Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

I just find when you get up for work and come home, Perhaps waiting an hour stuck in traffic, get home and only have about 5 hours to yourself before you have to go to bed and get up the next day and do it all again and do that for 60+ years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,998 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The annual Shock-tin na nnnnnhnnGaelige almost upon us again, just spotted an article for 15 slang terms in an attempt to get "down with the kids", another hopeless attempt at making Irish cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,417 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know reality TV wouldn't be popular here however I kind of enjoy dancing/singing stuff.

However I just want to see the dancing/singing which take up about 30 minutes and not the filler that takes up 1.5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A certain food company..

ordered a delivery, €5.50… is now the delivery charge and when I try paying the website somehow manages to open my actual App Store on my tablet prompting me to download their app…..

food is nice, but expensive and business practices like that, accessing your App Store kinda shady….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Joined that ranting and raving forum but I can't find it anywhere 🤬 I miss the old boards.

I want to be taken out for a meal today by a guy and have him recommend me **** from the menu..but that is not going to happen anytime soon anyway.

Post edited by ruth...less on

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Click on the three bars at the top left of the screen beside BOARDS.IE and select Groups from the drop down menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Thanks Hilda and what about the meal? Can you sort that out for me too? 😁😁

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,737 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Newest TA in the local SPAR has removed the KP salted nuts and replaced them with own brand ones that aren't as nice or as salty .

Also I had to get up as the bed was too warm, , and now I'm up I'm freezing

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,264 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just got called for jury duty on my two weeks holidays from work in April.

And on top of that,it's 70km away and I must pay my own petrol and parking 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 46 whiteivy

What really annoys me " People who work in jobs for five to ten years and seem to think they own the place ! God help anyone New coming in.

Also applies to social media it seems.

• Advertisement

It's a good job here is antisocial media :)

My TA is I replied to a thread from 2018

Those pesky kids !

local mini supermarket/shop beside the university seemingly is now a meeting point / hang out venue for groups of the kids late teens or early 20’s…

you think that the adjacent pub or café would be the ideal venue for them to go into to….to sit down, hang out, chat, shoot the breeze and just chill.. with a drink, sambo, muffin or whatever…

but NO… they go to the supermarket, some hanging around together just inside the door, some further inside blocking the shelves and drinks cabinets… and look at you as if you have about 27 heads when you utter a polite ‘ sorry there ‘ as you try grab a drink or get past…. Good fûüūúk…..what exactly is going on in the heads of these gimps !?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,417 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I used the new recycling machines tonight.

Supermarket A had two machines.

One was out of order.

I recycled five bottles and the machine broke.

I then went to another supermarket and it recycled my remaining bottles but the machine broke again.

It also wouldn't accept two can's I had the had the correct logos.

The endless RTE sh1te. Couldn't care less about Shoe-in Knee Rally and Minister Martin. Just wrap it up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 whiteivy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

God bless the newbies. 😁

In case you're also wondering, TH (in the other thread) means Trivially Happy.

We could put TA in the title? Trivyully Annoy (TA)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Naaaaah. It's funnier when people ask, IMO.

Mind you, we could ask to have it renamed "The Nicolas Cage appreciation thread" again, like someone did, uh, 10+ years ago, IIRC?

One of the worst nights sleep I’ve ever had thanks to my little cûnt of a neighbour.

About 22/23, a student, parents away and invites what sounds like their entire social group over for a Monday night session…. Fine, IF you can keep the thing indoors and under control, but, nope.….after 4.00 am there is a group of them out back yapping and drinking…

the main issue being couple of gobshîte drunk lads trying to out camp Larry Grayson and absolutely roaring at each other and their little hostess standing there lapping it up…with her own little poxy drunk shrieks. All not far from my bedroom window..

Im feeling somehow way better than the meagre couple of hours sleep that I did attain should allow.

There is recourse though that might not go down all that well, might not be totally legal and legit but neither is breaking noise regulations and keeping people awake all night ..…especially on those of us who have been 100% consistently courteous, fair & neighbourly…..

Irish media reporting every fart and burp out of the needlessly overcomplicated and drawn out US Presidential Election.

I'd thought of Trump as a fart but never Biden as a burp?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Can we keep the thread to Trivial Annoyances please?

There's lots of threads in CA to discuss more serious matters.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Baba Yaga

lads with a man-bun,shorts,runners and an ant-artic explorers coat that Shakelton wouldve been proud of...just feck off!! gobshites...

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

That I had to buy £20 credit to get back online. I rang my ( no Internet ) Provider who said there’s a boo boo with their routers . ie they don't work .

You would hope that before you offer a service , send engineers out etc that they would have done due diligence that they actually worked .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,332 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

These things will be the new "e voting machines".

• Advertisement

We cut down on waste by introducing even more waste; machines only fit for scrap that issue paper receipts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement