Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

my GF has the phone and it's nice but the lack of a back button annoys me. why they always changing stuff that isn't broke, the back button was perfect as it was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

my GF has the phone and it's nice but the lack of a back button annoys me. why they always changing stuff that isn't broke, the back button was perfect as it was

You can add that back in the setting
    Also, once you get used to gestures, it's intuitive but I can see how it can be annoying if you are not used to it

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/6073614?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I dislike the gestures as well but I'll give them a shot, as everything is moving that way and I'll have to learn it at some stage!

So, I wanna make sure I don't drop this and smash it like my 3a. Can anyone recommend me a nice case that isn't too bulky? I usually leave phones as is, but I've dropped the last couple so I've learnt my lesson now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I hated them. I love them now, buttons seem so inconvenient once you give the gestures a bit of time to sink in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

welp. thanks for that. GF is delighted for that now, we both didn't like the gestures. That was my only minus against the phone, I'm gonna try and order now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Save yourselves the stress lads and buy in store. Same price and your done in 5 minutes. It's a nice upgrade from the 3a.

will wait for an eventual deal on the 4a 5g I think

bigger upgrade on the cpu, camera and battery size

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I dislike the gestures as well but I'll give them a shot, as everything is moving that way and I'll have to learn it at some stage!

So, I wanna make sure I don't drop this and smash it like my 3a. Can anyone recommend me a nice case that isn't too bulky? I usually leave phones as is, but I've dropped the last couple so I've learnt my lesson now.

this type of case is a good compromise between protection from falls on a flat surface and not totally covering up the phone

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iBetter-Google-pixel-4a-Anti-Scratch-Ultra-Thin-Smartphone-Black/dp/B085NFJHF7/ref=sr_1_20?dchild=1&keywords=pixel+4a+case&qid=1618142412&sr=8-20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Ush1 wrote: »
    Save yourselves the stress lads and buy in store. Same price and your done in 5 minutes. It's a nice upgrade from the 3a.
    At €179 or €279?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

JDxtra wrote: »
    At €179 or €279?

279, no mods around to change the title it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

Went to the store yesterday to pick one up but they didn’t have stock, though before getting one ordered from another store I was told that the phone is definitely locked to Vodafone. Anybody that bought it able to confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

It's 100% not locked to Vodafone.
    I got mine in store and it was unlocked.
    I think they tell you every phone is locked cos its better to be safe than sorry. There's no returns if a phone is locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭joficeduns1

Out of stock in store too for me. How low could the 4a 5G be expected to get?

Out of stock in store too for me. How low could the 4a 5G be expected to get?

currently probably only down to €450 but will get cheaper eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

glasso wrote: »

4a 5g is currently €499 it was down to €399 up to a few days ago. Hummed and hawed about it and the Oneplus 8 which was on offer at £349 and 8T @ £449 and ended up getting neither. Pixel 5 only €60 off it if it had a bit more I probably would have bitten!

Was less than 400 in Google store just recently

• Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Will it go any cheaper

Will it go any cheaper

Not much. Might get 349 for a brief to clear remaining stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

grogi wrote: »
    Not much. Might get 349 for a brief to clear remaining stock.

No sorry I mean the 4a

• Advertisement

No sorry I mean the 4a

I don't think so. 279 is crazy good price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

You can enable the back button in settings - bring back the standard android three button nav.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

wingnut wrote: »
    You can enable the back button in settings - bring back the standard android three button nav.

The gestures are way more intuitive (to me).
    My wife is the opposite. She's a complete luddite ;)
    Luckily we have choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

this type of case is a good compromise between protection from falls on a flat surface and not totally covering up the phone

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iBetter-Google-pixel-4a-Anti-Scratch-Ultra-Thin-Smartphone-Black/dp/B085NFJHF7/ref=sr_1_20?dchild=1&keywords=pixel+4a+case&qid=1618142412&sr=8-20

Mine for the 3a is similar to this. The brand is Spigen. Fits my 3a perfectly.

Wheety wrote: »
    Mine for the 3a is similar to this. The brand is Spigen. Fits my 3a perfectly.

Spigen's are great, I had one for my S6 and S7 years ago. They don't seem to be available to order from the UK Amazon, but maybe better luck on .de

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Has anyone that order actually got a confirmation email? I've had 1 failed order and just tried again now and no confirmation email so probably looking like another failed order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Same shames when they had the 3a.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

I stupidly tried to place another order and yet again, it got cancelled after no confirmation email showed up. I'm now €560 lighter with no phone (should be returned in 3-5 working days).

I've had multiple failed orders, I'm pretty sure they're out of stock online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

manlad wrote: »
    I stupidly tried to place another order and yet again, it got cancelled after no confirmation email showed up. I'm now €560 lighter with no phone (should be returned in 3-5 working days).

Same here 2 failed orders online and also tried 2 stores who had no stock.

Advertisement