Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm dossing in work and am TA about the same things being posted over and over again clogging up threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You mean NO SUGAR in the house? Ah now that is poor planning! Next tiem buy 2 bags and keep one locked away... Learned that living out in the wilds

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I took 5 minutes to go to the shop. Also bought chocolate biscuits to go with the coffee 🥺

• Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

One is hanging over. My kingdom for an alka seltzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Can we please try to normalise NOT using 'Reply All' for inane "thanks so much" emails, or "have a good weekend" emails?

• Advertisement

Are Thursdays the new Tuesdays ?

Midweek drinkys

My TA is a constant headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Pissed off going into the weekend for the second time in a row. Mainly thanks to more nitpicking from a certain work colleague who has no qualms talking to certain people as if they were shitstains.

Didn't get it. Beyond devastated, it was literally my dream job.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I cut my nails too close and now my fingertips hurt and I can't use them properly - picking up anything or opening/closing bottles, taps, etc is agony. Stupid, but TA.

Post edited by New Home on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Forgetting stuff. I hope to God this is normal. Spent 10 minutes wondering what the word is for public officials enjoying a lavish function at public expense. The word is junket for anyone wondering.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Casual enough rugby fan…. But watching London Irish vs Northampton but the enjoyment it’s absolutely being tempered by an absolutely enraging incompetent performance by the ref, Sara Cox.

she is screwing Irish from a height… including disallowing a perfectly fair and good try of theirs … because a Northampton player and physio are encroaching on the pitch by a matter of inches while the player of theirs is under routine treatment / evaluation…. If the player and physio don’t move, which they are able, that’s on them… their player walked from the field, he can walk another 2 feet and have himself not interfering, but because he is, he benefits by stopping a try.

pure idiocy… she shouldn’t be let referee a begonia growing competition…. Kinda sick of it in all sports grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Holier than holy posters who feel obliged to jump into threads just to attack others without contributing to thread itself. And who then, naturally, expect sympathy from others for not having been up to scratch for something they were aiming for.

And loud music in places that can’t quite decide if they are restaurants or bars. Maybe I’m just getting old though

Working in my brother's car dealership today as a favour. He normally closes at 3 but we're finishing at 2 today because of the match. I can pretty much 100% guarantee that some complete tyre-kicker will wander in at 1.55 and want to test drive at least three cars that they have no intention of actually buying.

I worked in car sales years ago and it would honestly boggle your mind how many people see going around showrooms as a fun day out.

Post edited by Dial Hard on

Also, people who sign off the most banal and unfunny comments with "lol". It's not a form of punctuation, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Queuing in boots this morning. 3 people ahead of me. 6 behind me. 1 till open. Another worker comes out of the back with stuff to put on the shelves. Asks the other person if they should jump on the other till instead of stacking shelves. She looks at the queue and goes “no, it’s grand”. I was annoyed but the people further back must have been pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Customer service in boots has gone shocking...I'm waiting over a month to get a reply to an email.

I forgot I wanted apple cake/crumble and cream when I was in lidl earlier....I did get CHOC chip muffins though

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

When you pull into a filling station with your vehicle and you can't find a free pump where the fuel nozzle is on the same side as your tank - so you have to pull up to another pump on the other side as tight as you can and still the fuel hose barely reaches the far side of the vehicle as you awkwardly try to jam the nozzle into the fuel tank. Arrrgh!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dropped my manual coffee grinder and the bottom bit that holds the coffee grounds is all bent out of shape and won't screw on properly now, major Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

had to re-install an app on my iphone. Trying to get it back to the same position on my front home screen and everything else is moving out of position, stacking etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This conversation:

Me; I was just looking at the bin bill, its 30€ pm but you only put out 5€ worth of rubbish per month,

Them: I would have to drive the rubbish to the dump(he loves driving to the dump) so.................

This am:

Them: Why is that washing machine on? its not windy and it costs a fortune to run.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Chatting with a friend(Z) yes who was complaining that her friend(Y) who I don't know at all, withholds information and is very very annoyed about it.

Z answers maybe one question in ten that I ask but when someone else does it, its rant worthy.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The absolute shítshambles that is Terenure village today due to roadworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

elderly family member who let’s say, likes a bargain. They have their phone signed up to receive notifications from about a million different businesses… in addition they are in a couple of WhatsApp groups… residents group, church, family, whatever… so when you are in their company constantly their phone is just pinging and dinging ….. 😤

all been enabled by others as they are not too technologically adept… ‘phones are great, Alan ( the son in law ) signed me up for xyx’… to which I replied, ‘jeez if you sign up for anything else your battery will be dead at the rate it’s beeping there’…. I get ‘the look’ 😬😁

speaking of dead I’m loosing the will to live listening to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

@AxleAddict when I'm trying to drag the petrol hose around the car, and a 6ft young lad watching middle aged 5ft me struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

Walking under a pedestrian underpass earlier, nice young family in the middle looking into the water and chatting and laughing.

Just as I walk past them, the smallest kid points straight me at me and loudly says (with tunnel echo for added effect) , "He's the devil, daddy look, he's the devil" .

There is nothing devil like at all about my appearance, would if anything be more a captain caveman style.

Feels like I'm at the beginning of a horror movie now. The second I see a hovering nun I'm calling an exorcist.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Are you sure they were pointing at you and not directly behind you?

That I completely missed the fact that i have 10,000 posts. I thought 10K was the max ! It only took me 13 years

• Nope, not on vanilla. That was a vBulletin thing if threads went over 10k the site didn’t like it haha.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That my inner thermostat is on the blink again. I am feeling so cold this evening. OH is usually the icicle but she was wandering around the house no bother..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement