Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I left my keys in work for the second time this week. They're in the lock of a locker beside my desk. Luckily I have a spare in my backpack (or I wouldn't be in my house) but it's annoying. And it means that anyone in my work area could be rifling through the locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Getting charged a euro for an extra teabag!! I used to regularly go to a cafe for breakfast during the week before work and then every Friday for lunch. Yesterday I thought the pot of tea was a bit weak so i asked the guy behind the counter for an extra bag and he says "oh that will be a euro" and I was surprised so I reply "really? A euro for a tea bag?" And he kinda rolls his eyes and says ah here so go on and gives it to me as if he's doing me this big favour.

That's the last time I ever darken the doorway. Cheeky hungry little fcuker asking a very regular customer who has handed over hundreds to his business charging a euro for a teabag. For not much more than that I could get a whole box of them in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The 101 bus breaking down on the motorway outside Swords yesterday morning. I didn’t fancy squeezing onto a packed Dublin Bus with the rest of the rabble so I booked myself a cab into work instead although it cost €45 💩

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I use an old fashioned clock radio as my alarm. This morning I was woken by the trumpet part in this already god awful song: (skip to 1:20ish for the delightful trumpets)

It scared the absolute bejasus out of me. Not a great start to the day. I already hated the song but now I loath it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That every channel seems to have ads on at the same time .

I was running out of space on my iCloud so I bought extra memory for €.99 a month . But I had to use my UK card and I see they’re charging me £.99 .

Theiving basterds

• Registered Users Posts: 15,945 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

International womens day, a box ticking day for companies to showcase the miserable number of female employees they've managed to hire and pat themselves on the back for being so inclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Since when did loud, continuous public sniffing become a thing. And not just a little sniff but rip roaring snotty sniffs. It’s feckin disgusting, use a tissue

• Registered Users Posts: 33,229 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Cillian Murphy.

Don't get me wrong, I like him. Think he's a great actor, and usually enjoy watching him. He also seems like a really decent fella, down to earth.

But Jesus the Irish media have gone way ott in their love-in for him over the last few months. There's hardly a day when he isn't discussed on the radio. And if it's not him, they spare a bit of time for Mescal or Scott.

They've taken over the mantle from the rugby players as the nations favourites.

He will win the Oscar, so I suppose we will have plenty more weeks of wall to wall Cillian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The online taxi fare estimator…..You put in lots of very specific information….. origin/destination/rate type, bags etc/number of passengers/day and time of journey.

yet the estimated quote one way I’m getting is….. €12.00 - €17.40… So I’m paying return anywhere between 24 euros and 34.80 before tips.

They might as well tell you to go pin a tail on a donkey.

An estimate is not meant to be accurate but it seriously pointless when the lowest value to the highest is a difference of about 45%….. having been given very detailed info about the trip.

Yodel . Prick of a driver left the package outside and never even knocked on the door .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sinus infection, sudden onset as usual. Miserable bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ruth...less

**** nostalgia getting at me tonight.... remembering one of my childhood friends who I suspect was psychopathicish but I remember her teaching me how to walk high walls. And we used to call it the tests and she was teaching me all these tests I had to complete. I wasn't a climber naturally cause I was the sensible kid...I always meched with the crazys cause I brought them down and they brought me up and we made a happy medium. Anyway I was grand walking the walls ...like high walls...nearly ran it and I loved it but getting down was the problem. I was stuck on the wall and we must have spent an hour one night with her coaxing and encouraging and explaining to me how to do it..there's a technique to slide down... Eventually I just did it and I passed 'the test' and it was the best feeling and we were both delighted with ourselves.

Id do anything to be stuck on that **** wall right now when that was my biggest problem 😁😁😁

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA that there seems to be no Trivial Annoyances today so far. 😀

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Neighbours parents are away again, so again she invites friends over.

at 2.30am they all decamp outside, why exactly I don’t know it’s March ! Presumably to smoke but they are out there about 90 minutes, whooping, hollering, giggling and screeching…. The young neighbour is a melt, a little Chucky style starey eyed weirdo freak, a heavy asthmatic and she is smoking and hacking her lungs up like a 70 year old, no fücks or consideration given by anyone as to them being inches away from multiple residential properties and the time it is….. she has one particular accomplice, some ultra camp head melt drama lama who by the end is just roaring like he’s fit be be sectioned ….

the property is ex directory, I have no recourse to slyly return the inconvenience, I would if i could…the Gardai on a Saturday morning too I’d imagine are going to be pretty underwhelmed with a noise complaint…..so by the end I sleep at what must have been well after 4am… cünts

• Registered Users Posts: 38,045 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The 'Token camp friend' is a must in today's friends group

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

When you get a gift voucher for a place you've never been to (ie not a place you go to on a regular basis or a treat)

You look at the price list....nice one, I either let the voucher go to waste or I fund 50% myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That Sunday night dread about going back to work that is ten-fold after you've just spent the last week soaking up some Spanish sun 🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm trapped in the smallest terminal in JFK with the most godawful diddly-eye "Irish" duo playing bowdlerised versions of traditional songs. Like trad music wasn't bad enough to begin with.

Everything is also set to a waltz, for some reason.

• Advertisement

That today has dragged on. I was ready to go to bed but it was only 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I think I speak for all women here when I say that tights, as an institution, can go suck a fcuk. They're even more uncomfortable than bras and I've never in my life found a pair that didn't make my legs feel constantly itchy and like I've got an unmerciful wedgie for the entire time I'm wearing them.

This. They'll be going mad looking for interviews off old school teachers, next door neighbours, his postman, give me strength.

Media losing their minds about mum on benefits pissing about with pics of her kids on phone.

https://news.sky.com/story/picture-agencies-pull-kate-photo-amid-manipulation-concerns-13092352

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

30 years since I wore a pair, could not agree more, have had plenty of thermal liners and such over the years with work and tights absolutely were the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Archeron

Had lunch in a pub yesterday, was really nice until i got enveloped by a huge cloud of vape from two tables over. Menu said beef and onion sambo but didn't mention the strawberry scented chinese chemicals served on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Not to be too graphic but "double pant"! - Knickers - tights - knickers. Works a treat and keeps your bits and pieces warmer in winter!

Hmm . I always thought you were a man grem . Interesting 😷

Oh that's happened me many many times. Don't worry about it 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Sat outside a café having a drink when my thoughts on the intricacies of life are interrupted by an unusual "hhhhcccccch" sound. I unfortunately chose to look up, only to see a charming young gentleman, replete with both hands firmly stuffed into obviously grey tracksuit bottoms, McGregoring up the path. The sound happened again but only in conjunction with a violent head tilt toward the sky and then completing the move with a large ball of green scum (fitting) being spat on the ground, right where people walk, aka the f*cking footpath.

Now, the smug grin on this lads face suggests he is right on the first wave of some new w*nk/spit trend, but I'm not much for TikTok so I can only assume it's exclusively because his parents never bothered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement