Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

It probably goes out of stock and then back in stock cos lost orders fail

Got my refund at least. Do Google ever discount their phones on their own website? No way I'd ever try buying anything off Vodafones site again.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Lemon Davis lll

I've 2k+ points in the Irish life app but when I click through to the VF offer I'm directed to this.

What gives?
    Sorry, you would need at least 2,000 points to redeem this reward. You can add it to ’My wish list’ for now and continue to collect points to redeem it once you have enough points.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 StudentforLife

If it helps I used a Visa card, new customer sim only monthly top up, VHI code worked and the transaction that worked was at 7.30am.

I've 2k+ points in the Irish life app but when I click through to the VF offer I'm directed to this.

What gives?

VF0013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Anyone able to tell me how I return an online order. I know this is a Pixel thread but I ordered the iPhone SE with this offer and I've changed my mind and going to return it to Vodafone for refund

Badly fukt wrote: »
    VF0013

Thanks, though price then reverts to €279 during the checkout process

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Do you have to click through a link from the Irish Life app though? I've been on the VF site and couldn't see anywhere to enter a promo code
    It's when you go to pay for it on the vodafone site. It will list for 279 and then there's a box under that (for I think they call it a referral code maybe?). You enter the code there and the price changes to 179.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

I’m not even that bothered about phone anymore, just curious to figure out why it works for some and not others

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

benji79 wrote: »
    I’m not even that bothered about phone anymore, just curious to figure out why it works for some and not others

It's the mobile Mobile tech God's punishing you for some reason..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I work in IT as a software developer. I can only assume I am being punished with this bug for all the bugs I have inflicted on others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

There's a special place in hell for all the numpties that designed, developed, tested and signed off on the Vodafone.ie web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Am I right in saying any cancelled orders with money taken will take about 7 days to come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I have a €100 discount code for this or the iPhone XR from the Irish Life thing if anyone wants it.

I thought the discount would work with the 4A 5G but don't think it does and my work phone is an iPhone so I like to keep my personal one as android.

If you want it send me a PM and I'll send it to the first person

cloneslad wrote: »
    I have a €100 discount code for this or the iPhone XR from the Irish Life thing if anyone wants it.

I thought the discount would work with the 4A 5G but don't think it does and my work phone is an iPhone so I like to keep my personal one as android.

If you want it send me a PM and I'll send it to the first person

Bet it's VF0013

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Unlucky for some, 13

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

Managed 2 order one, I think, **** knows with Vodafone! When I went 2 checkout I got some error about the email/phone no. being already in use, I have BB with them! Signed into my account & went back 2 basket & was able 2 checkout @ €179! Got a tracking number so will wait & see!

Thanks OP & whoever posted the discount code!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

AnPost web tracking is back for those who are concerned about the shipments.

Got my cash that was on hold on my Visa returned to my card today for the first attempt on the 17th

Received order confirmation email last night but.....

- no despatch email

- order status 'Not Found' on the Fonua website

- no € debited from account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭NewClareman

They definitely keep some history, that might be impacting cancellations. I signed up with a new email address for this offer, using my personal mobile number that was with VF up to last year. I was surprised that my order details included a reference to a work mobile number which I hadn't used in a number of years.

My order is showing as sorted at Dublin AnPost hub, @ 19:22 on 23rd April.

Update: Delivered this morning, 26th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I placed an order yesterday evening and got a dispatch email an hour later, but I'm not entirely sure how to track it. I was given an order confirmation number and a reference number.

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    I placed an order yesterday evening and got a dispatch email an hour later, but I'm not entirely sure how to track it. I was given an order confirmation number and a reference number.

You track it on an post
    https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Track/Search

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

What is the general consensus on a good case for the 4a?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Badly fukt wrote: »
    I'm not sure which number to use, though; both give the "We don't have your parcel yet" message.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

The reference number worked for me although it took maybe 12 hours or longer for it to show up on anpost's system.
    It should arrive within a couple of working days.

I'm not sure which number to use, though; both give the "We don't have your parcel yet" message.

Yeah it takes a day before it's active. Mine shipped Friday but I couldn't track it until Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Anpost probably won't pick up your package until tomorrow evening, so it won't show on the tracking system until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Just ordered there. Took the money straight away and got an order number. No email though. Fingers crossed. Thanks all.

• Advertisement

rizzee wrote: »
    Just ordered there. Took the money straight away and got an order number. No email though. Fingers crossed. Thanks all.

You need confirmation. Check the website, is your order on open or submitted. Open usually means it's failed

Advertisement