Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 whiteivy

I feel like a right eejit now, 💯😂,

But thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I went to take clothes out of the wardrobe for this morning when I was brushing my teeth last night - multitasking at it's finest.

I realised there wasn't any toothpaste on the brush so checked my face, clothes and the floor between the bathroom and wardrobe, no sign of the missing toothpaste.

I went to put laundry away this evening and found the toothpaste congealed on the sleeve of a black jacket that had been washed after I last wore it.

I rinsed it off in the sink and have it hanging to dry but I have a feeling I'll either need to wash it again or walk around looking like someone jizzed on my arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hung out some washing this morning but had to take it in less than 5 minutes later as it was too windy out and two pegs had already come off/broken 🙄

Trying to change my billing payment card with iCloud . I can’t remove it , and when I add another card it can’t be used as it’s from a different ‘ country ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Archeron

Toilet roll dispensers that give only one sheet at a time, what use is that to anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,229 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Absolutely this, if that's the way it's dispensed please make it somewhat better than greaseproof paper at least

Even worse when there’s no hot water and wipes to clean your fingers after it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's a sort of phonetic for the name of a recently resigned person from RTE over various disclosures, think it's Siun Ni Reilly, too lazy to search for correct.

TA despite eff all sleep last night and all of it broken I still can't settle tonight. Up in less than six hours. 🤬🤬💩

• Registered Users Posts: 24,979 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Self proclaimed experts on social media ….it’s flooded with the awful goons..

one example a fella I just scrolled onto, claiming to be a driving instructor, giving erroneous info on how and when a motorist may proceed to overtake a cyclist. All the while taking one hand off the wheel to point at various issues of interest regarding the overtake… for a second he has both hands off the wheel to dramatically gesture faux frustration and subsequently doesn’t appear to slow down any approaching the speed bumps…..you’ve just failed your test you twat ! 🤪.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Simple one: a scratch on my hand just above the junction of my thumb and I haven't a clue how I did it 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 16,122 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Was in the waiting room for a doctor and a young couple came in . The receptionist was so rude to them and then proceeded to give wrong information . Seriously some people need to be told how rude they are and now I am annoyed with myself for not saying so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Going out on a limb here. I suspect the young girl is pregnant and the receptionist does not approve!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,122 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

No , they were asking about medical cards and she actually gave them wrong information and then blanked them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Another couple for my Bad Drivers TAs Collection (TM).

1. A chap rolling a "cigarette" with both hands while driving hands-free. You can't steer a car by leaning sideways like you do a bike, you nincompoop.
    2. Two lanes at a traffic light, one for going straight or turning left, the other for turning right. A van riding zig zag over the line, undecided, then takes the right lane and proceeds to stop way before the light to let through a car parked on his right which then plonked itself on the left lane cutting me off. I curse and let it drive on, when the fecking van also decides to change lane again, right in front of me - I missed it by a hand width because thank God my reaction times are still acceptable and I braked very hard. Then this chap turned to the right lane again, indicating right.

FFS, if you don't know the way, park somewhere and check a map, don't drive like a headless chicken.

Post edited by New Home on

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Received an email from a tech store where I bought my now retired work laptop. This email gave the "support your local tech store" spiel.

I checked their website.

Well, a well known RTE Radio Personality has his own recommended products page on this site..

Fek Off with ya. Forget about my custom.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

There was a notoriously rude receptionist in my doctor's clinic for years. I used to dread encountering her, and she was inefficient into the bargain.

Anyway, one fine day as I was standing waiting to check in at the front desk, the woman ahead of me, was tearing into her, over a mistake she had made. All in a very calm, low-key voice which made it all the more effective.

I don't think anyone else there at the time, either the staff or others like myself, who were waiting for our appointments, had an ounce of sympathy for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

When people are washing their hands or whatever and turn the tap on full power.

• Advertisement

Dealing with Apple

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Shortening words unnecessarily...

Saying common acronmys incorrectly...

It's R-T-E not R-Tea

It's G-A-A not G-Eh

It's C-C-T-V not C-C-V

RTE News camera operators who focus the camera on the background and not the presenter in the foreground....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Archeron

Badly chosen stock images of humans put into artists impressions of completed future construction projects.

There's one in Dublin that features a woman walking through a door. Her expression of shock indicates she was expecting to enter her kitchen, and not an amazing new rooftop terrace with city views.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Stock images in general. Especially for problem pages. They should use real ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Wife was going to the chipper earlier. I texted asking for "Dinner box with breast".

When I opened the box, no breast. Instead it was a drumstick, and two thighs

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ruth...less

I always ask for two thighs in a snack box lol rather than the breast 😁 hate the drumsticks tho.

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,979 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

firstly……Sometime between 6.00am and 6.30am there is a fleet of Dublin buses cutting through our residential area to presumably get to their nearby terminus to start their routes . There usually seems to be about 4 or 5 or 6 in a group for the various routes… they probably shave 5 minutes off their trip by doing this and not going around the main road, but in the dead of night that many big vehicles almost one after another, the squeal of them breaking for the ramps, revving to re-accelerate off up the road, seriously noisy…despite being years here this only is happening the last few days….been woken up a handful of times including this morning and the road I live on has no bus stops / route, whatsoever…

Secondly…. My neighbours little goth freak geek daughter is back living with them, she is in her early 20’s but must be kicked out or anyway moved out of her student digs or whatever. She seems to be despite being an asthmatic who has been hospitalised with the condition, now a total chain smoker that has her every 25 minutes out the front near my bedroom, if she has friends over the shrieking, and oddball noises out of these apparent adults is a thing of absolute mystery, going on now, most people I know go out their back for a fag, but not this little annoying gimp.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement