Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you don't like that everybody else does.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Brussel Sprouts.

Everyone else I know seems to love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭blueser

The Simpsons and South Park. I must have been out of the office when the memo about them being funny went around.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

The Mother-In-Law.

Weird thread.

The term in the title is things I don’t like that “everybody else does.” Not things I dislike that everybody dislikes.

I can’t see that James Cordon, Brussels Sprouts, or mother in laws fit that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

"Friends", I'm the only one in my social circle who thought it was muck first time around and still thinks it's rubbish. My other half is like a child at Christmas looking forward to the "reunited" show.

I don't get the mega love for friends either.
    Sure I watched it back in the day and it was alright. Was what it was but I just don't see the big cult, huge following it has gotten since it went off the air in 2004.

• Advertisement

Mine is democracy. At least I don’t think it’s a universal solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Salted caramel, makes me gag even thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

fvp4 wrote: »
    Mine is democracy. At least I don’t think it’s a universal solution.

Edgy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Baked beans from a can
    Ketchup (the smell is horrible)
    Findus Crispy Pancakes
    Vanilla ice cream
    Bananas
    Kebabs
    Sweet and Sour dishes
    Porridge
    Star Wars/Trek/Gate etc
    Harry Potter
    Lord of the Rings
    Game of Thrones
    Adam Sandler
    Mrs Brown
    ACDC
    Smoking
    Most sports
    Trad music
    Salt and vinegar crisps
    The Late Late
    Dog/Horse racing and gambling in general

• Registered Users Posts: 13,514 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

xzanti wrote: »
    Baked beans from a can
    Ketchup (the smell is horrible)
    Findus Crispy Pancakes
    Vanilla ice cream
    Bananas
    Kebabs
    Sweet and Sour dishes
    Porridge
    Star Wars/Trek/Gate etc
    Harry Potter
    Lord of the Rings
    Game of Thrones
    Adam Sandler
    Mrs Brown
    ACDC
    Smoking
    Most sports
    Trad music
    Salt and vinegar crisps
    The Late Late
    Dog/Horse racing and gambling in general

Ya sound like great craic xzanti :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,297 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Late Late.

I was under the impression it was generally pensioners that liked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

B
    The Late Late
    /QUOTE]

I was under the impression it was generally pensioners that liked it!

People who revel in the depths of other peoples misery like it.

I'm not the biggest fan of mindfulness no matter how much you try and sell it to me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Brussel Sprouts.

Everyone else I know seems to love them.
    They're grand.

As long as you don't cook them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Tea
    Pringles
    Lamb- doesn't matter how it is cooked, just no.
    Goat's cheese.

Check shirts
    Skinny jeans
    Soaps on TV
    Instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

All those interminal box set series that everyone is into now. None of them are a patch on a decent movie like The Godfather (for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Greyfox

tdf7187 wrote: »
    All those interminal box set series that everyone is into now. None of them are a patch on a decent movie like The Godfather (for example).

Ah the godfather, a solid 7/10 movie, i dont get why so many rate it higher

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

cj maxx wrote: »
    Ya sound like great craic xzanti :D

I actually am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Turning your garden into another living room. I was visiting various DIY/ homeware shops looking for a small bistro table for my garden so I could sit outside with a cup of coffee and couldn't buy anything that wasn't part of a "set". Most "sets" were full-on dining size tables with 4-6 chairs and corner sofas complete with awnings and rugs (!). Mirrors too, if you want them! Seems to be a real trend now!
    I've a modest garden and feck all space to put these things away when not in use to stop them getting mouldy, the smaller the better for me. Probably a trend stemming from the pandemic and the emphasis on outdoor entertaining.
    Queued up for half an hour at Jysk, got sorted :). They have the larger sets too, but also stuff for people like me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Friends, the TV show. Pure dung. Grand if you were 12 or 13 when it came out first and you enjoyed it at that time but I know many adults that consistently watch re-runs of it. Really dont understand it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Friends, the TV show. Pure dung. Grand if you were 12 or 13 when it came out first and you enjoyed it at that time but I know many adults that consistently watch re-runs of it. Really dont understand it.

Watching people get cross at young people seeing Friends for the first time and not thinking it was very funny, was amusing. Getting cross at young people for not liking 30 year old jokes.

Could gay jokes be any less funny in 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Most trad music, or diddley iddley music as I call it.
    Also rebel songs, just pure cringe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm watching the boxset on Netflix and enjoying it. However, there is a notable dip in quality after the London episodes where any sort of long term character arcs are dropped in favour of zany antics and storylines. Phoebe in particular is just irritating and shallow, no more perfectly encapsulated in an episode where she tries to use her mother's suicide to score a free muffin.

I like the show but the idea of spending nearly thirty quid to head to Manchester to take snaps of myself in mockups of the sets or sitting through hours of James Corden reminiscing about it... Nah.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I'm not the biggest fan of mindfulness no matter how much you try and sell it to me.

Kind of like wellness, it's not so much what it is but the new shiny packaging of something that already exists wrapped up in a nice catch phrase for the twatterati.

Getting cross at young people for not liking 30 year old jokes.

In fairness to friends lots of young people enjoy it and can relate to the very well written jokes. It did dip in quality towards the end but that tends to be the norn for comedies that go on for a long time.

A lot of the food at M&S especially for the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,873 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s aged terribly actually... when you watch it back the acting is dreadful in it...none of the actors post friends made any sort of success of their acting careers... lots of straight to dvd type stuff ...

Strumms wrote: »
    It’s aged terribly actually... when you watch it back the acting is dreadful in it...none of the actors post friends made any sort of success of their acting careers... lots of straight to dvd type stuff ...

Im currently rewatching the whole series and still think its the best comedy ever. I think its aged quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Strumms wrote: »
    I liked it when it first came out but god its seems cringy now. Jennifer Aniston has had some success in fairness, a lot more than the rest of the cast anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Coca Cola, Pepsi-any kind of cola. All taste vile to me.

Advertisement