Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

You need confirmation. Check the website, is your order on open or submitted. Open usually means it's failed

I placed the order when I wasn't logged in with an email separate to my VF account. Do I have to register with that email in order to check orders?

Logged into my standard account there and no orders.

Apart from that, I took a screenshot after it took the money and it says:

" Thanks for your order.

Your order number is xxx

The order confirmation was sent to xxx@gmail.com

We will send your contract to the email address provided
    , It will also be available to review on my Vodafone

"

Then it says your order will be sent by Standard Del to xxx

rizzee wrote: »
    I placed the order when I wasn't logged in with an email separate to my VF account. Do I have to register with that email in order to check orders?

Logged into my standard account there and no orders.

Apart from that, I took a screenshot after it took the money and it says:

" Thanks for your order.

Your order number is xxx

The order confirmation was sent to xxx@gmail.com

We will send your contract to the email address provided
    , It will also be available to review on my Vodafone

"

Then it says your order will be sent by Standard Del to xxx

Yes I got that too, but my order was stuck and I never got a confirmation email. A few days later I had to contact support to cancel the stuck other. Log in with the email you placed the order with and see the status of your order

Yes I got that too, but my order was stuck and I never got a confirmation email. A few days later I had to contact support to cancel the stuck other. Log in with the email you placed the order with and see the status of your order

Ah no way.

I registered with the email address I placed the order with, went to My Records and Orders, there's nothing there.

Ah no way.

I registered with the email address I placed the order with, went to My Records and Orders, there's nothing there.

Contact support, ask them

Contact support, ask them

17:16 rachit
    I would like to inform you that the order is confirmed and the time frame for the order confirmation on email is 24 working hours, please do not worry, you will get the confirmation by tomorrow morning as the team for the same is not there on Sunday, so you will get the confirmation tomorrow morning , please do not worry on that part. :)

17:17 rachit
    It is not canceled., please do not worry.

17:18 rachit
    You will get the confirmation by tomorrow. :)

I have checked the same at my end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

I wonder has the Irish Life code something todo with all the issues.

Maybe Vodafone built in some cap on the number of discounts they were going to allow

I wonder if someone tried to buy at the €279 would it magically go through

17:16 rachit
    I would like to inform you that the order is confirmed and the time frame for the order confirmation on email is 24 working hours, please do not worry, you will get the confirmation by tomorrow morning as the team for the same is not there on Sunday, so you will get the confirmation tomorrow morning , please do not worry on that part. :)

17:17 rachit
    It is not canceled., please do not worry.

You will get the confirmation by tomorrow. :)

I have checked the same at my end.

You're in business then so.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

benji79 wrote: »

Maybe Vodafone built in some cap on the number of discounts they were going to allow

I wonder if someone tried to buy at the €279 would it magically go through

You try sure

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    You try sure

I probably will try it. At €279 it’s still a good price

I probably will try it. At €279 it’s still a good price

People had the same issue at the €279 price before the code became known.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058176239&page=4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Lemon Davis lll

I'd wager not

The common denominator is an e-commerce platform, the likes of which an Albanian discount superstore would be ashamed to stand over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Bet it's VF0013

Jesus they really put no effort into that, did they?

6th order today and my first email confirmation. This time I got a customer satisfaction survey after the order. Anyone get that before?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Kumpic

6th order today and my first email confirmation. This time I got a customer satisfaction survey after the order. Anyone get that before?

I got one just after the order. Looks like it's a successful one as item is about to be delivered today.

Ya I got it on every one of the 5 cancelled orders

Contacted VF this morning as I still didn’t receive confirmation from order at 4:30pm yesterday.

They took the order number I screenshot, gave me tracking number and said it’ll be here tomorrow at the latest.

The tracking number is just numerical and isn’t working on the An Post site, is there other letters I should be adding in too?

The tracking number is just numerical and isn’t working on the An Post site, is there other letters I should be adding in too?

Tracking number won't work until An Post have collected the phone from Vodafone which will likely be at some point later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Raoul

Is this much of an upgrade over the pixel 3a?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭gussieg

all the reviewers ive seen raving about it, better chip , better everything , but how much better i dont know.
    Certainly i reckon the 3 would beat it, as that has the snapdragon 845 in it , flagship chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭wassie

Raoul wrote: »
    Is this much of an upgrade over the pixel 3a?

This article published only last on month covers this very well - decide for yourself!

https://www.androidauthority.com/google-pixel-4a-vs-pixel-3a-1143812/

Worth noting it also ships with Android 11

• Advertisement

Ya I got it on every one of the 5 cancelled orders

6th order cancelled after confirmation email. FU Vodafone, seriously FU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Has anyone got it after ordering last week ? Looks like they have blocked the code use !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Has anyone got it after ordering last week ? Looks like they have blocked the code use !
    Ours from last Friday both arrived today. Ordered another 2 again today, all good so far.
    advertsfox wrote: »
    Order dispatched - only took 2 hours to process :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

No update since it was collected in Dublin.

Just went down to the mailbox to find the "Something for you at ..." card from AnPost because the registered lettered/packet could not be delivered. No phone call/no door bell.

My post person is usually better than this, but it looks like this is coming via special registered delivery.

Option 1 collect it this afternoon or option 2 get it redelivered which can take up to 5 days.

Fun times....

Ours from last Friday both arrived today. Ordered another 2 again today, all good so far.

Bloody hell I can't even get one and you have multiple.

This is what I find so strange about it. Some people have no issues

Is there anything unusual about how u order, is it off a phone, laptop? Debit or credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

This is what I find so strange about it. Some people have no issues

Is there anything unusual about how u order, is it off a phone, laptop? Debit or credit card?
    No nothing, I'm not with Vodafone but I think it clearly does a credit / vetting of some sort when processing. Ordered to Dublin via Eircode. Credit card to purchase but that's the very last stage, don't think they care how they get their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I never had an issue with ordering from Vodafone either. But I always was porting a genuine number, not a throw-away one.

It’s the first time in 20 years I’ve not been able to order. Annoying when I feel I’ve stuck with them that long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Using same name, address, payment method, computer, browser etc. below are my experiences…
    • Order using existing Vodafone.ie login with upgrade OR new number selected – all orders cancelled.
    • Order using new Vodafone.ie login with new number requested – order ships.
    Go figure. It's meant to be an "upgrade" offer. :confused:

Advertisement