Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Mrs. Joel Mango Unicorn freezing this evening as well and I’m the diametric opposite..!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Left a pint of water down beside the couch, knocked over the glass,cleaned up the mess then knocked over the glass again to spill the remaining water in the glass

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That was a max of 10,000 posts in a thread. There was never a limit for a user.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

This evening I appear to be coming down with a head cold. Felt unusually overtired last night and this morning, was very warm when I woke up and since dinner tonight I have a been rapidly developing sinus issues. Nothing chest based or related to my general breathing but I’ve got a lot of stuff lined up this week and I don’t wish to be laid up any time. My Dad has been sneezing very frequently for a few days but otherwise ok, maybe it’s his bug…but it’s usually allergies with him, so i thought little of it.

Only positive is I’ve nothing on tomorrow aside from a fitness appointment in the evening but that can be swerved.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bad pain flare in work, never mind resting bitch face, i have positively raging bitch face on a lot now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My nephew's scummy lowlife pathetic excuse for a father making the 11 year old have a panic attack the day after his birthday because he was so afraid that he'd be shouted at for asking for a PS4 as a birthday present.

Now it is a given that the kid is a major drama llama about everything and is getting himself worked up unnecessarily, but how sh1t of a father do you have to be to make your child work himself up like that? And then to call the child 'manipulative' and threaten to take my sister back to court for full custody? We did get a laugh out of that at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,277 ✭✭✭✭blade1

New work boots today and one of my socks keeps slipping down under my heel.

Now if that isn't a trivial annoyance, I don't know what is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The ad that popped up on my phone.

' we have 115 MEN looking to meet you '

FCUK off !

when I got in from lunch, the TV had been left on and loose women was on. They were talking about whether young people should move out of seats on public transport to give them to older people… or actually BE moved.

One argues quite legitimately for no, as the young person might have a disability or medical condition not apparently obvious. don’t know any of their names but one said something like..” well you should give them a good puck * hitting motion * and they’d move quick enough… “ given the size of the wan who said it, 3 people would then get to the empty seat before she’d even taken in the necessary breaths of oxygen after her physical exertion of physical assault on said young person.….

a bizarre two minutes of TV that on afternoon prime time TV you’d be listening to an auld wan moaning about a kid sitting in a seat they are entitled to and subsequently wanting to assault them if they don’t get up for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A TA that has always stuck with me since the Vanilla change is the fact when you use the forum the old one displayed the users online at bottom of the page whereas now its invisible.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

• Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Any shoes that squeak while walking. You do sound like Squidward going around the place.

My parents were complaining about not hearing me on their house phone. So I disconnected mine, their old phone , to leave it with them. Just so an elderly couple wouldn't be stuck . Now after plugging all back in I've no WiFi .I couldn't arsed messing with it now.

Also you could see who thanked posts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭sporina

grr - went to the post office today to get a few stamps to post cards to some folk and the price of em has gone up again - ffs.. and in such a short space of time..

Wondering if businesses these days are inclined to let staff off more with being insolent to clients…. Earlier I’m going into a business, the person on reception is giving a dressing down to a client and speaking to them in the most rude, loud and condescending manner for the whole place to hear. The young lad on the receiving end has an embarrassed demeanour, I don’t hear what he says or supposed to have done but he is plainly very courteous, respectful in his tone, when he gets a word in, his body language is open not confrontational and is speaking quietly in attempt to resolve whatever impasse.

I think nothing more of it… on leaving the building i thank the same staff member but unintentionally I use the name of her colleague… “thanks Caroline“ instead of thanks “Ciara”… I’m tired and they both look very much alike… 🫣 face and height / physicality and hairstyle, they could actually be twins….but my error either way…. “ ehhh right my name , it’s Ciara, it’s not Caroline “ and some other inaudible words in quite a similarly explosive, loud, unimpressed and belligerent tone as Im walking off. I’m tempted initially to turn around and engage but gladly I keep walking as the rest of her inaudible diatribe dissolves on the wind….

rest of the staff there are class, professional and brilliant as it goes but jeez, I’m a client for almost a decade but they’d want to get a handle on this wan….

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Usually busy in my local Cafe Sol when I go in. System is you queue up along the counter and give your order and pay the cashier who shouts back your to the staff making the coffee, then you stand to one side. Problem is that any one time you could have 6 people waiting for their order when whoever makes it puts a coffee down and says "Americano" Cue a few looking wondering if thats mine or did someone else order one earlier.

Sites on Google that say ' we value your privacy ' and then make you jump through hoops to reject cookies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭oneweb

Something I'd only thought of the other day is that parents expect teachers to instil the most basic life-survival knowledge in their kids. And teachers (rightly so) believe that the kids they've got charge of for a few hours a day have the basic cop-on to enhance their education. So there's a massive deficit of what kids should know which is only going to become an even more biggerrer chasm over time.

Leaving Cert 2033

Biology - Higher Level

Question One: Why is it important that we wipe our bumbums after we go poopoo?

It is what it's.

"Happy birthday, Jimothy!"

>"Happy bday, Jim"

>>"Happy biirday, James"

>>> Many happy returns, JD"

And then my manager would wonder why I didn't open my email til after lunch.

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

10 mins left in my lunch break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Surviving a "few" beers.

Only to be hit hard the day after the day after. ,🥴

I quietly removed the RTE News app from my mam's phone 'cos it was doing my head in. She never even noticed that it was gone, yet she had been picking the phone up every bloody time it binged.

It is what it's.

I worked with someone like that. Daddy owned horses.

I've always been one to do quick favours when someone pops over to the desk. Saves soo much time all around. Anyway, she'd been letting a project slide and wasn't sending me what I needed to do my bit. I go on holiday and get a text from my work-wife, who was in a meeting with some managers about the project timeline, and watched in awe as horseygirl declared "oh yeah, I'm waiting on Oneweb". Work-wife couldn't believe it. I was seething then just had a laugh.

Cue a quiet meeting with my manager who was always sound when I got back. Next time yer wan came over I looked at her, smiled and said "yeah that'll need to go through the process", she started "oh but it's only a small thi...". Me: "yeahhh, noooo". She never asked for a favour again. Bitch.

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Oh, I'm so sorry I got your name wrong, Claire, you receptionists all look the same to me."

🤣

😅 good one…Or “would they not give you a cushion to sit on I could only see the top of your head down there “. which would not be untrue. But not very polite….

This.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I need to go to Lidl and both of the ones nearest me have ridiculous roadworks between me and them.

Seriously, wtf is with all the roadworks around Dublin at the moment??? I've never seen anything like it.

My TA is I'm obviously a bit of a grump . Loads of things annoy me trivally . I could post a hundred times a day here. Latest one is the sickening best wishes they offer to other contestants on Tipping Point. You’re AGAINST them for money ! Fcuk them !

Also I’ve a sore back. ,a fiercely bad memory , a headache and something else that I can’t remember. Rant over .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Ads on DoneDeal for DoneDeal that are to easy to select when scrolling on my phones which open DoneDeal in the browser! F off!!!

How the f are your ads turning up in your own app????

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement