Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

No I didn’t 😡 . And believe me , according to my internet history there are plenty of gurls on it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What's the world coming to... whatever next?!? Fillums?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at those type of online posts that contain a shot (mostly photoshopped) of the most unfathomable, highly unlikely, ludicrous stupid scenarios ever to beat witness, with the following caption:

"WYD in this situation?"

Dude. You just showed me a cartoon image of an atomic bomb going off in my bedroom and you're asking me what I'd do? Shut tf up.

Honestly every time I see it, I roll my eyes and block the user who sent it. Maybe I'm becoming an old fart quicker than I should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I refuse point blank to wear tights. I go bare-legged in the summer and just don't wear dresses or skirts in the winter. Horrid, horrid yokes.

(And for the people horrified by the very suggestion, dancers don't wear anything under their tights, only over.)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yes, but ballet dancers wear silk thights (at least, they used to), and believe me, those are a dream. You'd have to sell a kidney to pay for them, mind you.

Post edited by New Home on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

They tend to be synthetic now, for durability, but yes, still very high quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Barry Keoghan attention seeking at The Oscars turning up in a grannies jacket instead of a regular suit.( I know I'm giving it to him.)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Have to agree many, many outfits look all the hell out there at various award/fashion/envelope opening events but I'm failing to see granny jacket there.

So, my TA is I've really jumped from anything like informed to confused

• Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've a family member who's into mother of the bride/room outfits.

The jacket reminds me of stuff I've seen in various colours. From the lapels, pipping, etc and obvious with the odd variation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The amount of aggressive idiots on the road this morning. I saw 3 cars this morning fail to break red lights and they ended up blocking the pedestrian crossings as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,149 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Cheltenham.

How we have to listen to the hype all week, about how well 'us irish' are doing.

It's not me, and I have nothing to be proud of because multi millionaire trainers from this country, backed by amazing tax breaks by the goverment, are winning huge prize money.

All fuelled by a gambling epidemic that most punters can't afford. Kids will probably go hungry this week cos a parent is throwing money at Paddy Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Well said 👏

^^^^^

and add in the betting ads during every PL game and PL mangers who advertise them .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Taxi driver who was so "unfortunate" that us locals (relative to Dublin airport) were next in line. The monosyllabic grunts and self pitying statement about "having only left and I'll have to come back again" were very endearing..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

And the eejits who probably drink midweek anyway, and certainly back horses the whole time, who get dressed up and go to the pub because 'sure its Cheltenham'.

Seen one dole head who is fond of his horses in a shirt and pants today coming out of the pub when I was trying to give myself a ten minute break from a long day at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Trying to book in my car for a fairly simple job, service constantly busy, messages taken but calls not returned. I know the head honcho but didn't want to cause grief for anyone but it will happen tomorrow. Get nothing for being quiet.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 24,892 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Way too many of those dickheads up there now, I used to tip extra generously but now, any syllable of derision, passive aggression or inconvenience regarding my destination and it’s 🖕🏻

My TA’s…

1. the soundtrack of my asthmatic neighbour / cigarette smoker again smoking outside my window…..aggressively hacking her guts up complete with the annoying loud, camp friend again in tow…😴 who since I began typing is screeching and squealing with laughter like some more demented version of Knox Harrington…
    2. a friend who as usual starts a conversation then goes awol and will probably message again in about two days just as if they were away for two minutes…literally just continuing as they left off…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If they are only doing a local trip they get put to the front of the taxi queue when they come back,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,892 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

2.20 am now….The same neighbour has left their side gate open / unlocked and it’s banging like a motherfûcker in the strong wind gusts… her bedroom is beside it too so how the fûck unless the cûnt is absolutely deaf can she sleep through it is anyone’s guess….

she’s not a teenager, graduated from college and doing a masters so my guess is 23/24/… Just shows you an education will give you a qualification but it won’t give you common sense, proper consideration, intelligence and prevent you from being a thick, useless spanner devoid of self awareness and concern for those literally meters away, who never bother you but who DO value and expect peace & quiet at 2.20am …. And again, ⚠️! crash !⚠️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Fair enough you're entitled to your opinion but if we stopped everything because some people can't control themselves then we'd have nothing left to enjoy.

I think saying 'most punters can't afford it ' is not the truth.

Agree that gambling is one of the worst and most destructive addictions but the people who throw their lives and families away on that would have done so on something else if there was no such thing as gambling.

It's just making excuses for addicts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Taking new kitten to the vet for her registration check up and flea treatment did NOT go well. I've scratches all over my hands. It was a 2 person job and she was hissing and spitting like a demon. Thankfully she didn't bite but we're definitely gonna have to come up with a new plan for the next (hopefully not for a long time) visit. The poor thing was so stressed and afraid.

TA that someone had the gall to mention a new kitten and didn't even post any pictures. For shame!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Rescue remedy and a sturdy bath towel. I have the scars and punctures too 🤣

TA, cough bad again, impossible to keep up with, draining me the last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Contract with current electricity provider re rates, Had received email regarding new rates but when speaking to not 1 but 3 agents they quoted me different rates. When I asked the last snooty guy why email has different rate (lower) he said "I don't know but this is what I have in front of me , so maybe you need to go away and think about it "

Acutally sonny, I dont have to go away and think about it, i'll just go away and sign up with another provider !

One of my bugbears is I think taxi’s should have meters , not an arbitrary cost

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Two fold annoyance - I'm looking at some f the "stars" at the Oscars and thinking "your mother lets you out in that ?? You look like a tart!!"

And then thinking "Oh if I only had the figure for that ....!"

• Advertisement

Cheltenham . Not because of people sitting in pubs blowing their money , but because ITV is not showing Tipping Point and Lingo . My whole day is out of sync 😡😡

Advertisement