fast he had to react, he done exactly the right thing with seconds to make a decision as to which one should be stopped, the one in pink or the one with the knife, good job by the cop, he should get a commendation for saving someone's life

Similar levels of training, will you explain that one to me thanks

Any jobs that require a similar level of qualification to apply (usually graduating high school at the very most) and such a short training period (farcical compared to most other countries).

They are incredibly well paid for their qualifications and time to train

EddieN75 wrote: »
    Someone in his tens of millions of followers might take this as a call to action. The rough location of this police officer is known already . If something was to happen to the officer then James could be held partially responsible.

It's not beyond the realms of responsibility. Very irresponsible

No. There is no threat here and that far from flies near any legal standard for incitement. Which, anyone who has followed US politics in 2021 knows what range of things do not meet that prosecutorial standard and, this is definitely not one of those times where LeBron has opened himself up to any degree whatsoever of liability. He posted a widely circulated image of an officer known to be in controversy and said he was next for accountability. LeBron didn't dox him didn't share identifying information, like a phone number or a photo of his home address, etc. etc. any one of a million people can take something to mean something but that doesn't mean those people are criminally liable if you decide to pursue a violent criminal act when they had no effective interaction with you.

tldr Biko is trying to draw a connection to why the BLM founder's house tweet was problematic to the point of reasonable fear of harm and this is, frankly, not.

• Advertisement

[gifs]

So you have no words to actually try to present as an argument for how there is a threat of harm?

So you have no words to actually try to present as an argument for how there is a threat of harm?

I'm treating the drivel you're posting with far more respect and attention than it deserves. You're welcome.

Did you see how fast he had to react, he done exactly the right thing with seconds to make a decision as to which one should be stopped, the one in pink or the one with the knife, good job by the cop, he should get a commendation for saving someone's life

Pulled out a taser instead of a gun. Shoot her once rather than four times.

He is lucky he didn't end up accidentally hitting the girl you're claiming he was saving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,350 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

He is lucky he didn't end up accidentally hitting the girl you're claiming he was saving.

He's not lucky he's skilful with a gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

The dangerous ****head deleted it now.

WHY?! WHERE WAS THE THREAT OF HARM!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Most likely had a phone call from his lawyer

Jesus! Are you saying it's ok to tweet that?

Actually yes.

c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.jpg

If this is okay and deemed politically defensible then I am not even batting an eyelid at that tweet from LeBron. An emotionally charged tweet but not one that was an exception to the first amendment.

• Advertisement

WHY?! WHERE WAS THE THREAT OF HARM!?

Mod

Don't post in this thread again.

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    He's not lucky he's skilful with a gun.

:rolleyes:

He has absolutely no control over what others in that situation did. The other girl kicks her off just as he is pulling the trigger then she takes one or more bullets.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

So you don't think the girl with the knife was going to stab pink girl, would you be comfortable letting that play out and seeing what would happen if you were the cop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

:rolleyes:

He has absolutely no control over what others in that situation did. The other girl kicks her off just as he is pulling the trigger then she takes one or more bullets.

Should have played it safe , and let her get a few stabs in before trying to talk her down.

Actually yes.

c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.jpg

If this is okay and deemed politically defensible then I am not even batting an eyelid at that tweet from LeBron. An emotionally charged tweet but not one that was an exception to the first amendment.

Yeah, typical faux pearl clutching from some about a pretty mild comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Are you saying he wasn't trying to save the other girl. You can argue with the methods but if he wanted to he could have let the girl stab the other girl and then shoot her and claim the deceased was armed and evidently dangerous, (see stabbing victim) and also numerous other potential victims in the vicinity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭enricoh

Thank fook the girl in the pink top wasn't white. Cities across america would be in flames right now if she was.

I wonder will policing in black neighborhoods be reduced now after all these incidents? If I was a cop over there I dunno if I'd be rushing to incidents in certain areas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

What did he say?

So you don't think the girl with the knife was going to stab pink girl, would you be comfortable letting that play out and seeing what would happen if you were the cop

No, I said already what I would have done. First choice would be to use a taser, second choice physically involve myself, and worst case shot a single round.

The cop had only arrived at the scene seconds before, he had absolutely no idea who the original aggressor was - he could be shooting a child who had been attacked and was defending themselves.

Typical US cop - zero to a dead kid in seconds.

I assume you mean LeBron?

How is LeBron dangerous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

No, I said already what I would have done. First choice would be to use a taser, second choice physically involve myself, and worst case shot a single round.

The cop had only arrived at the scene seconds before, he had absolutely no idea who the original aggressor was - he could be shooting a child who had been attacked and was defending themselves.

Typical US cop - zero to a dead kid in seconds.

You're some man. You'd do all that in the couple of seconds that she's attempting to stab that girl.

Also what happened before is irrelevant. He has to make a decision on what he is seeing there and then.

Immediate threat to life required immediate use of force. Simple

• Advertisement
Advertisement